• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
This Splatfest was a lot of fun with friends. The only bad thing was the Shifty Station sucked this time around. Thankfully it wasn't common in the rotation for me.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
So friends won 2-1? Exactly what I expected. Demographics made the skill gap heavily favor friends (who'd typically be older than people who sided with family), but I knew family would win in popularity by a significant margin.

I went with family because I like participating in these Splatfests with my real opinion, but I still did my best!

Hackworth

Oct 25, 2017
I only made it to Defender because I thought I'd have a little more time today. Still, Friend Defender is a fun sounding title.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
For the Aerospray, I would grant this: it was a very solid pick when Baller was improved, and because Aerospray (and Sprinkler) had very good painting power it was able to make a lot of Ballers. The good times for it unfortunately didn't last long, so now Aerospray lost a lot of strengths as time went on, with Baller's loss of effectiveness and Aerospray's reduced painting, and eventually Sprinkler's reduced painting.

For the recent Splatfest, I would normally have picked "Family", but there are a few reasons I went with "Friends":
- It has whiter ink, which I missed out on during the Chicken vs Egg Splatfest
- That side has Marina, which was at that time on the losing side more often than not
- I recently bought a Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership to share with members on the forum I frequent, so to commemorate the occasion, I picked "Friends".

Although I lost a couple of x10 matches, I did won a x100 match, which felt fantastic! Even more fantastic is that I was using a weapon that I only used like the second time, the Kensa L-3, and managing to use the Ultra Stamp (which I don't have much experience with) very well.

Thank you for reading.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Don't be me. I'm already me and that's like three too many.
I mean, my disdain for the way splatfest is designed has been long running and well-documented since early in the first game, so I'm not exactly saying anything new here. It just happens that the second game has also brought with it an absolutely abysmal record in terms of me being on the winning side. It just makes me even less enthused than I already was, going in knowing that I'll be losing and missing out on snails regardless.

Yet I continue doing it anyway, so I guess I'm the fool here. It's just salt from an A+ ranked garbage pail, pay no mind.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I just picked this game up a couple of days ago, thanks to the eShop sale. I immediately turned motion controls off and spent the first few hours playing pretty poorly in multiplayer and doing ok in the offline stuff. But it didn't feel that great to play. I also started playing during splatfest and was kind of confused about how to access all the multiplayer modes, and I just felt a little lost in general.

I looked around online and saw many people saying gyro controls are almost a must to be competitive, so I forced myself to play an awkward hour or two with them and got wrecked the whole time. Then all of a sudden it clicked and oh man does it feel good. My teams are winning a lot, and I'm often at the top or in second (not sure how the points are assigned yet).

After a couple of hours of not knowing if the game was for me I've definitely turned a corner and can see myself having a hard time putting this down.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I really enjoyed the Frosty Fest. I used so many weapons I hadn't used before, it was fun.
I voted for friends but was team fam in spirit.
Does somebody have the Splatfest results since the clout system was implemented? I'm still not a fan at all. Also, REMOVE MPU! I really hate it.

Kensa Jr has been getting nerfed.
What nerfs did it get?

and missing out on snails regardless.
I don't think it's a big deal. You miss 3 snails (21 vs 24) if you get to Queen/King, which is easily compensated by getting snaild when you level up.
I wonder if they will modify this once Splatfests are over. How did they give snails in Splatoon 1 after the last fest?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I have like 100 snails and I've used maybe 2 in my time in the game. Probably since I usually stick with turf war and don't have many clothes; I tend to buy out the weapons above anything else.
Do people really burn a lot through snails trying to get optimal skills in the upper modes?

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Does somebody have the Splatfest results since the clout system was implemented? I'm still not a fan at all.

Code:
Retro 0 x 3 Modern

Tsubuan 0 x 3 Koshian

Trick 1 x 2 Treat

Salsa 3 x 0 Guac

Eat it 0 x 3 Save it

Hero 1 x 2 Villain

Pocky Chocolate 1 x 2 Pocky Gokuboso

Fam 1 x 2 Friends

I like the new system, way easier to play with frends and you don't even need a full team.

edit: fixed fam vs friends. Thanks Poltergust!

Last edited:

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I don't think it's a big deal. You miss 3 snails (21 vs 24) if you get to Queen/King, which is easily compensated by getting snaild when you level up.
I wonder if they will modify this once Splatfests are over. How did they give snails in Splatoon 1 after the last fest?
Technically I guess the snails themselves don't matter as much to me in practice since I have somewhere around 180 of them at the moment and only one or two more gear sets I feel I need to fully finish building. Still as someone who always votes my actual preference, it wears on you being told for 11 out of 12 months of the year "your opinion was wrong."

Anyway, back to answering the question, in the first game after fests ended, you'd be given a free snail after every 30 wins. On the other hand, snails were less necessary to a point because all their effects could be performed for 30,000G instead. In Splatoon 2, you literally can't add slots or reroll without them (the latter just saving you the time of scrubbing and re-leveling a piece of gear).

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Does somebody have the Splatfest results since the clout system was implemented? I'm still not a fan at all.

I feel like before clout system you could guess the winner pretty consistently based on popularity. The more popular team would have more scrubs and always lose. Clout system allows the game to balance the stats by throwing x100 games at teams that are playing well/poorly depending on how far off from center they are.

Bottom line is you can't predict it now because the system self balances with x100 matches. At least thats my theory.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I like the new system, way easier to play with frends and you don't even need a full team.
I LOVE the new matchmaking, it's specifically the clout system/points I dislike.

I feel like before clout system you could guess the winner pretty consistently based on popularity. The more popular team would have more scrubs and always lose. Clout system allows the game to balance the stats by throwing x100 games at teams that are playing well/poorly depending on how far off from center they are.
Bottom line is you can't predict it now because the system self balances with x100 matches. At least thats my theory.
I do think the unpredictability is a huge plus, but I also think the system (scoring clout/points) is a bit unfair.

Technically I guess the snails themselves don't matter as much to me in practice since I have somewhere around 180 of them at the moment and only one or two more gear sets I feel I need to fully finish building. Still as someone who always votes my actual preference, it wears on you being told for 11 out of 12 months of the year "your opinion was wrong."
While I understand the feeling (I can't say I haven't felt similar some times), at the end it's just a game and winning or losing the fest won't change a thing, it won't have any consequences to your rank and stuff. As long as it's fun to play and you continue to have fun, the rest shouldn't matter :)

Anyway, back to answering the question, in the first game after fests ended, you'd be given a free snail after every 30 wins. On the other hand, snails were less necessary to a point because all their effects could be performed for 30,000G instead. In Splatoon 2, you literally can't add slots or reroll without them (the latter just saving you the time of scrubbing and re-leveling a piece of gear).
Hopefully they make it faster (or easier) to get snails when the fests are over, cause once you reach level 99, it takes a while to level up.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What nerfs did it get?
Increased point requirement for special, 190 to 200
Reduced damage from Torpedo and ink requirement. Droplets deal 12 points down from 18 and needs 65% now after 60%. They deal double damage to Bubbles now so you can still do the instant bubble pop trick, but it isn't as reliable any more.
Reduced range of Bubble damage by 8%.
Reduced time Bubbles are active by 6 seconds. The English notes incorrectly say 6%, as the Japanese notes don't say "%" at all in the note and instead use the kanji, "秒" meaning "seconds".

The Splattershot Jr. didn't get any nerfs but the Kensa Jr kit itself was the target. It's still useful but not as reliable or consistent in what it used to do. Now people are running back to the Kensa Undercover.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Increased point requirement for special, 190 to 200
Reduced damage from Torpedo and ink requirement. Droplets deal 12 points down from 18 and needs 65% now after 60%. They deal double damage to Bubbles now so you can still do the instant bubble pop trick, but it isn't as reliable any more.
Reduced range of Bubble damage by 8%.
Reduced time Bubbles are active by 6 seconds. The English notes incorrectly say 6%, as the Japanese notes don't say "%" at all in the note and instead use the kanji, "秒" meaning "seconds".

The Splattershot Jr. didn't get any nerfs but the Kensa Jr kit itself was the target. It's still useful but not as reliable or consistent in what it used to do. Now people are running back to the Kensa Undercover.
Thanks! Now that you mention it, I do have seen more people using the Kensa Undercover (and the Bloblobber).

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Anybody fancy a game? I am level 9 and fairly new but consider myself to be quite good, I normally finish top most games. Would love to get some friends to play with on a regular basis.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao! I just got to play against professional angry gamer putz12 (headphone warning) and he's just as bad as these clips look.

Does nothing but yolo runs face first at the Rainmaker all the time, dies 12+ times with only 5 kills, makes no effort to paint turf or support, and is amazed that his team isn't in any position to support him during these yolo runs. And the rage...oh lord the rage. I wanted to see if he was streaming and sure enough he was so I could watch the replay of our game from his view and....dang man, the foaming anger at teammates for not being omniscient robots.

If you ever worry you have a salt or anger problem when playing games, watch some of this guy and be relieved. I shouldn't take so much enjoyment from seeing someone rage so hard from me and my team but...

d09.jpg

Stop getting mad at video games, friends. Frustration, sure, but if you ever get close to *that*...take a break.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I've gotten back to more Ranked battles, and it's just as intense (and sometimes frustrating) as I remembered it being. I only had a minor bit of progress though: Now I am at S+7 in Tower Control, but I am still stuck in S+5 in Rainmaker and S+3 in Clam Blitz. Splat Zones is still kind of in limbo though, as I can't seem to stay in X rank for long. Currently having a 1971 rating, so who knows how long it will stay that way.

One ability that I am liking a bit is Thermal Ink, mainly for the Slosher because I felt that its range is suitable for the tracking properties of this ability, and unlike the Blasters and Sloshing Machine, every attack from it tracks the opponent. I don't know about you all, but I felt like tracking makes life easier for me in matchups, which is why I like tracking opponents. It was pretty effective when I used it in Tower Control, but it's a toss-up for Rainmaker but it's still not too bad I suppose. This is mainly the gear I used (Pullover Coat) for Thermal Ink, now that Toni Kensa has a Main Power Up affinity (currently got 2 subs of MPU and 1 Quick Super Jump. Not bad!):
60px-S2_Gear_Clothing_Pullover_Coat.png

Thank you for reading.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap, I'm on youtube video!

I remember thinking "damn, that Nautilus was a freaking wall" and I was right. XD

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any tips for someone having connection issues despite being connected by Ethernet? It's nearly impossible for me to maintain 400+ in Salmon Run anymore being I am disconnecting over 5 times every session. I've tried checking the speeds and they're fine.

My PS4 and PC don't give me this problem and they're connected wirelessly and not even on the same story as the router. Even when I play ARMS wirelessly on the story about the router it's fine. The issue seems isolated to Splatoon 2 regardless of how the connection is established which is just incredibly frustrating. This sucks because I really love this game, but the issues just make playing it so hit-or-miss and I sometimes end being completely frustrated by something I seemingly can't control.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Any tips for someone having connection issues despite being connected by Ethernet? It's nearly impossible for me to maintain 400+ in Salmon Run anymore being I am disconnecting over 5 times every session. I've tried checking the speeds and they're fine.

My PS4 and PC don't give me this problem and they're connected wirelessly and not even on the same story as the router. Even when I play ARMS wirelessly on the story about the router it's fine. The issue seems isolated to Splatoon 2 regardless of how the connection is established which is just incredibly frustrating. This sucks because I really love this game, but the issues just make playing it so hit-or-miss and I sometimes end being completely frustrated by something I seemingly can't control.
When you do a connection test, what's your NAT type? Should be A.

Also you should set your MTU in the Switch to 1500.

I did those things and also went into my router's settings to put the Switch in the DMZ and that's optimized my Splatoon online. I only get the rare connection issue during Splatfests, but that's a clusterfuck no matter what.

Smash Ultimate online on the other hand is a trash fire no matter what I do.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
NAT B is fine too. You can only get NAT A through DMZ or if, somehow, your connection doesn't go through a router. Even proper port-forwarding will get you to B at best (afaik).
Beyond those, the shitshow beings.

Either way, with no dedicated servers, even if you have perfect connection your experience will be ruined by others if they have poor connection.

Last edited:

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
So I played in the most recent Splatfest and it was the first time I played since August I think.

Noticed a few changes and was a little confused, so clearly I'm late to the party on some updates.

One thing I noticed was that I couldn't manipulate the lobby song anymore when I was waiting for a match to start. Was this only because of the Splatfest or is that a permanent change?

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
So I played in the most recent Splatfest and it was the first time I played since August I think.

Noticed a few changes and was a little confused, so clearly I'm late to the party on some updates.

One thing I noticed was that I couldn't manipulate the lobby song anymore when I was waiting for a match to start. Was this only because of the Splatfest or is that a permanent change?

You still can change the beat in the lobby while you wait for a match to start. I never noticed this not being the case during Splatfests, tho. Are you sure?

Deleted member 9714

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When you do a connection test, what's your NAT type? Should be A.

Also you should set your MTU in the Switch to 1500.

I did those things and also went into my router's settings to put the Switch in the DMZ and that's optimized my Splatoon online. I only get the rare connection issue during Splatfests, but that's a clusterfuck no matter what.

Smash Ultimate online on the other hand is a trash fire no matter what I do.
Yeah, it's A. I'll change MTU to 1500 and see if that helps. Thank you!

Edit: Doesn't seem to make any difference, unfortunately. :/

Last edited:

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice. The Nautilus is one of my faves. Do you remember what abilities he had?
That game was like two weeks ago so no way. Most of the players I follow on Youtube tend to lead their videos with their loadout, but even then they tend to do "meme" builds where they overload on one or two abilities. Given the thumbnail he favored MPU and Run Speed, which is kind of silly because Nautilus gets almost nothing from Run Speed even during firing due to the massive default slow walk speed but I don't think he knows that. Swim Speed is better for it.

The main thing about Nautilus is that even though it always fires at max range for optimal damage regardless of how long you've charged, it has one of the shortest burst times of all the Splatlings so MPU is very helpful for it as is Ink Saver Main so you can keep your dodge and charge going. The guy in the video was preferring the vanilla Nautilus because Suction Bomb uses up too much ink and Ink Jet doesn't work very well as a panic button if you are attacked without a charge ready while Baller protects you and then gives you a large patch of immediate ink to work with.

Yeah, it's A. I'll change MTU to 1500 and see if that helps. Thank you!

Edit: Doesn't seem to make any difference, unfortunately. :/
I'm sorry to hear that. Peer to peer unfortunately needs people close together to function smoothly even after optimizing your connection. I'm in southern California so there's lots of players available, but they seem to be 90% wi-fi monsters. It's why Splatfests turn out so bad compared to X Rank games. ARMS being smoother makes sense as it's fewer players while Splatoon is across eight. Where are you located? I've read some regions have more difficulty getting stronger connections with peer to peer based games because Nintendo incorrectly groups players in too large and too vague of a "region" so they get paired with far away players anyway.

What's the download / upload results when you do a connection test. Upload is the important one as Splatoon tends to boot people that aren't readily sending data to other players. Supposedly 1 MB is enough but I think 3-5 MB is the requirement. I'm 50 d / 10 u typically on my tests.

After that it's just kind of going down the checklist of things to try. There's using Google's DNS server addresses, adjusting the ports on your router for the Switch or using DMZ (although this seems moot if you're getting NAT A results), replacing your ethernet cables, or the more drastic gamble of replacing your router. It's an expensive investment that I can't say actually, legitimately does anything tangible but I also bought a XR500 Nighthawk router that prioritizes the Switch's bandwidth and has a range filter so I play with nearby players (3000 km currently) but it might just be a placebo as I also keep getting paired with Japanese players anyway.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9714

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That game was like two weeks ago so no way. Most of the players I follow on Youtube tend to lead their videos with their loadout, but even then they tend to do "meme" builds where they overload on one or two abilities. Given the thumbnail he favored MPU and Run Speed, which is kind of silly because Nautilus gets almost nothing from Run Speed even during firing due to the massive default slow walk speed but I don't think he knows that. Swim Speed is better for it.

The main thing about Nautilus is that even though it always fires at max range for optimal damage regardless of how long you've charged, it has one of the shortest burst times of all the Splatlings so MPU is very helpful for it as is Ink Saver Main so you can keep your dodge and charge going. The guy in the video was preferring the vanilla Nautilus because Suction Bomb uses up too much ink and Ink Jet doesn't work very well as a panic button if you are attacked without a charge ready while Baller protects you and then gives you a large patch of immediate ink to work with.

I'm sorry to hear that. Peer to peer unfortunately needs people close together to function smoothly even after optimizing your connection. I'm in southern California so there's lots of players available, but they seem to be 90% wi-fi monsters. It's why Splatfests turn out so bad compared to X Rank games. ARMS being smoother makes sense as it's fewer players while Splatoon is across eight. Where are you located? I've read some regions have more difficulty getting stronger connections with peer to peer based games because Nintendo incorrectly groups players in too large and too vague of a "region" so they get paired with far away players anyway.

What's the download / upload results when you do a connection test. Upload is the important one as Splatoon tends to boot people that aren't readily sending data to other players. Supposedly 1 MB is enough but I think 3-5 MB is the requirement. I'm 50 d / 10 u typically on my tests.

After that it's just kind of going down the checklist of things to try. There's using Google's DNS server addresses, adjusting the ports on your router for the Switch or using DMZ (although this seems moot if you're getting NAT A results), replacing your ethernet cables, or the more drastic gamble of replacing your router. It's an expensive investment that I can't say actually, legitimately does anything tangible but I also bought a XR500 Nighthawk router that prioritizes the Switch's bandwidth and has a range filter so I play with nearby players (3000 km currently) but it might just be a placebo as I also keep getting paired with Japanese players anyway.

I'm located on Long Island. My D/U is 90 / 15.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck man, don't know what to tell you then. Surrounded by wi-fi warriors.

I really really wish they would punish people who don't use specials when you lose Salmon Run...

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Yesterday I tried undercover when Clam Blitz was on and something clicked. Maybe the stages were right or the team mates,or both, anyway enjoyed CB alot.
Somehow missed both splatfasts and have only 1 MPU shirt. Need to find more to see what fits. Still hate salmon run, suck hard on it.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I have a question: why is the Marina/Pearl Amiibo set still unavailable everywhere for a reasonable price? It's been out since last July and I thought Nintendo had stopped their artificial scarcity?

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017

Cool. I'm currently farming MPU for the Nautilus, Splattershot Pro and and Squelcher. Hopefully that will be the final farming I ever have to do :P

I know you guys stopped playing turf wars a while ago (it's what I mostly play, tbh), but there are A LOT of new players. It hasn't been this noticeable since the game first holiday.

OK, that was hilarious.
I don't have the quickest reflexes, and in the midst of battle it can get to chaotic [for me] to see, but when I'm conscious about it... OH BOY! So many of those moments :\

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
In my current progress with Ranked Battles, it didn't go well unfortunately. First the good:
- My Splat Zones rating is 2000+, which I believe means I won't be demoted to S+9 when this month is over.
- My Tower Control is currently at S+9, with one crack in the bar (so between 25-49 in bar reset), and I am 1 or 2 games away from being an X Rank. I constantly used the Hero Slosher Replica which I felt is a nice weapon in this mode due to its nice kit (for this mode) and the reliable main weapon.

Now the bad:
- I have demoted from S+5 to S+3 in Rainmaker, and I didn't even cross the threshold so I felt like I am stuck in a rut. It felt like the other team did so well that ours didn't have a chance. It didn't help that for the S+5 run, the bar cracked after 5 losses.
- Clam Blitz had a similarly bad performance, as I was demoted from S+3 to S+2, as I haven't found a good weapon to use. It feels like every move I made is a disadvantage, like the opponent can read my every movement and counter it swiftly.

A weapon that I am interested in is the Splash-o-matic, because it has an accurate main weapon and a Special that builds very fast, but the problem is I feel like I am bad at Inkjet, and the problem with other weapons is that either the Inkjet takes longer to build or the weapon is not a good fit for me (Custom Goo Tuber comes to mind). The problem I have is that I can't seem to find other people when I am looking for a target, and the opponent seems to be able to target me better than I can target them.

Thank you for reading.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I have recently reached X rank in Tower Control, meaning that Splat Zones is not the only game mode that I managed to excel at. Unfortunately I am still at S+3 in Rainmaker and S+2 in Clam Blitz (which I recently gone above the line thankfully, as I was already in danger of being demoted further). Here's the end of the match I had:

Basically the opponents are initiating a push, what with Ink Armour from Kensa Undercover and three people are reaching for the tower, but a moment before this, I fired Tenta Missiles on the group of three and threw a Suction Bomb to the tower to get an advantage over them. It worked out because I managed to land two hits on them while my partner finished up not only the fourth member, but also two of the guys. The Dynamo Roller player wasn't able to catch up so I captured the tower and win the game. Earlier on the opponent had a point advantage, landing at 48, but we were able to push further because while I was splatted at like 49, a partner of mine picked up the slack and pushed the score to our advantage, which ended up being instrumental to our finish.

It should be noted that, starting from S+6, I have been exclusively using the Hero Slosher Replica with its Suction Bomb and Tenta Missiles combo, and I like this for Tower Control because the bomb is effective in controlling the positioning of the opponent and have good range, while Tenta Missiles is used for added pressure (and a combat advantage).

For Clam Blitz, I am liking the Sloshing Machine Neo because of its kit, since I find the weapon to be really good for splats and Bomb Launcher to be good in denying a certain area, and there are Point Sensors that help in tracking. I don't think I am proficient enough with this weapon to start winning to X rank, so some more testing is required. Perhaps I could even use the Kensa Sloshing Machine for this game mode too.

Thank you for reading.

CoconutTank

Oct 25, 2017
X, Y, Z
Hmm, what're the dates? I'd probably have to set aside time for it, but even if I can't I'd still like to know when it's happening (is it an E3 thing again?).

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jumping back in after a while, since I only just this week bought an online sub. Seeing a lot fewer Dualies - I'm guessing those got nerfed?

No clue what I'm doing right now with all this new stuff.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dualies are the same as they've always been but they finally released usable kits for the other weapons via the Kensa line and kept buffing the other weapons. I still see 3-5 dualies every game so I think you're getting lucky.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Off the Hook concert is going to be starting within a half an hour (should be at the top of the hour). Nintendo is using YouTube this time to stream it too, so no need to fight Niconico

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dualies are the same as they've always been but they finally released usable kits for the other weapons via the Kensa line and kept buffing the other weapons. I still see 3-5 dualies every game so I think you're getting lucky.
Ah, okay. I found a new hat with a Christmas tree on it that gives Main Power Up, which seems like it fixes the only real shortcoming of a number of Dualies.

Is there a resource that has backlogged changelogs for me to peruse so I can catch up?

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say MPU wrecked the balance but it has made an impact to it, however not in an intelligent or interesting way. Because so many weapons get damage boost from it instead of unique enhancements and there is no drawback to using them or defense against them, those kits have been coming out in force and everyone is scrambling to get as much MPU on their gear. No one cares about slightly increase paint spread or extending range by 1 or 2% when maxing out the ability, not when they can get kills in three and sometimes two shots with other weapons if the enemy is in the slightest bit of ink. Only Splatlings get worthwhile benefit from MPU with their increased burst time of the weapons that don't get damage up, imo. So for the most part it kind of feels the same but you're dying more and you need to stack MPU so your weapon can keep up with the enemies' MPU stacking.
It kinda sucks, honestly. One of the things that got irksome about Splat1 was that the meta started getting into arms races of Attack Up versus Defense Up, since Attack Up was so good on a ton of things and the only counter was Defense Up, and I liked that Splat2 had dropped both abilities to begin with. Bringing it back under a new name for some weapons but not others leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sheldon's Pick weapon sets are coming in a future update. Never believe Nogami's lies.

Also another balance update is supposed to be coming soon, no date or info yet. Will this have the crazy changes to Ultra Stamp I've been hoping for so it isn't a goddamn joke piece of shit?

Another Testfire for the end of March is scheduled and is available for all modes including Salmon Run. I wonder if you need an online sub to play...

Last edited: