• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
The thing with that slosher is that the shot has a high arc, narrow path, and only really bursts once it falls near the ground. It's not terribly quick to fire either so while it's strong, you'll have to stay extremely particular with its spacing. It too seems like the first real "back-line" slosher we've had, as there's not much room for error in close quarters.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Octo Expansion drops TOMORROW YALL

updates continues through the end of this year

Huh. Neat - was expecting it in late July.

I've still barely scratched the surface on this game's content, especially the singleplayer stuff, so I figure I'll get going on that and if I like it I'll buy the expansion.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I'm really disappointed they're not actually expanding the hub to go down to the subway, at least partially. It's so small and not fun to explore at all.

It was so fun to play around in Inkopolis Plaza due to great level design. It reminded me of the starter area in Jet Set Radio Future.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Mini mini balance patch coming too, but a more extensive weapon patch coming July according to Jpn twitter. Please god be good.

Can't get Switch to connect to my hotel internet...I want to Octo!

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Any data mining for things it might change?
Data mining won't be able to tell us about future weapon balance as balance changes occur as soon as they're downloaded. Best that could be data mined from the 3.1 patch would be maybe those two new weapons shown off and what their kits are.

All we can do while we wait for this July patch is pose like Nogami's "2" and pray that our weapons are blessed and our enemies cursed.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Wow, there's so many new weapons since last I played, and it wasn't that long since I last played.

I was big on the Tri-Slosher last I played. Is that still good? What's the new good weapons?

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Twitter is teasing another Grizco weapon for the upcoming all random rotation. Looks like a slosher?

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
So I got a Switch and Splatoon 2 (and Super Mario Odyssey) came with it and I must say, this is probably the best MP shooter I've played in years. My only problem is that waiting for server to fill sometimes takes longer than matches.

Any pro tips and recommendations for a beginner?

Will

Oct 26, 2017
So I got a Switch and Splatoon 2 (and Super Mario Odyssey) came with it and I must say, this is probably the best MP shooter I've played in years. My only problem is that waiting for server to fill sometimes takes longer than matches.

Any pro tips and recommendations for a beginner?
Yeah, match making takes a while sometimes and it probably doesn't help that new single player DLC just came out.

If you're just starting, be aware that you can cover the ground just by shooting straight forward. I see a lot of beginners running around while looking at the ground. The basic Splattershot or N-Zap is probably a good weapon to learn the basics with.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot that Dynamo Roller being in a Salmon Run rotation should be considered the same as Salmon Run being closed.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I almost read it as Plup, so I guess I'm on Team Plup. As far as the actual question, orange juice is bad no matter how you make it, so you lose no matter who you choose

Feb 22, 2018
I just finished The Octo Expansion Dlc (the story part of it, still need to finish all the stations). Had alot of fun with it and it had plenty of challenge to it. The final part of it was amazing. Loved it.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

339.png

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone get a chance to try out the new Grizzco Sloshing Machine? I kind of hate it, you have to lead your shots to an unreasonable degree. It is fun how absurdly powerful it is when it hits, though.

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
All I know is it's not a good weapon for 3 people to have during a griller wave

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
Tip for everyone. I got this game for about 30 euros from Ireland using my South African account. An absolute steal. I've never played a Splatoon game before and used gyro. I wanted to try these gyro controls.

First brief impressions: this game is a lot better looking than I expected. It looks fantastic on my projector. Switch games are hit and miss on it, breath of the Wild looks a bit muddy for instance.

One question though:, Gyro controls are a bit odd to me..I only played the game briefly now but I'm thinking I need to put the sensitivity way up for motion?, I'm at work at the moment so i can't try this. What's everyone's ideal motion control level set to?

Oct 30, 2017
Just bought Splatoon 2 due to the sale. I notice there are motion controls I assume it's the superior method of controlling the game. However I prefer a combination of using the right analogue and motion controls for assisting with aiming. Is this combination not possible I only see option to have motion controls in or off.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just bought Splatoon 2 due to the sale. I notice there are motion controls I assume it's the superior method of controlling the game. However I prefer a combination of using the right analogue and motion controls for assisting with aiming. Is this combination not possible I only see option to have motion controls in or off.
If you have motion controls on then you can use both motion and the stick together, turning it off makes it use the stick only

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
All mystery weapons Grizzco shifts are the best. So much fun.

I hope they add more Octo hairstyles soon. I usually go with a male Inkling but opted for a female Octoling because their male styles just aren't my thing.