• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

daase ko

Oct 26, 2017
A friend theory is that bad players will be playing Mario this weekend and he'll have an easier time ranking up.
Let's see how it fares lol

Saro

Oct 25, 2017
It's good that most of the people I know are here. With that said, I should lurk less and post more.

Crisium

Oct 25, 2017
flHOQSO.gif

Only 2016 squids will understand.

kidko

Oct 26, 2017
hi reset squids!

Sighhhh, still wishing the aiming worked like the bow in Zelda as far as allowing analog stick + gyro. I am super resistant to going full gyro as it just messes with my muscle memory so much. Should I suck it up and practice with gyro?

I'm trying to train with stuff beyond aerospray to move out of quick matches and into ranked. So far i'm doing pretty alright with the Tentatek and dualies

synkling

Oct 25, 2017
Florida Man's Land
hi reset squids!

Sighhhh, still wishing the aiming worked like the bow in Zelda as far as allowing analog stick + gyro. I am super resistant to going full gyro as it just messes with my muscle memory so much. Should I suck it up and practice with gyro?

I'm trying to train with stuff beyond aerospray to move out of quick matches and into ranked. So far i'm doing pretty alright with the Tentatek and dualies

yes do yourself the favor and practice with gyro in the long run.
some weapons really appreciate that little extra bit of precision.

Seph

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
hi reset squids!

Splatoon's gyroscope setup still makes use of the right-stick for lateral aiming, and getting accustomed to aiming on the Y-axis entirely though controller motions isn't too hard. It may initially feel weird to re-learn the conventions of aiming with a controller, but stick with it: you'll soon find yourself being able to fight back in frantic situations that you would otherwise not stand a chance in.

kidko

Oct 26, 2017
yes do yourself the favor and practice with gyro in the long run.
some weapons really appreciate that little extra bit of precision.

Splatoon's gyroscope setup still makes use of the right-stick for lateral aiming, and getting accustomed to aiming on the Y-axis entirely though controller motions isn't too hard. It may initially feel weird to re-learn the conventions of aiming with a controller, but stick with it: you'll soon find yourself being able to fight back in frantic situations that you would otherwise not stand a chance in.

Cool, ok, thanks for the definitive answers on this. Should up my game

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I'm trying to get up to Raw with E-Liter Scope right now (hey, can't be harder than with Goo Tuber), and there has been a sad amount of games where i've either been the top scorer for points inked on my team, or the top scorer period.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So what do you guys think the next Splatfest will be?
Cranberry Sauce vs. Stuffing
Cash vs. Credit
Melons vs. Gourds
Pikachu vs. Jibanyan
Fluorescent bulbs vs. Incandescent bulbs
Ranch vs. Hot Sauce
Legos vs. Megabloks
Star Wars vs. Star Trek

My uncle works at Nintendo

RedFyn

Oct 25, 2017
S_Stage_Blackbelly_Skatepark.png

mfxzbhxkwyzn7vyijjag.jpg

Oh, Blackbelly Skatepark. You wonderful salt park. The map that spawned the calls for turrets at the spawn to prevent enterprising squids from hanging about. You were secretly everyone's favorite rm map and we will miss you.

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would take this time spent on old maps and instead use it on making Inkblot better.

tonyh24613

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I miss this thread until now.

Will they announce hydra today to complete all veteran weapons though.

thebullfrog

Oct 25, 2017
Hello SquidEra! I'm just dropping by to vent about how many matches of Rainmaker I've lost today because somebody grabs the thing and doesn't know what to do with it. I will be forever stuck in C tier because of these people. At least after a while, people figure out how to get on the tower.

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
Hello SquidEra! I'm just dropping by to vent about how many matches of Rainmaker I've lost today because somebody grabs the thing and doesn't know what to do with it. I will be forever stuck in C tier because of these people. At least after a while, people figure out how to get on the tower.
Protect them.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I understand your pain. The key to solving this problem is to take the rainmaker and slam dunk it yourself :P

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Hey Squid Era!

I just picked up my copy of Splatoon 2 yesterday and thought I'd peek into this new thread..
Played a little SP but mostly just went right into multiplayer and been having a blast (although many players are baller at the game)

Any advice for a newbie on weapons to buy and gear at a low level?

Crisium

Oct 25, 2017
Splattershot (not the Splattershot Jr).

You can pick any gear that fits your style but swim speed is universally useful so I always recommend it. And ink saver main has good scaling, if you want to paint a lot (Splattershot doesn't really need it tho).

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Can they please bring back mahi mahi? By far the best splatoon 1 map in terms of all three ranked modes.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Heyo glad to be back in the Splatoon OT you might remember me i am 13ruce but i wanted to start fresh on here so i changed my online username to Squiddo wich i like better too.

Altho while i am busy with Odyssey after it's Splatoon 2 time again;)

If you still have me on your friend list on Switch cool:D also changed my username to Squiddo there with a music note behind it.

PS if you don't remember me i am the guy who wanted (still getting em) a Marina and Squid Sisters tattoo:P

CoconutTank

Oct 25, 2017
X, Y, Z
Nice to see many familiar faces again :) I haven't even had much chance to play lately, let alone post, but hopefully that'll change over time.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heyo glad to be back in the Splatoon OT you might remember me i am 13ruce but i wanted to start fresh on here so i changed my online username to Squiddo wich i like better too.

Altho while i am busy with Odyssey after it's Splatoon 2 time again;)

If you still have me on your friend list on Switch cool:D also changed my username to Squiddo there with a music note behind it.

PS if you don't remember me i am the guy who wanted (still getting em) a Marina and Squid Sisters tattoo:P

the lack of a Pearl tattoo in the works is nothing short of blasphemy!

:) nice to see you over here

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the lack of a Pearl tattoo in the works is nothing short of blasphemy!

:) nice to see you over here

Heh i would get more videogame characters/tattoo's if i could but i kept a limit of 6-7 max to keep it neat and not overcrowded. Already got a couple from Zelda (Wolf link and Midna. Her human form + imp form together planned for later)

So that is why i did not plan more like for example Samus, Pearl, something from Mario or Kingdom Hearts or Nier Automata and even kat from Gravity Rush etc.

Thanks btw! Really missed the Splatoon OT.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome new and returning folks! Hopefully more will trickle in since registration is now open here.

Also that should've been the Hydra Splatling instead of the Gold Dynamo! But at least we're getting Blackbelly tonight.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Just noticed that the Pink & Green joycons are readily available from Amazon Japan for $67 with only a $9 shipping fee. That's $76, less than joycons in the states at MSRP, not even factoring in the cost of tax. Goddamn, so tempting.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, how exactly do you use Dynamo in this game? All my Splatoon 1 tactics fail me. Do I need to perfect my Vertical flick?

RedFyn

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Squid Era!

I just picked up my copy of Splatoon 2 yesterday and thought I'd peek into this new thread..
Played a little SP but mostly just went right into multiplayer and been having a blast (although many players are baller at the game)

Any advice for a newbie on weapons to buy and gear at a low level?
Welcome! I'd recommend trying out the different weapons to get a feel for how they work. At Sheldon's shop you can test them without buying them to see how they work. Don't worry about buying everything at once, just experiment and find what you enjoy.

For gear, I'd try and get one of each ability on each type of clothing. You don't need to worry about sub abilities (the little icons underneath the big one) so just having one of each main ability will allow you to experiment with your limited funds. As you get more and more money just keep buying more and more things.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
So, how exactly do you use Dynamo in this game? All my Splatoon 1 tactics fail me. Do I need to perfect my Vertical flick?
You don't die so you can get Stingray ASAP and then you use said Stingray to kill things (bringing up map after you've hit things to track them helps). You need to sneak up on people and hope they don't notice for like 3 seconds to actually get kills with the Dynamo against smarter players so you have to rely on the Stingray with the vanilla set.

And vertical flick is important, yeah. It's the only way to have your killing range from 1 so it's very important to have good aim with it. Remember to take into account how the ink travels kinda slowly. Same with the horizontal flick, actually; if you keep into account that the ink takes time to travel and the arc it takes through the air you'll get a lot more splats.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
.....yay...a roller...

Can we start doing multiple weapons a week? So I don't have to wait a month before something remotely interesting comes out?

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like how they paired Blackbelly Skatepark with Inkblot Academy for the first Turf rotation. It's like they're just begging for map comparisons.

Have to say, bringing back Blackbelly put a big smile on my face. Don't know if it's just nostalgia or if I feel it's that much better than Inkblot, but it is such a fun map to play. Splattershot Pro feels really strong in this version of the map. The new Point Sensors block off the enemy approaches extremely well (it's particularly obnoxious when you take over their half-pipe), and the Rain Cloud can make a big mess of their skatepark. Top-mid doesn't feel as dominant in this version, though, at least not for the Pro. There's something about the angles or the distances that make picking people off more difficult now. Not sure what it is.

Wanna play some Slosher or Sloshing Machine later to see if it is still good at annoying all the sniper perches.

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yesss just heard skatepark is back! I stopped playing Splatoon 1 around May to build hype for 2 and haven't touched it since, and I love that stage and have been missing it greatly.

Now I think Saltspray Rig is the last stage from the first game that I *INSIST* returns lol

I'm gonna have to break away from Mario for an hour tonight to get in there

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
Yesss just heard skatepark is back! I stopped playing Splatoon 1 around May to build hype for 2 and haven't touched it since, and I love that stage and have been missing it greatly.

Now I think Saltspray Rig is the last stage from the first game that I *INSIST* returns lol

I'm gonna have to break away from Mario for an hour tonight to get in there
Of all the maps to want back you pick RIG?!

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was always an Arowana Mall and Mahi-Mahi Resort guy, personally

but I didn't get the first game until November 2015 and never played Ranked then, so