• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jet Squelcher gets 10% improved ink spread, not range. Same for Ballpoint's 8% nerf.

Moral of the story is pick Nogami's weapon or suffer for all time.

Last edited:

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday was Splatoon's anniversary! :D

D7to9NQVUAIMBlA

D7to9NXU8AEs30n

The Jet Sequelcher buff is legit, now I get to paint more than the Sploosh-o-matic and Aerospray :P
It was always somewhat frustrating to paint wide spaces like Piranha Pit and Skipper Pavilion, but with that minor tweak in 4.8, I was building special like crazy last night. It might seem like a very minor buff, but it changed a bit how I played, it gave new life to the Squelcher IMO.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So glad the patch was pretty minor and none of my team's usual weapons were significantly effected, of course a patch always has to come out right before a tournament. 62 teams at SnS this year and some of them are super stacked. But I'll be happy if we win one match all weekend

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On a whim, popped this into my Switch for the first time in months. Put 5 hrs in again, this game is addicting.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I would love to play some Splatoon 1 cause I miss the stages, music, the original Dual Squelcher, but I don't want to update my Wii U cause I plan to install homebrew on it :P

I do miss the sheer stopping power of the Splatling, but I've always enjoyed the deliberate, positional, zoning playstyle of the Squelcher more. Plus Sub Power Up with the Custom Jet Squelcher's Burst Bombs is a fun gimmick.

I'll still bitch and moan whenever I come one shot short of killing someone on the tower or with the rainmaker and we lose, though!
I really should get back to ranked, but I still can't decide any builds >_<

UCd0lte.jpg

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I would love to play some Splatoon 1 cause I miss the stages, music, the original Dual Squelcher, but I don't want to update my Wii U cause I plan to install homebrew on it :P

I really should get back to ranked, but I still can't decide any builds >_<

UCd0lte.jpg

You've got a big enough surplus of chunks that you can just start experimenting. If you go for the full gimmick load-out on the Custom Jet Squelcher, the set pretty much builds itself, too. If my old notes are still correct and patches haven't changed anything since I made them, you need 36 points of Sub Saver to toss triple Burst Bombs off a full tank and 15-18 points of Sub Power Up to extend the bomb throwing range to the edge of the Jet Squelcher range. And then you've only left with one or two free subs to play around with. May as well fill those up with QSJ and Bomb Def, to eliminate all choice completely. That way you'll only be paralyzed by fashion decisions!

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
You've got a big enough surplus of chunks that you can just start experimenting. If you go for the full gimmick load-out on the Custom Jet Squelcher, the set pretty much builds itself, too. If my old notes are still correct and patches haven't changed anything since I made them, you need 36 points of Sub Saver to toss triple Burst Bombs off a full tank and 15-18 points of Sub Power Up to extend the bomb throwing range to the edge of the Jet Squelcher range. And then you've only left with one or two free subs to play around with. May as well fill those up with QSJ and Bomb Def, to eliminate all choice completely. That way you'll only be paralyzed by fashion decisions!
OK, that sounds really fun.
Are QSJ/Bomb Def good? Especially if it's only one or two subs?

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
OK, that sounds really fun.
Are QSJ/Bomb Def good? Especially if it's only one or two subs?

One sub of Bomb Def Up sometimes helps you not die to the splash damage of Burst Bombs, Ink Jet and Tenta Missiles. One sub of Quick Super Jump cuts off almost half a second from the wind-up animation, which is useful once you get into the habit of super jumping out of tight situations to preserve special gauge. Special Saver is another ability that's good even in small amounts.

Another note about the Custom Jet Squelcher build I described: I so far haven't found a practical reason why you'd want to toss three burst bombs in a row, so you're free to swap in more useful abilities, but if I go for gimmick I tend to go full gimmick.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
One sub of Bomb Def Up sometimes helps you not die to the splash damage of Burst Bombs, Ink Jet and Tenta Missiles. One sub of Quick Super Jump cuts off almost half a second from the wind-up animation, which is useful once you get into the habit of super jumping out of tight situations to preserve special gauge. Special Saver is another ability that's good even in small amounts.

Another note about the Custom Jet Squelcher build I described: I so far haven't found a practical reason why you'd want to toss three burst bombs in a row, so you're free to swap in more useful abilities, but if I go for gimmick I tend to go full gimmick.
I would go full gimmick too :P
Thanks for the advice :)

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
If you got a pesky ink brush in something like clams, or just in general, having three burst bombs is very helpful.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was really happy to get that 4th for the full wipe

custom splat jr with movement and sub saver perks has been legit for splat zones

RedFyn

Oct 25, 2017
Discord link.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Let me know if it still works.

Make sure to read through the #welcome channel first.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Many thanks. Is the game still being played a lot on here?
It varies depending on the day. Sometimes a few folks are turf warring or doing League matches (this seems more common on weekends?), and there's the occasional private battle lobby also. A lot of us server regulars will also get together for nights with other games or other general nonsense.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you ever go with unicorns over narwhals? This should be the most one sided splatfest in history if there was any justice in this world, but past results show that splatfest results are not about justice. I feel like this splatfest being announced now, a couple days earlier than usual, is more evidence that the final splatfest will be unveiled after the World Championships on Saturday.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Really not a fan of this fest since I don't particularly care about either animal, but...in cases like this I have to rely on the specific wording of the original question and let that guide me.
"Which is more majestic?" I'm not a fan of unicorns, and narwhals might actually exist which is a plus, but I have never thought of a narwhal as "majestic." They just...aren't that way.

Begrudgingly, team unicorns it is.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Splatoon 2 tournament going on at E3 if you want to catch all the riveting *yaaaaaawn* Turf War gameplay with what feels like 20 minute gaps between games

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Super happy that the final Fest theme isn't a boring idol wars :D

Also left home when it was 2-0 FTWin and bam, reverse sweep. Will need to watch it later lol.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
72 HOURS!? GOOD NIGHT!

There better be a bigger snail payout. And it should rotate through all the Shifty Stations. Hell, make it only Shifty Stations. With Grizco Weapons!

Edit: Saw the thread dedicated to this about all the Shift Stations being in this. I'm way more interested in 5.0 most likely being the de facto final balance patch. With Sean's Krusty Kits of 21 new weapons.

Last edited:

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Do you think they will use gold vs silver ink again? That would be boring, I want black ink with golden glitter :(
I'm voting for chaos because I'll forever be Team Callie.

I'm still hoping for an update to 3 stages rotation in turf wars. It's cool that they will make the fest stages available in private battles, but I can't never get together with friends to play.