• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Probably old news but I found a neat quick kill trick with the Kensa Jr.

Get special and then activate. Throw a Torpedo into the air so that it detects an enemy and then hit the inflated torpedo with a bubble to instantly pop it and most likely kill the person the Torpedo detected. The reason this works is because when the torpedo inflates it drops all those smaller buckshot when it explodes so it overlaps with the bubble making it pop instantly. I was way too used to the Forge and Foil Squeezer with throwing a bomb and then activating special to pop my bubbles quickly but couldn't do this with bowling a torpedo because the base 60 damage was too low.

This gives the Kensa Jr not only the ability to win more 1v1s but also makes it far more effective at flanking kills as the Splattershot Jr has a hard time getting kills due to the low damage and massive shot variance. Now when you sneak up on someone, special, throw a bomb and then bubble the bomb to instantly kill and get lots of ink to move in. Stacking Special Power Up makes this incredibly effective at stealing or contesting a splat zone before the enemy team even realizes what's happening, which is great for me as my team keeps trying the novel strategy of dying to everything constantly.

Obviously Object Shredder is required for reliability. You can still do this trick without it, but you need to get more of the torpedo buckshot to connect to work and that doesn't always happen. Shredder makes this like 95% successful.

But forget that! It's more Polaris Salmon Run!

Last edited:

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017

Is the guy at the end splat dashing / squid hopping or is he sub strafing? If so, how do you do it?

I have seen a few people doing that a lot lately (and really fast). I still can't do sub strafes properly :P

Last edited:

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Is the guy at the end splat dashing / squid hopping or is he sub strafing? If so, how do you do it?

I have seen a few people doing that a lot lately (and really fast). I still can't do sub strafes properly :P

Squid Dashing. You can tell because they're standing up and shooting at their feet.

It's pretty simple to do especially after the reduced recovery buffs shooters got last patch. Just hold the fire button and keep holding it. Then go squid to swim around and then let go of squid. You'll start firing again at the very first frame. Go squid to cancel it again and repeat. Reduce the time you shoot and speed up how fast you alternate stances while shooting downward and you can move pretty fast even in unpainted or enemy turf. Basically you'll be holding ZR and tapping ZL. You remember a buff a few patches back for Sploosh o matic and Aerospray that increased the amount of ink spread when shooting downward? That buff was meant to make them better at doing this trick to give them more mobility to make up for their poor range.

I'm not super good at it but you can see that for a bit when moving across non-painted turf I get a pretty good boost of speed for some of it. You can also do this going backwards.

Sub strafing is meant for fast movement in your ink while splat dashing is more for enemy encounters or escaping across unfavorable turf while also changing the size of your hitbox.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
If you're looking for the salsa vs guac results, you should still have time to collect, provided you voted for one of the sides beforehand. We won't be getting another fest announcement for a couple of weeks.

If you didn't take part at all, I don't know if it still shows results.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Stop popping my bubbles....goddamn man...Use them as shields for fuck's sake.

Edit: Holy shit, I just fought Nikey and won somehow! My hands are shaking a bit. I got lucky cuz he was outmaneuvering me every step. Best I could do was run to not die XD

Last edited:

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't believe salsa won. I ended up with a 40:10 ratio in my favor [team guac], I had 5 10x battles and won 4 of them.

Squid Dashing. You can tell because they're standing up and shooting at their feet.

It's pretty simple to do especially after the reduced recovery buffs shooters got last patch. Just hold the fire button and keep holding it. Then go squid to swim around and then let go of squid. You'll start firing again at the very first frame. Go squid to cancel it again and repeat. Reduce the time you shoot and speed up how fast you alternate stances while shooting downward and you can move pretty fast even in unpainted or enemy turf. Basically you'll be holding ZR and tapping ZL. You remember a buff a few patches back for Sploosh o matic and Aerospray that increased the amount of ink spread when shooting downward? That buff was meant to make them better at doing this trick to give them more mobility to make up for their poor range.

I'm not super good at it but you can see that for a bit when moving across non-painted turf I get a pretty good boost of speed for some of it. You can also do this going backwards.

Sub strafing is meant for fast movement in your ink while splat dashing is more for enemy encounters or escaping across unfavorable turf while also changing the size of your hitbox.

Thank you for this, as usual! :)
Time to practice!

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I gave the Kensa L-3 Nozzlenose a shot and finished a match with 0 splats. Did a Kensa Sloshing Machine after and had 10. I am an aiming FRAUD.

I've been using +2/+1 as my sensitivity for a while but I was seeing that high end players seem to be advocates of +5/+5. I'm gonna try giving that a shot because I do notice that I'd like more horizontal sensitivity, but a lifetime of PC shooters has me conditioned to wanting to go as low as possible.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Yeah, on PC we learn to go low sens and make big arm movements - which is indeed better than wrist aiming, health- and precision-wise.

But no such thing for gyro. There was a time I was playing on the negatives, but am at +3 analog/+2 gyro now, upping those every month or so.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
A couple of weeks ago my Salmon Run ranking was +400, I have barely played this mode and now it's in the 200 range. How come I never noticed it resets? :P
What are the rules for this?
Last night I had a bad run and it took forever to get rewards :(

One thing I'm REALLY hating are the current rotation schedules. I only have time to play one or two hours at night [turf war], between 9pm and 11pm and the maps are always the same. I'm so sick and tired of Skipper Pavilion. It's always on rotation now. It has been so long since I played on Wahoo World, Arowana Mall or Goby Arena :(

Magnet_Man, what gear/skills do you use for the Kensa Splattershot Jr?

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
A couple of weeks ago my Salmon Run ranking was +400, I have barely played this mode and now it's in the 200 range. How come I never noticed it resets? :P
What are the rules for this?
Last night I had a bad run and it took forever to get rewards :(

Your rank resets to the hundreds you were when the salmon rotation ended. So if you ended at Profresh 200-290, you'll start at Profresh 200 on the next rotation.

It's something like this (final rank on rotation: starting rank next rotation)
0-99: Profresh 40
100-199: Profresh 100
200-299: Profresh 200
300-399: Profresh 300
400-999: Profresh 400

(I left the 9s at the end since you could go to 999 and then drop all the way back)

Also you can reset your rank with R, which brings you to Profresh 40 I believe (never tried it).

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Magnet_Man, what gear/skills do you use for the Kensa Splattershot Jr?

Object Shredder
Special Power Up (1 main, 3 sub)
Special Charge Up (1 main, 1 sub)
Quick Respawn (3 sub)
Quick Super Jump (1 sub)
Ink Resistance (1 sub)

Object Shredder is mandatory for any Bubble Blower kit, no discussion.
The Jr has terrible range, accuracy, and kill power so your kills and pressure are primarily going to come from Torpedo and Bubbles, and because Bubbles are such a powerful special I run Special Power Up so my instant bubble pop trick is even more effective at kills and painting. The 110% ink tank and the limit to one torpedo out at a time invalidates the need for any type of Ink Saver.
And since Bubbles are so important to the Kensa Jr I run Special charge to get them faster.
Respawn is always helpful for a low damage short range weapon like the Jr but I don't go crazy with it because I should prioritize not dying and painting to keep getting bubbles instead of rushing enemies but could be swapped out for some other "stay alive" perks like Swim Speed or Special Saver.
Super Jump and Ink Resistance are coincidentally there as a result of the gear that best suit my wants for this and will replace the Super Jump with something like Bomb Defense. 1 Sub of Super Jump is all you really need for a noticeable difference and panic jump escapes should be done behind cover anyway so stacking quick jump is wasteful (and most allies are never in a safe position to jump to without using Stealth Jump or Drop Roller to cover your arrival). Ink Resistance is helpful since the Jr paints a lot, but if you're trying to be mobile you can't completely paint around you but it paints enough that little speckles will be left and the 1 sub negates them.

So I'd say after Object Shredder, prioritize abilities around bubbles making them bigger or faster. Comeback and Tenacity are pretty good and Ninja Squid with Swim Speed will help Jr escape or flank. The Jr has gallons of ink after the 110% tank buff so any type of Ink Saver or Recovery is pointless, which should free up your choices of gear abilities to choose.

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Some new key art for the pro baseball/Splatoon tournament. I guess this means we're officially an esport now. I wonder if the 6v6 format of the art means the teams will all have 6 players, it will be interesting to see if all the teams have backups, as it should allow for some interesting strategies. I know I'll be cheering for the Carp in May

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some interesting stuff coming to the game in 4.3 on December 5th. Bomb damage and cold blooded are being combined into one chunk and a new Main Weapon Power up is being introduced, which seems to increase the specialization of weapons. I didn't quite catch it though. Also there will be 8 weapons coming in 4.3, the secondary kits for the new sloshers and splatlings, and a set of 4 kensa weapons, which they didn't show. The new explosher had point sensor and baller and the new bloblobber had sprinkler and suction launcher, I don't remember what the splatlings had.

And they're doing some kind of online tournament in Japan in parallel with the Koshien finals, which might be neat I suppose.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some interesting stuff coming to the game in 4.3 on December 5th. Bomb damage and cold blooded are being combined into one chunk and a new Main Weapon Power up is being introduced, which seems to increase the specialization of weapons. I didn't quite catch it though. Also there will be 8 weapons coming in 4.3, the secondary kits for the new sloshers and splatlings, and a set of 4 kensa weapons, which they didn't show. The new explosher had point sensor and baller and the new bloblobber had sprinkler and suction launcher, I don't remember what the splatlings had.

And they're doing some kind of online tournament in Japan in parallel with the Koshien finals, which might be neat I suppose.
You are a stronger person than I to be able to watch turf war tournaments...

Clip in question (Fixed link)

Bomb Defense and Cold-Blooded are just being combined to do both....So basically we all just got 300+ chunks of Bomb Defense Up and Cold-Blooded was removed. I'm glad they removed it since it was so worthless, but I hope they remember this for Splatoon 3. They essentially took out the entire concept of being able to track opponents with subs / specials / gear yet made the ability to counter those even more common. Like...what the fuck were they thinking? Did they assume Thermal Ink was going to dominate the scene? It might've seen *some* use if it wasn't so freaking limited. I love the artwork for the ability as it's just Bomb Defense pasted on top of Cold Blooded.

Main Power Up, or whatever it's going to be called is going to be interesting but I'm worried they're going to do a wave of nerfs in 4.3 to artificially necessitate the need for this new perk, which I think would suck as the game is in an amazing place right now, imo. They didn't go over every weapon but some examples were:
Splattershot: Reduce / eliminate shot variance when jumping
Aerospray: Improved painting
Splat Roller: Increased damage
Heavy Splatling: Increased number of shots fired
Undercover Brella: Reduced time to regenerate the shield
Inkbrush: Increase movement speed when painting (I think they mean when running with the brush down so Clam Blitz will become even worse if such a thing was possible)

I believe they said that Main Power Up will be a common ability as well (maybe it will overwrite that second brand that also had Cold-Blooded as a common?)

First four weapons
-Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau / Beakon / Inkstorm (So glad it doesn't have Splashdown anymore)
-Nautilus79 (THAT COLOR SCHEME!!) / Suction Bomb / Ink Jet
-Explosher Custom / Point Sensor / Baller
-Bloblobber Deco / Sprinkler / Suction Bomb Launcher

The four new Kensa kits are probably going to be all the types of pairs of the new subs and specials. So Fizzy / Torpedo with Ultra Stamp and Fizzy / Torpedo with Booyah Bomb?

So I was really looking forward to this patch as the recent patches have been knocking it out of the park, but now with this new Main Power Up I'm worried it's going to do too much that we can't predict to throw the balance into shit and I'm really scared they're going to go nerf crazy to entice people to use this new perk to get back to what they were used to. It's the Aerospray perk that's making me scared as most patches related to it have been to improve its paint. How do you improve the painting even more at this point? All I can think of is "by making it bad at painting again". Or the Undercover Brella. It regenerates the shield instantly on getting a kill or an assist so...in what scenario are you in an encounter, you lose the shield, don't get a kill, and survive long enough for the shield to regrow? But if they take out the ability to regenerate the shield from assists or something, you'll have a much more pressing need for that shield to regenerate, won't you? Like I wouldn't be surprised if dualies get even faster recovery on their dodge rolls with this ability, making me hate this game again

But Smash will be out so it'll be real easy to drop this game if things go sour. =)

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Clip in question

Bomb Defense and Cold-Blooded are just being combined to do both....So basically we all just got 300+ chunks of Bomb Defense Up and Cold-Blooded was removed. I'm glad they removed it since it was so worthless, but I hope they remember this for Splatoon 3. They essentially took out the entire concept of being able to track opponents with subs / specials / gear yet made the ability to counter those even more common. Like...what the fuck were they thinking? Did they assume Thermal Ink was going to dominate the scene? It might've seen *some* use if it wasn't so freaking limited. I love the artwork for the ability as it's just Bomb Defense pasted on top of Cold Blooded.

Main Power Up, or whatever it's going to be called is going to be interesting but I'm worried they're going to do a wave of nerfs in 4.3 to artificially necessitate the need for this new perk, which I think would suck as the game is in an amazing place right now, imo. They didn't go over every weapon but some examples were:
Inkbrush: Increase movement speed when painting (I think they mean when running with the brush down so Clam Blitz will become even worse if such a thing was possible)

I believe they said that Main Power Up will be a common ability as well (maybe it will overwrite that second brand that also had Cold-Blooded as a common?)

First four weapons
-Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau / Beakon / Inkstorm (So glad it doesn't have Splashdown anymore)

The four new Kensa kits are probably going to be all the types of pairs of the new subs and specials. So Fizzy / Torpedo with Ultra Stamp and Fizzy / Torpedo with Booyah Bomb?

So I was really looking forward to this patch as the recent patches have been knocking it out of the park, but now with this new Main Power Up I'm worried it's going to do too much that we can't predict to throw the balance into shit and I'm really scared they're going to go nerf crazy to entice people to use this new perk to get back to what they were used to. It's the Aerospray perk that's making me scared as most patches related to it have been to improve its paint. How do you improve the painting even more at this point? All I can think of is "by making it bad at painting again". Or the Undercover Brella. It regenerates the shield instantly on getting a kill or an assist so...in what scenario are you in an encounter, you lose the shield, don't get a kill, and survive long enough for the shield to regrow? But if they take out the ability to regenerate the shield from assists or something, you'll have a much more pressing need for that shield to regenerate, won't you? Like I wouldn't be surprised if dualies get even faster recovery on their dodge rolls with this ability, making me hate this game again

But Smash will be out so it'll be real easy to drop this game if things go sour. =)

Even a turf war tournament is somewhat ok as background noise during an overnight shift.

Cold Blooded Bombs seems like a good buff to both subs, but I agree that with the way the meta is structured it still won't see much use. Main power up reminds me of what happened to a lot of games like TF2 where there came to be so much variation in the way that a player could look/behave that it became impossible to predict how they would behave and consistently deal with them. There's quite a bit of variation already with the existing system and this could throw it way out of whack. If every weapon is getting a new one I guess we'll just have to wait and see, hopefully most of the effects aren't as strong as they sound.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Blocblobber Deco!
273253462832185347.png

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
All these updates are great and all but there are more important matters to address.

Like more octoling hairstyles.

And letting boys wear skirts.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
This update should have come sooner two days before smash is a bit late for me since that's gonna get all my attention for the next several months years lol

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
So I've put this off long enough...

I've been playing since launch and I have 307 snails. I main Aerospray and a couple of the Splattershots. What should I get in regards to skills?

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
None of the four new kits they unveiled entice me in the slightest. That's fine I guess, I have enough weapons I already should be putting time into and aside from the Bloblobber all the rest of them have felt too finicky for me to get into much anyway.

It's the other changes that have me more concerned. Combining Bomb Defense and Cold-Blooded into a more general "sub defense" makes a ton of sense to me, since Cold-Blooded always seemed so worthless anyway. This way it can still be useful regardless of the opponents' weapon setups (CB was pointless if the enemy team wasn't using point sensors, really) and I like that. The "Main Power Up" though.....I don't like the direction they're going with that, certainly not this late into the game's life.
One of the nice things about Splatoon's weaponry and kits, particularly in S2 with the death of Damage Up, was that you could know inherently how each weapon operated. What its range was like, how well it can sustain fire, how many hits each one would take to kill and thus what sort of ideal TTK it might have. With some of the potential in Main Power, some of that knowledge is going to go right out the window, at least with certain weapons. It seems like they're trying to avoid weapon changes that straight-up add range or directly influence TTK, but...it's hard to say when they only give a small handful of examples. Like Magnet Man said, UCB's buff being faster shield regen seems to not really address what the weapon's weakness really is. My concern is that Main Power is going to wind up being useless on some weapons, but potentially ridiculous for others, and given the way the dev team sometimes communicates with stuff like this, I'm not convinced they're ever really going to explain what the new ability actually does for each weapon. There's going to be a lot of needless lab-work to be done.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Point Sensors on Explosher is disappointing. Would've preferred almost any other sub. Explosher isn't really a weapon that has trouble finding people. Baller is a good idea for it if you need to push or run away. I'm guessing they were nervous about giving a backliner another Stingray, or a subweapon with any sort of chip damage. Makes sense. Explosher with Tornado, Fizzy Bomb, or Burst Bomb could be very annoying. Was kinda expecting Autobomb or Curling.

Good decision to merge Bomb Defense and Cold Blooded. Am interested in how Main Power Up will go...

May 1, 2018
MC Princess' crown redeemed
Bomb Defense Up is most useful as a single sub, and the extra Cold-Blooded effect is practically just a small extra bonus for that single sub. :s

Though maybe you could go for one of the higher-investment Bomb Defense margins (I don't know what those are) and wear the crown now. That is better than Cold-Blooded lol. Still, Point Sensors are considered "not good" in this meta already, people don't really run them (doesn't help that Custom DSquelchers have a ridiculous fighting kit in general compared to vanilla DSquelchers).

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
English trailer for 4.3.

Confirms what has already been stated but confirmation that this is the last of the weapon additions, so I'm 100% positive that all the Kensa kits will have both new subs and new specials. I'm also positive one will be a Heavy Splatling. If it gets Torpedo I'd faint. What weapons are you all expecting to get the Kensa treatment?

Balance changes and Splatfests will continue until July 2019.

May 1, 2018
Inkjet on the Nautilus is... not the best, but I'll definitely take it over Stamp or especially Splashdown. It makes it compete with the vanilla Ballpoint and is worse at reacting to someone sitting on the launchpoint than a quick-fire weapon, but the latter is much less significant than it is with the Baller, since you want to land the Inkjet safely, not aggressively. Suction Bomb is always a fine sub.

Explosher looks pretty bad. The other two are looking good.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Game is still unbalanced, they should nerf the splattershots and the dualies and buff the chargers and brushes. Maybe ranked would
be more fun and not mostly Emperry's and Jr's dominating everything.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I've put this off long enough...

I've been playing since launch and I have 307 snails. I main Aerospray and a couple of the Splattershots. What should I get in regards to skills?

First off, and I'm sure you were expecting this suggestion, drop the Aerospray. Drop it like there's a giant spider on it starting to crawl on your hand. It's a bad gun with bad kits. If you want a mobile, high paint weapon the N-Zap and Default / Kensa Jr kits are much better. They deal more damage, have more consistent performance, and are more versatile in how they approach situations and aid allies while still spreading a lot of ink.

But for an Aerospray I'd suggest making a "Super Zombie" build. This is Comeback, Stealth Jump, and a lot of Quick Respawn. You're going to die a lot with the Aerospray so this build helps negate that and gets you back into the action faster with better stats. After those abilities, you need to think of ways to stay alive and evasion so either go with Run Speed so your strafing is better which results in wider paint spread or Ninja Squid with Swim Speed so you are harder to catch in encounters and with the online latency.

Splattershots are so middle of the road and solid you can put pretty much anything on them and do well. Comeback is always useful no matter the weapon and Run Speed will again help you with paint spread and avoiding shots. Ink Saver Sub is good for more bombs, especially the Tentatek and Kensa kits. Drop Roller is useful for Inkjet kits as you'll get a brief stat boost and better survival rate after using Jet. Special Power Up is great for Ink Jet as it makes the explosions bigger so you don't need to be perfectly accurate but don't bother with it for the default and Kensa kits as Splashdown and Missiles don't benefit very much from it. If using Splashdown, Special Saver will put you at 99% special refill if you get killed mid-special so you can easily get special at spawn and then do a Super Jump Splashdown (I have no idea why I don't see this more often online after that buff).

So really it's whatever fits your playstyle more. If you like to spread a lot of ink and use a bomb to cover your escape, Ink Saver Sub. If you play aggressive, Comeback with Run / Swim Speed. If using Tentatek / Octoshot, buff Ink Jet. And Super Zombie is also effective with this weapon.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
As a fairly casual player, is the new Main Power Up going to be a requirement going forward? It seems like something you will always want on your gear, or am I overthinking things?

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
As a fairly casual player, is the new Main Power Up going to be a requirement going forward? It seems like something you will always want on your gear, or am I overthinking things?
Really, no one has any idea yet just how much Main Power as an ability is going to change things. At most, since it affects weapons differently, it may be effective on some weapons while practically useless on others. I'd just suggest once the patch hits, to look on your preferred weapons to see what it will do, and consider whether it would benefit your particular style. Nobody can really give any concrete advice right now because it's all so unknown.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
walleye and mako mart zones

so good
Best rotation in the game, yet I always somehow manage to play horribly when it's on. 6-11 tonight using only the custom dualie squelchers. The fuck is wrong with me, that should be a perfect weapon choice there. I'm dangerously close to deranking as the end of the month creeps near

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017

Clip in question (Fixed link)

First four weapons

Those are my main worries as well. I mean, do dualies really need buffs? :\

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I've pretty much been using Clam Blitz just to practice Ballpoint because people are, what's the word, idiots? Yeah, idiots, with how predictably they approach the basket, so I can camp with the Ballpoint and pop them from a mile away with Respawn Punisher. Turns out I did it enough I ranked up from S+0. So I'm finally X rank in all modes, just in time before Smash takes over my life.

Although I'm probably going to de-rank Rainmaker and Splat Zones. Rainmaker is always widely varying results but doing bad in Zones hurts since it's my favorite mode. I've been going Kensa Jr really hard in Zones and I've seen two phenomenons that are causing my bad performance:

Allies keep popping my goddamn bubbles for no reason.
Allies are wasting Booyah Bomb trying to paint the zone with it.

Bubbles are great at suddenly stealing the zone...if you let them drift over enough to actually cover the zone and not pop them the second you see them. They're good at getting kills too but they're also amazing at KEEPING the Zone as they're gigantic Splash Walls that prevent any enemy ink from hitting the zone at all and have the potential to murder you if you get too close to them....if you let them float around enough to do their job and not pop them the second you see them.

The Booyah Bomb being thrown at the Zone is especially frustrating because BB is terrible at painting. All anyone has to do is stand outside of the blast zone and shoot at the explosion to negate all paint you were getting, just like with Inkstrike from Splatoon 1. And just like Splatoon 1's Inkstrike, you should be using it to force enemies to move from their comfortable camping spots and not use it on the zone. That sniper that's been popping us all game? Throw it at him. Expecting a flank while we're defending the zone? Throw the bomb at that path and make them stop or change course. See an ally trying to flank? Throw the bomb to distract the enemy and provide your flanker cover to better ambush. There is all kinds of versatility and uses for Booyah Bomb and throwing it at the zone is 95% of the time the wrong choice.