• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, it seems that drink ticket + gear do not stack indeed.
But food/meal tickets only affect your level exp, not your gear exp, so you gain nothing from a meal ticket either :P

So, to answer aggrocrog, the faster way to grind chunks is:
Scrub specific brand (the least stars, the better) ≥ Drink ticket + any brand >>>> Salmon Run
Thank you Sagitario and Sheldon! And when you say the least stars is better, are you saying that there's a difference in gear from particular brands? I thought all gear from the same brand had the same drop rate for chunks, and I've not been paying attention to stars.

I've played this game for 240 hours, and if I've missed something this fundamental then I'm the biggest idiot ever.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you Sagitario and Sheldon! And when you say the least stars is better, are you saying that there's a difference in gear from particular brands? I thought all gear from the same brand had the same drop rate for chunks, and I've not been paying attention to stars.

I've played this game for 240 hours, and if I've missed something this fundamental then I'm the biggest idiot ever.

I don't think there's a difference in rates as long as the brand is the same, but a piece of gear with fewer stars needs less gear exp to level up to unlock gear slots.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
How the heck did I miss this..... unbelievable. All this time, I could've been going much faster.

1I5TKuF.jpg

;P

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Wut. What's your hours played for Splatoon 2? Also, what's your favorite weapon, sub weapon and special?

I'm partial to the Splooshomatic, the gas bombs that slow you down, and the Tentamissiles. I also love the mini-splatling, the giant splatling, and the Kensa sniper rifle.
I think I have 1100 hours logged so far. I'm not that good at the game, tho :P
Check Magnet_Man and PadWarrior posts in the thread for tips and stuff. They are amazing players.

My favorite weapons are the Custom Jet Squelcher, both Dualie Squelchers, Splattershot Pro family, both N-ZAPs, Splattershot Jr. family, the Kensa Sloshing Machine, both Ballpoint Splatlings and the Nautilus 79.
(I wish I was good with chargers ._.)

Favorite special: Booyah Bomb, Bubble Blower and Sting Ray.
Favorite sub: Fizzy Bomb, Torpedo, Point Sensor (RIP) and Suction Bomb.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
I think I have 1100 hours logged so far. I'm not that good at the game, tho :P
Check Magnet_Man and PadWarrior posts in the thread for tips and stuff. They are amazing players.

My favorite weapons are the Custom Jet Squelcher, both Dualie Squelchers, Splattershot Pro family, both N-ZAPs, Splattershot Jr. family, the Kensa Sloshing Machine, both Ballpoint Splatlings and the Nautilus 79.
(I wish I was good with chargers ._.)

Favorite special: Booyah Bomb, Bubble Blower and Sting Ray.
Favorite sub: Fizzy Bomb, Torpedo, Point Sensor (RIP) and Suction Bomb.
Thanks I'll check them out. Also, I'm very average with the chargers, and it always blows my mind when someone is in a match who is deadly. It completely changes how everyone moves.

More importantly, I see that you're one of my arch-nemeses who use weapons with slightly more range that my narrowly focused Splooshomatic and the NZap 😁. I'm also partial to the dapple dualies for the hyper quick movement, but I get murdered by ppl with Splattershot Pros and jet squelchers.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
So if I check the EU channel for Splatoon 2 on the master channel list, the second ability chunks article is there. But I'm subscribed and it doesn't show up on my feed (I made sure that one of my accounts is set for EU - I know it stops updating if you change regions, even if still subbed).

Is there any way to "force" the channel updates?

edit: it finally showed up by the power of complaining.

Last edited:

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks I'll check them out. Also, I'm very average with the chargers, and it always blows my mind when someone is in a match who is deadly. It completely changes how everyone moves.

More importantly, I see that you're one of my arch-nemeses who use weapons with slightly more range that my narrowly focused Splooshomatic and the NZap 😁. I'm also partial to the dapple dualies for the hyper quick movement, but I get murdered by ppl with Splattershot Pros and jet squelchers.

Hehehe, yeah... I'm mostly a long range player :P

I'm freaking scared of chargers. I can't believe how good some people are. Their reflexes are extraordinary.

Last edited:

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
What team are you choosing for tonight's Splatfest? I think I'm going wizard, but I really want Pearl to win.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Mage Knights are technically the best, but since "both" isn't an option for Splatfests, I'm definitely in the Team Wizard camp. Here's hoping the grind isn't too excruciating this time, my last 'fest or two have been particularly miserable.

P.S. the return of Damage Up continues to be one of the largest mistakes that the Splatoon team has ever made. I feel like it comes down to that and their refusal to ever touch Quick Respawn in the first game for the top spot.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Team Knight. Only two losses to four or so wins to get up to the beginning of Defender, but those two losses were mean and left a bad taste in my mouth.

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
Holy cow, I'm Team Wizard and all 8 or 9 matches so far have been mirror matches...

Final record: 20-11 overall, 8-4 against Team Knight. So 19 of my 31 matches today were mirror matches.

Last edited:

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Went 11-2 for my run up to Wizard royalty last night. Man Splatfest is a way better experience when you're 1. Playing with a full group of friends and 2. Winning.

This is an interesting Shifty Station but I'm not sure if I actually like it or not. Controlling the center pad makes for a huge swing and a lot of the map is made up of wide open space, which makes certain weapons that I already find annoying (SplatterPro and Dualie Squelchers particularly) even more annoying. I want to say it's probably still a bit better than some of the other recent attempts but I won't exactly be sad to see it go after today, either.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
woo! Finally won a 10x match (i only even get them about 2 out of every 3 fests and I've lost all the ones I've been in up to now).

It's intense, single match doubled my clout.

Knightmare

Oct 25, 2017
Out of the 37 games I've played today, only 7 were against Team Knight! I'm more interested to see the percentage of popularity of Team Wizards than the overall results.. it's gonna be stupidly high. Lots and lots of mirror matches made this splatfest boring to me.. I probably should've gone with Team Knight since it's part of my nickname here. :p

On the other hand.. it's been a while since I've seen the kensa sloshing machine. I never expected that 6% nerf to actually kill it. I mean it's still an excellent weapon but now it seems that it requires some skill to use it efficiently, which is too much to ask from the casual players. Now let's hope Pro's nerf is coming soon.

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
With the way the various media accounts were promoting the knight/wizard gear set thing I was hoping I'd see more people wearing them. Most I ever had on my own teams was two, myself being one of them. :/ Splatfests continue to be a grind if you're playing with randoms, you just have to hope you luck into some sort of synergy bonus to speed things along.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
This has been, by far, THE most boring Splatfest because of the mirror matches.
Some stats from last night (team wizard here):
I did exactly 50 matches and:
Win ratio = 31:19
33 out of 50 were mirror matches.
17 battles against the opposite team and won 11 of them.

I still maintain that the clout system was a mistake :P

Quite randomly, am I the only one who can never get streamable media to play? It always just spins forever.
Have you tried another browser? Maybe it's an adblock issue?
Here is the direct link to the video (it's nothing special): https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1104292585596542976/pu/vid/1280x720/s-hTp461lBoWPvnR.mp4

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Had a good splatfest overall except for the ranking battles I did in pro. Had some bad draws early on and then they stuck me down in the scrub leagues. Made it 4:3 for the placements but because the wins came later against weaker opponents, I still started at a sad 1797 in the end (at one point played and lost to a team in the 1500s, so that was something).

On the normal battles I did great in clout due to my 10x win.

Where do you get Main Power Up stuff now? Just have to wait for it to come up in the shops?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I am upset that my internet is completely shoddy today and unable to get through a single match. I can take or leave most Splatfests, but I so badly want to rep knight against the witch menace.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I almost went team knight because I can relate to the desire to just slice dudes, but went with wizards... I got to champ going 10-5, but only 5 matches were wizards vs knights. I want 3-2 in those, and one of my wins was a 10x battle! Still, I regret picking wizards.

Edit: And yeah, I had a number of connection errors too. Both waiting in the lobby for a match and after matches.

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That was a really boring splatfest. So one sided, and such a grind to get to wizz king x.x

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever had such a bad loss streak before. I started playing as a Defender two hours before the Splatfest ended and couldn't even get to Champion.

Haelsly

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, can't believe Team Wizard actually took it. The number of mirror matches I saw I was sure Knights would win.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
C02V6QRLR8DQ228V

If anyone doesn't have NSO I downloaded the demo, I'm not sure why tbh, though I do love speedrunning through the tutorial, and got a worthless code for me

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've had a little go of the demo, and I've noticed a few things. (These are gonna be super nitpicky, because it's just more Splatoon, which I loved).
  1. It's 2019, and people, even higher level players, can't play the objective in regular battle. I came top on every match I've played so far, and that was against some like level 30+ players.
  2. No loading Squid Jump minigame is heartbreaking.
  3. Marina's design is cool, but I don't really like her or the goblin.
  4. No gamepad mini map to look down to is really odd.
  5. Splattershot Jr still feels amazing, but it feels slightly different than the original (slightly faster). I hope there are better variants, because I never like ink bombs or the shield.
The game is great though. I sort of dropped off the original after Camp Triggerfish, so it's fun to be back.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
It's 2019, and people, even higher level players, can't play the objective in regular battle. I came top on every match I've played so far, and that was against some like level 30+ players.
Yesterday I won a S+ Tower Control match where the enemy team had us pinned in spawn because they were all so busy slaughtering us that no one remembered to hop on the tower and then we rode it to 70ish points for the victory. So, yeah. I wish my execution was good enough get into X rank to escape from having three team mates who bring Splashdown specials to Splatzones, but going by the tales you hear even up there people can be chicken-brained.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't get how X scores are calculated. We lost a really intense match and i ended up getting a penalty of -0, sometimes you win and it's like +25 or you win and it's +1. So weird.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
If I want to get into Splatoon 2s comp scene a bit more, starting with online ranked and league, is there any guide to read or youtube channel I can watch?
I am S+ in all modes and could probably push higher if I put in the time. Usually I do pretty well but I have to be honest and say that I have no clue how the game really works, except for basic competitive shooter stuff, if that makes sense? Watched a streamer doing scrimms against JP teams and it kind of blew me away in how he moved and played the game.

So two things I need help with: Builds, as in what weapons and type of gear that goes well together. And overall gameplay.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Is there some meta play I'm missing? What's wrong with Splashdown in zones?

Can't flip the zone on its own like some specials are capable of and doesn't drive back attackers long enough to create a good window of opportunity. It's not the worst, but with a stack of three of them you lack tools to get back into the game once the other team has taken control.

If I want to get into Splatoon 2s comp scene a bit more, starting with online ranked and league, is there any guide to read or youtube channel I can watch?
I am S+ in all modes and could probably push higher if I put in the time. Usually I do pretty well but I have to be honest and say that I have no clue how the game really works, except for basic competitive shooter stuff, if that makes sense? Watched a streamer doing scrimms against JP teams and it kind of blew me away in how he moved and played the game.

So two things I need help with: Builds, as in what weapons and type of gear that goes well together. And overall gameplay.

ThatSrb2DUDE is the name you're looking for. He regularly streams on Twitch and his YouTube channel has a video serious about "how to become competitive" which will link you to further online ressources and other pro players to watch.