• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Had a couple of matches against team sci-fi (my own team) yesterday at night.

Reached sci-fi King too, so I may not go back to play turf wars, but I'll play Salmon Run.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
DO7hkpQVwAAoxNj.jpg:large

Just straight loses. I'm not going through the anguish of losing most of my matches in a Splatfest again. Sorry Team Fantasy.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people play sniper? Standing in the corner doing nothing is not contributing.

EDIT: Just had a disconnected teammate AND a sniper on my team. God I hate this game sometimes.

Last edited:

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Done with splatfest finally. Went 20-12 overall with a mix of team and solo matches, though the easy majority of these were 4-squid Fantasy mirror matches. I think we only found like 5 or 6 Sci-Fi teams in the entirety of our run. Where was everyone?
Anyway, gonna keep echoing my same sentiments as always: Splatfest is not fun and it always boggles my mind to hear people excited about them.

Oct 25, 2017
I had a lot of fun last night with the splatfest. I played until 3 in the morn, and got my kidsquid to royalty. Had some very fun and punishing games as team sci-fi.

Nothere

Oct 26, 2017
#teamSciFi here and we're getting demolished... i don't understand this matchmaking at all.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why I kept playing after starting 1-6. What a slog to get to Sci FI King. Especially when I finished with 3 loses playing like crap. Still somehow finished 23-20, but man...

Rock And Roll

Oct 25, 2017
Some weird glitch on mobile unlinked my account for discord, can I get an invite to the channel? I don't think boss updated the OP and the first few pages don't have it.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Turns out discord just pooped it's pants, but still, maybe put a link in the OP?

Last edited:

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LMFAO!

Just was in a salmon run match with 3 players called: o no, o no and finally one named oh yes! And they suicide emselves and then i died too lol. The o no ones were female inklings and the oh yes one male lol.

Dafuq that shit was hilarious.
Edit: fuck should have pushed the record button....

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Splatfest has been going pretty well over here on Team Fantasy, even though I still have some regrets over choosing wizards over robots. The Shifty Station is crazy and reminds me a bit of a Splatoon 1 map in how crowded it is, the Sloshing Machine feels built to excel on such a stage. People seem to be extra crazy with their usernames right now, I've met Bernie 2020 and FDR's legs already this morning

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, they really want the North American players to play the Splatfest. The Salmon Run rotation is Range Blaster, Squiffer, Bamboozler, and Splattershot Jr. on Lost Outpost. Got to 600p and quit.

Splatfest went okay. Played on Team SciFi and found the opponents to be a bit better than the Werewolves last time. Didn't see that many of the new Flingza Rollers, only like one person. Was surprised more people weren't trying it out during Turf.

This Shifty Station is decent. Can get a little campy, if a good charger sets up in the middle.

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
18-12 for team Sci-fi. Will get my photo up later but yeesh, last points were as usual the slog. No mirror matches though so I'm feeling like Marina might get her first win out here.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I had a BAD start and landed at 1750, fought my way up to around 1900 and stayed there, which is about 70-80 points worse than where i've been in the past.

Team Fantasy, and a lot of Fantasy/Fantasy matches so maybe the masses haven't given up hope on Marina actually winning one of these, which is, in fact, bad news for her.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Every game I tried, my team is just... doing nothing. I shouldn'tve picked Fantasy. Also, these splatfests should really last all weekend. What are they thinking?

Edit: Spell broken! My team did something!

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Won more than I lost on Team Fantasy, but dang that matchmaking was making me want to give up before reaching King. I got to a power level of almost 2200, and then it starting matching me with ~1900 teams and pitting us against ~2200 teams, probably 1/3 of my matches were like that. I dropped back down to ~1900 power level with those terrible matchups before finishing off a little stronger at 2000.

Nothere

Oct 26, 2017
Every game I tried, my team is just... doing nothing. I shouldn'tve picked Fantasy. Also, these splatfests should really last all weekend. What are they thinking?

Edit: Spell broken! My team did something!

Dude i feel the same way... i'm in no way a pro player or anything close to it, but still, matches where i felt i did a good job were lost anyways, and i was number one on my team.... that's what i meant by "matchmaking" on my last post... lost like 6 matches in a row, was ready to give up.

...made it to king though, i'm good now.

MrPhiliasfrog

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people play sniper? Standing in the corner doing nothing is not contributing.

EDIT: Just had a disconnected teammate AND a sniper on my team. God I hate this game sometimes.

Well to become an excellent sniper you need to practice a lot, therefore it's normal to encounter a less than competant one.

Also, I would like to add that while it is less easier to paint turf than a aerospray, a good sniper can still cover a lot of ground.

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up with 17-10 for Team Fantasy with power level hovering around 2000. Probably the most enjoyable Splatfest since Ketchup v Mayo for some reason. Hopefully Marina finally gets a win here

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I (Team Fantasy) had a really succeessful session, won the vast majority of matches. Only played a little over 2 hours I think and I'm at about 50/99 on the way to King. I am not making any predictions because the last 2 splatfests I had a horrible time, lost over and over and scraped to the final rank on constant +2s.....and then ended up being on the winning team.

Gonna finish up tomorrow evening.

Lol, and OF COURSE my experience today was polar opposite of last night. Lost the majority of matches, connection issues out the wazoo (last night was flawless), tons of matchups against my own team, etc. That last 50 points took me as long or longer than everything last night.

Still...king! I only barely made it to champion last splatfest so I agree this one was a lot smoother and more fun overall.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
Man, I've gotta be 0-7 in this splatfest already. Normally I can crawl and scrape my way to 1900-2000 power level, but this splatfest I've been consistently hitting 900-1000p and half a dozen splats only to watch the entire board swap colors as soon as I go down. So I'm stuck in this low 1600s hell.

Then in the 2 games I've played against other Fantasy teams I've pulled 1200p and 8 splats and won with a +15% margin. :/

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, did I miss the Splatfest? lol

Edit: Oh, my dumbass isn't connected to the internet.

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
Doing much better this Splatfest than last time, I'm on team Sci-fi. Last time I was getting steamrolled in every match despite being on the winning team, now it's the opposite lol

Galactic

Oct 29, 2017
Florida, USA
I'm on Team Sci-Fi, and I've been getting a lot of communication errors at the end of my matches along with laggy team-mates and opponents. Feels like every 2 matches I win, I lose like 4-5 more in return.

I made it to the final rank, so I'm gonna help my sister's account for a bit - she's on Team Fantasy but is out with friends for tonight so she can't play.

James

Oct 25, 2017
US
That was hell. 20 wins, 25 losses on team Fantasy. That is by far the most I have had to play to make King. Sorry, team.

I definitely blew a few of those, but I feel like matchmaking was cruel to me a lot of the time.

I think it looks like a Sci-Fi win.

Spectrum

Oct 27, 2017
Is the result screen still ordered by turf painted during splatfests?

Also I just got Moray Towers like 6 times in a row :(. I really dislike that stage.

Galactic

Oct 29, 2017
Florida, USA
With all these mirror matches I'm getting on Team Fantasy, I'm thinking they'll get the popular vote. Sci-Fi might get single and group wins.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
I went 21 and 12 for Team SciFi. Not bad! I swear Moray has a higher chance of getting chosen or something...

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I love this game so much. I didn't do as well this Splatfest as I have with the other ones. Team Fantasy here.

Also, I can't decide which OST is better: Splatoon or Splatoon 2.