• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had some rough calibration matches and dropped to S+9 in clam blitz. If only it had happened in any other game mode, as much as I love the old mollusk football it's definitely the hardest mode to gain points in

At least we now know that Animal Crossing and Splatoon are in the same universe now. I assume the timeline must go like this

humans
apocalypse
Pikmin (?)
squids
apocalypse
humans and animals living together, mass hysteria

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Sure, if someone else in your team disconnects. But what Thatguy is saying is that if YOU disconnect early enough you won't lose ranking, so you can exploit that to avoid losses and farm wins.
I could be mistaken. I've never tried it. It just feels like way more disconnects than there used to be. Even if it's not true there might be some operating under the assumption that it is true. Or maybe now that the player base is smaller you get matched with poor connections more than in the past.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I could be mistaken. I've never tried it. It just feels like way more disconnects than there used to be. Even if it's not true there might be some operating under the assumption that it is true. Or maybe now that the player base is smaller you get matched with poor connections more than in the past.

The latter is more likely then, as you're the first person I've met who operated under the assumption that losses don't count if you disconnect in the magic 1 minute window.

Also more time has passed for players to move into S+ or higher. If you're still in A+/S-, there's a reason for it, and a unstable connection could factor in just as much as lack of time or skill.

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
The only other possibility I see to disconnect or go AFC on purpose is if you are losing BUT the match is still going to last forever.
I'm sometimes guilty of dragging on a lost cause until the last second just because I don't want to end with a KO, instead of dropping the towel and starting a new match.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Did you guys watch the concert?

Day 1:

Day 2 (better sound quality, apparently):

EGwFhDnUEAA_yro.png

EGt9Q6LUUAAtoHw.png

I really like the new outfit colors. I need that black crown for my squid.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Caught those live both days and was blown away when KK Slider opened for them. Was also cool hearing them add Splattack to the opening medley. Really awesome attention to detail with the alternate color outfits too.

Pearl- Neon Switch colors
Marina- Switch Lite colors
Callie- Famicom colors
Marie- Super Famicom colors

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
I've been away from the game since Daemon X Machina came out, and DHL messing up my Final Fest t-shirt order (which got sent back to Nintendo, who refused to post it again - I was refunded though) really pissed me off, but the live shows always get me all doki doki and eager to play again~ really liked what they went for with the alt colors.

Day 2 (better sound quality, apparently):

Woah. I only watched the day 1 show and felt something was off on the mixing on the opening medley. Day 2 sounds way better, so I'll need to watch that sometime.
Or wait for a proper upload instead of stream archive, ofc.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can assure you D/Cing at any point loses you rank. And it friggin sucks. But I'm also glad that's how it is.

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt anyone knows but is there any way to get frosyfest gear now?
The news article to get it seems to be gone.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question.

Do you keep ZL [swim] pressed and use ZR [shoot] intermittently or the other way around?

I'm curious about your preferred way to play? Do you find it more efficient?

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
Quick question.

Do you keep ZL [swim] pressed and use ZR [shoot] intermittently or the other way around?

I'm curious about your preferred way to play? Do you find it more efficient?
There's a pattern when I'm shooting clams and forget to release ZL and dip down between tosses (happens with ZR and the brush too). I'm not sure if it slows down the tosses.
Also when running from an enemy that's too close and they ink the floor below and I should be walking instead of trying to swim and fail and get stuck... I'm pretty sure it happens because I reflexively hold ZL.

The other way around would be weird, you'd be holding both to swim, but then when emerging without shooting to aim first (for your sub for example) you'd have to release both at the same time.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Like what?

I still haven't quite mastered sub strafing/squid dashing :P

Like those. Or even just because of this:

Also when running from an enemy that's too close and they ink the floor below and I should be walking instead of trying to swim and fail and get stuck... I'm pretty sure it happens because I reflexively hold ZL.

I used to rage so much about one splotch of enemy ink stopping my momentum dead until I figured out why. And then my habit of keeping ZL pressed by default continued to get in the way of the reflex to immediately let go of the swim button.

The other way around would be weird, you'd be holding both to swim, but then when emerging without shooting to aim first (for your sub for example) you'd have to release both at the same time.

Ideally in a fight you'd hold down either ZR or R to better dodge enemy fire with (sub) strafing, then tap/hold ZL as needed. And yes, it's weird and takes getting used to.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I was experimenting last night and I didn't really notice a difference between holding ZR/shoot instead of ZL/swim to squid dash (with the exception of your sub weapon being harder to reach and use).

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I played a lot this weekend and you're right. Oddly, I had never payed attention to this until now :P
I still don't notice any difference in speed when squid dashing, tho.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I played a lot this weekend and you're right. Oddly, I had never payed attention to this until now :P
I still don't notice any difference in speed when squid dashing, tho.

I think it was a matter of the start-up. I remember having to let go of the swim button for some reason to get the momentum going, but I lend my copy of Splatoon to my brother, so I can't do the experiment right now to check for whatever it was I had trouble with or confirm I just made it up in my mind.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I think it was a matter of the start-up. I remember having to let go of the swim button for some reason to get the momentum going, but I lend my copy of Splatoon to my brother, so I can't do the experiment right now to check for whatever it was I had trouble with or confirm I just made it up in my mind.
GET IT BACK!
I think I'm addicted to Splatoon, I can't stop playing it. I'd rather be playing Splatoon than start any new game right now, my backlog is huge. I'm even considering getting a digital copy so I can't use the "changing cartridges is bothersome" excuse and I actually play other physical games.

I see people doing it and they seem sooooo fast, to the point where I feel I'm not doing it correctly. I don't know if it's the net code/lag compensation or something that makes people [appear to?] swim/move at very high speed compared to when I do it.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Go to the next level, buy a dedicated Switch and keep Splatoon running 24/7 so you can skip the intro (almost) every time you want to play!
Hahaha! That's another excuse I use to not play other games: I'm going to have to watch the intro the next time I launch Splatoon D:
LET ME SKIP THE INTRO IN SPLATOON 3, YOU COWARDS!!!

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
I used that excuse for a long while too, lol. My Switch library is tiny thanks to Splatoon 2, but now that the Splatfests are over I'm catching up to stuff I bought and didn't play much.

Also new Splatooween art

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
GET IT BACK!

I think I'm addicted to Splatoon, I can't stop playing it. I'd rather be playing Splatoon than start any new game right now, my backlog is huge. I'm even considering getting a digital copy so I can't use the "changing cartridges is bothersome" excuse and I actually play other physical games.

This is why it was easy for me to give my copy of Splatoon away for a bit. Since it's no longer permanently taking up the cartridge slot, I finished Xenoblade 2 and am almost ready to start on Torma. I can't get it back now!

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I have finally made it to X Rank in Splatoon 2! Not just for one mode, nor two, nor three. Yes, I've gotten X Rank in all four modes!

EIN4p7BXUAETPn5.jpg

The ordering in which I achieve is a logical one:
- Splat Zones was obtained last year before Nintendo Switch Online paid subscription was in effect (26 August 2018)
- Tower Control was obtained back in 22nd January 2019
- Rainmaker was obtained back in 14th September 2019
- Clam Blitz, the last, is obtained today on 31st October 2019

Man, that felt like an achievement, but I don't think it will last if I continue playing, mainly because I couldn't even manage to stay in X Rank after I played a few Splat Zone and Tower Control matches. I didn't think I could even get those rankings, but somehow I managed to pull through, and I am thankful for that.

Thank you for reading.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon is a good choice for a not-spooky Halloween game, since the only skeletons are safely buried deep in the ground and not walking around and spooking people
I have finally made it to X Rank in Splatoon 2! Not just for one mode, nor two, nor three. Yes, I've gotten X Rank in all four modes!

EIN4p7BXUAETPn5.jpg

- Splat Zones was obtained last year before Nintendo Switch Online paid subscription was in effect (26 August 2018)

Man, that felt like an achievement, but I don't think it will last if I continue playing, mainly because I couldn't even manage to stay in X Rank after I played a few Splat Zone and Tower Control matches. I didn't think I could even get those rankings, but somehow I managed to pull through, and I am thankful for that.

Thank you for reading.
Congrats, now make sure you do the pose every time you play. Just like booyahing at the start of the match, if you don't do it you're less likely to play well and win

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany

EIN4p7BXUAETPn5.jpg

Thank you for reading.

Booyah, congratulations!

The order you went with is the same I'd chose and reflects my preference of game modes, too.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
*blows cobwebs off OT*

Hello! We got another balance patch coming! January 5th tho...

Splattershot
+Reduced ink consumption by 8%

Luna Blaster
+Time before you can move normally / turn into a squid after firing reduced by 4 frames
+Reduced ink consumption by 17%

L3 Nozzlenose
-Increased ink consumption by 15%
-Reduced effectiveness of Main Power Up
*To increase damage to 33.3, the amount of gear power has been increased from 1.8 to 2.4 (1 main equals 1 point, 1 sub equals 0.3 points)

Splat Charger (scope)
-Slightly reduced ink spread of droplets from shots

Bamboozler
-Reduced effectiveness of Main Power Up
*To increase damage of full charge shot to 99.9, amount of gear power has been increased from 4.1 to 4.4

Splashdown
+Extended blast range vertically slightly
*Minimum damage range at center of splashdown is unchanged
+Increased damage to Baller by 21%

Baller
-Minimum time Baller can be active has been reduced from 7 seconds to 6 seconds

Special Points
+Tentatek Splattershot (Octoshot) 210-200
+Octobrush (Hero Octobrush) 180-170
+Emperry Splat Dualies 210-200
-L3 Nozzlenose 190-210
-L3 Nozzlenose D 180-200
-Bamboozler 180-200
-Soda Bucket Slosher 200-210
-Tentabrella Camo 200-210

There's also a little disclaimer that more changes are coming, but they're going to be based more on data of direct matchups from the looks of it and focusing on weapons with fewer weaknesses. Get ready for lots of "Reduced effectiveness of Main Power Up" notes! The next update is scheduled for April.

All you have to do, Splatoon, is take the "Main Power Up" folder and

giphy.gif

And you'll be golden!

Last edited:

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
My Jet Squelcher is safe (for now)
Did Splashdown really need a buff? It's still my most disliked special, along with the baller (so, yeah, nerf that one all the way)

Wow @ the L3 nerfs. Now do the brellas! How do you guys deal with those?

Last edited:

DrWong

Oct 29, 2017
Cool for the splattershot!

Splashdown is a weak special on high level, easy to kill, even wirh this buff i think.

Hey Magnet_Man I think we won a Clam Blitz together yesterday :]

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about those bamboo nerfs and I really don't think the splattershots needed anything more than they already have. The splashdown buff is a good change, I feel like I usually only see the sploosh and clapples using it so hopefully it will be used by a more diverse set of weapons going forward

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was going to Jump back into Splatoon 2 as it had been a while since I played. Wanted to fire it up on my Switch Lite. Just discovered this doesn't support cloud saves in 2020 for some asinine reason. Is there no other way to transfer my progress to my Switch Lite without doing a whole system transfer? If not, I'm just going to sell the game and cut my losses.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Was going to Jump back into Splatoon 2 as it had been a while since I played. Wanted to fire it up on my Switch Lite. Just discovered this doesn't support cloud saves in 2020 for some asinine reason. Is there no other way to transfer my progress to my Switch Lite without doing a whole system transfer? If not, I'm just going to sell the game and cut my losses.

I believe the only method of moving progress is with a system transfer. It is definitely an undesired option by most. I think Nintendo chose to not allow cloud saves in order to prevent cheating.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the only method of moving progress is with a system transfer. It is definitely an undesired option by most. I think Nintendo chose to not allow cloud saves in order to prevent cheating.
It is a system transfer, but when I go into Transfer Saves it lets me at least pick the specific saves I want to transfer. Granted you can't keep the save on both because Nintendo is dumb, but I think you can transfer individual saves. I don't have two Switches with me at the moment to test though so I'm not certain.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
It is a system transfer, but when I go into Transfer Saves it lets me at least pick the specific saves I want to transfer. Granted you can't keep the save on both because Nintendo is dumb, but I think you can transfer individual saves. I don't have two Switches with me at the moment to test though so I'm not certain.

I thought that the regular save data transfer did not apply to Splatoon 2? I was under the impression that only a full user transfer would carry over the data for the game.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that the regular save data transfer did not apply to Splatoon 2? I was under the impression that only a full user transfer would carry over the data for the game.
Again I'm not an expert, but when I go into the Transfer Saves options it lets me pick my Splatoon 2 save to send to another console. I don't have another switch around right now to try that it works though...

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
Again I'm not an expert, but when I go into the Transfer Saves options it lets me pick my Splatoon 2 save to send to another console. I don't have another switch around right now to try that it works though...
Looks like it's a relatively new option ("version 8.0.0 or higher"):
https://en-americas-support.nintend...-save-data-to-a-nearby-nintendo-switch-system
  • This does not create a copy of your save data. Once the transfer is complete, the save data file on the source system is deleted.
  • Save data can only be transferred between users that are linked to the same Nintendo Account.
  • This feature allows you to move a save data file per game, per account from one Nintendo Switch system to another that is nearby.
  • A Nintendo Switch Online membership is not required to use this feature.
It seems separate from cloud saves which is the thing that doesn't work for Splatoon 2.

So If you don't mind transferring the save manually between the two every time you switch... create an account with the same Nintendo ID on the Lite (which you probably already have done to share the digital games).

Last edited:
1 gift from FaceHugger

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from FaceHugger FaceHugger!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

FaceHugger said:
Nintendo sent me a code for some Splatoon 2 cosmetics but I don't play this game - so enjoy:

Online Jersey and Online Squidkid V Shoes for your character to wear in the Splatoon 2

To redeem your code:
  1. Select "Nintendo eShop" on the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch console.
  2. Select the account you want to use.
  3. Select "Enter Code" on the left side of the screen.
  4. Enter the download code and select "OK" to confirm. Your additional content will begin downloading once the code is confirmed.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (USA) Nintendo Switch (USA): Online Jersey and Online Squidkid V Shoes - Won by Poltergust Poltergust (1 entry)

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I believe it works for all the American countries, not just the US.

According to my Switch log, I've played Splatoon 2 for more than 2000 hours.
I've barely done ranked battles, so that will add a few hundreds hours more, and I don't plan to stop playing turf wars any time soon (I've reduced a bit my Salmon shifts, tho)

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Oh man.

I blame this thread for getting me back into Splatoon 2. I really thought I was out for a while.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I believe it works for all the American countries, not just the US.

According to my Switch log, I've played Splatoon 2 for more than 2000 hours.
I've barely done ranked battles, so that will add a few hundreds hours more, and I don't plan to stop playing turf wars any time soon (I've reduced a bit my Salmon shifts, tho)

So the entire America's? Cool. I can't edit the giveaway though, but I guess anyone in America should go for it then. If it doesn't work they can turn around and give it away again!