• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I'm not sure what you mean by "permanent" in this context, but reaching max splatfest rank means you'll be awarded more snails once the event is over. You use those to add slots to gear that doesn't already have three slots, or instantly reroll abilities on gear with three leveled-up slots, giving you the three original abilities on that gear back as chunks. They're very useful and snails otherwise aren't easy to come by so it does help to gather a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get into this Splatfest until quite late, so I didn't make Queen. Pretty rough record, too (15-12 and about 500 rating points below where I was previously; I hadn't played at all since the last one). Shifty Station seemed a bit forgettable and uninspired this time around, but at least it was a more functional and dynamic map than that silliness last time with the timed locks splitting the map into discrete halves.

Also pulled out the Tenta Brella for the first time, and had a blast with it: the delay after firing before you can return to squid form throws me off quite a bit when it comes to escapes, and the inking power isn't that great, but the weapon just adds so much unquantifiable support to the team's success if you use it well, and stylishly too. I saw a lot more success with it than with the standard guns, which are beginning to tire me out a bit in Turf War (a mode I only ever play in Splatfest, it seems).

So weird rolling with just splattershot for most of this Splatfest.

Usually I rotate weapons that suit Shifty Station the best and tend to use it for the rest of the Splatfest, but it's amusing how Splatfest is normally my testing grounds for new weapons.

BHgtw7l.jpg

Highlight match for me this Splatfest... Doubt I'll ever see that good of a ratio in a long while lol.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did a few more games before time ran out. Actually had a Sci-Fi mirror.

Love the Stingray.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oh freak I completely missed out on the Splatfest!!!!!! Noooooooooo!!!!!

I didn't even vote! I feel so stupid now!

I want to do this day over again.....I'm so mad right now.

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, we pulled it off. Good job, Team Fantasy! Good games, Team Sci-Fi.

Good for Marina; she needed to catch a break.

James

Oct 25, 2017
US
Nice. I am surprised but well pleased!

Way to represent Harry Potter, Star Wars and Game of Thrones. (And especially Kingkiller Chronicles.)

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Of course I miss the one Splatfest where Marina wins.....

I have lost my desire to play Splatoon 2 for a long time.

Rock And Roll

Oct 25, 2017
Had to figure Marina was overdue for a win. Congrats Sci Fi, incredibly close games and I had a great splatfest. Almost got to 2300 before losing to some bullshit beyond my control, I got there in spirit though. Aiming for 2350 next time!

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh freak I completely missed out on the Splatfest!!!!!! Noooooooooo!!!!!

I didn't even vote! I feel so stupid now!

I want to do this day over again.....I'm so mad right now.
Hey AlexFlame116 good to see you here dude! I am 13ruce btw (got a new better gaming username :P) the one with the Squid Sisters avatar you might remember me and i am the dude that wants a Squid Sister + Marina tattoo. Was banned at the old place for something silly.

Anyway good to see you here on Era my friend.

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I've won every Splatfest so far lol. I must have great taste.

(I knew Fantasy was going to win because Past won in Past vs Future, and that one always stuck with me as a WTF moment)

Nothere

Oct 26, 2017
Man this game is so damn good... splatfest pulled me right back in.

Been playing Dualies since day one but i figured this is the right time to test other configs... so i'm starting with brand new gear and using the Custom Blaster... talking about a chance of pace.
So much fun.

GuySloth

Oct 27, 2017
Hooray team fantasy! Playing solo splatfest is always painful, it definitely makes me miss splatera chargers during team matches. I never thought I wouldn't have it in me to grind to king but that's happened the last 2 splatfests now.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
What's the motivation to play a ton of Splatfest matches?

I haven't played much Splatoon lately (mostly due to shitty wifi in this house) and got in 2-1 for Sci Fi last night.

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
What's the motivation to play a ton of Splatfest matches?

I haven't played much Splatoon lately (mostly due to shitty wifi in this house) and got in 2-1 for Sci Fi last night.
You get more sea snails depending on your rank, with a max of 21/23 per fest (depending on whether your team wins or loses). They can be used to increase the number of slots on 1 and 2 star gear, or to reroll all three slots on any gear that has all three ability slots filled in.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Quite surprised we won individual matches based on some of these matchups i was getting.

But yay! My frustration yesterday has been vindicated. I guess it's because Nintendo picked a really good one for balanced popularity and then it sort of became anyone's game after that.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow expected team Sci-Fi to wreck Fantasy like crazy, good to see em win tho i was for them (EU player here).

Anyway hopefully a new Salmon Run map is coming soon kinda getting burned out of the current 3. Ideally there should be 5 or more for variation.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow expected team Sci-Fi to wreck Fantasy like crazy, good to see em win tho i was for them (EU player here).

Anyway hopefully a new Salmon Run map is coming soon kinda getting burned out of the current 3. Ideally there should be 5 or more for variation.
Yeah it's really surprising we're over half way through November with no Salmon run map...

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like they're on a several month timescale with Salmon Run.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bummed that Team Sci-Fi didn't win, but then again, with all that ability chunk grinding, I hadn't been spending my Sea Snails anyway. Super Sea Snails don't seem like as much of thing in this game, do they? Just been using them to unlock slots so far.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I've mostly used sea snails to grind chunks without playing matches, lol. Just keep rerolling the same piece of gear to get chunks from it.

Lenz

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hello SplatoonERA. I just picked up this game with my Switch on Friday. I've been having a blast with it.

Do any of you guys have any tips to give to a new player? I've been just trying out all the modes. I made it to level 7, during the splatfest I reached champion, and I'm currently at Go-Getter rank for Salmon Run. Don't remember which campaign level I'm at.

James

Oct 25, 2017
US
Hello SplatoonERA. I just picked up this game with my Switch on Friday. I've been having a blast with it.

Do any of you guys have any tips to give to a new player? I've been just trying out all the modes. I made it to level 7, during the splatfest I reached champion, and I'm currently at Go-Getter rank for Salmon Run. Don't remember which campaign level I'm at.

There are a lot of great YouTube videos with tips and demonstrations. Spend a few minutes to watch one before you play, and try to put something from it into practice.

Always be aware of what your teammates are doing, and work with them. (Usually work with them. Sometimes they are doing everything wrong and you have to save them from themselves.)

Goals are, in order of importance:

1) Stay alive
2) Control strategic points
3) Ink turf
4) Splat opponents

It changes sometimes, but stick to that until you know otherwise. Learn what the strategic points are for each map, but it is generally the center.

Remember it's just a game. Don't crush your controllers when you lose.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've mostly used sea snails to grind chunks without playing matches, lol. Just keep rerolling the same piece of gear to get chunks from it.

Oh yeah, I forgot you get all the chunks. I might go spend 10-15 to get those last 20 chunks I have been grinding for forever.

Does anyone on SplatERA like Drop Roller? It's kind of fun with the dualies and the brushes, but can't tell if it's actually that useful.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I forgot you get all the chunks. I might go spend 10-15 to get those last 20 chunks I have been grinding for forever.

Does anyone on SplatERA like Drop Roller? It's kind of fun with the dualies and the brushes, but can't tell if it's actually that useful.

Not a fan of it personally but can see its use depending on your playstyle.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017

I tried it for a bit during the game's launch but It's very situational and I don't run it anymore. I'm not a very risky squid jumper.