• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Haunt might change everything. It's down there with the least used abilities (maybe the least used of all) but these notes are making it sound close to essential now.

I already use the Jr and Sploosh a fair bit because they're strong in the departments the team has seen fit to buff, but whatever. In particular I use the Sploosh with ninja squid and a swim speed up and already feel as fast as I need to be for stealthy evilness so this buff is pure filth with the curling bomb improvements too.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I've been waiting so impatiently for the Sploosh 7. Getting some swim speed buffs plus finally returning to a Splat Bomb sub is just icing on the cake. Ugh. Can't wait for the damn patch.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
BUFF THERMAL INK!

Haunt lasting until the user splats the target seems waaaaaay too... unfair? IDK, I don't like this change, especially with the amount of revenge kills and squid bagging that has been happening lately.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haunt (Holy shit, it's relevant now)
+Effect will now continue indefinitely until the target gets splatted.
+Increased amount of simultaneous targets from 1 to 4.
...So if I'm understanding this right, Haunt applies Thermal Ink continuously to the entire opposing team once the wearer is splatted?

Wow.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Made a mistake on Haunt translation. I thought it lasted until the Haunt player got the kill but it works like before where the target is marked until they die from anything. The changes are just no time limit and now multiple targets.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
...So if I'm understanding this right, Haunt applies Thermal Ink continuously to the entire opposing team once the wearer is splatted?

Wow.
No, what it means is if you get killed by player A, and then get killed by player B and A never died, players A and B will be marked and so on with a max of 4 simultaneous targets possible.

What happened before is if you were killed by a different enemy, your Haunt effect would move to the most recent player who killed you. Now effect stays on every enemy that kills you until something kills them.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So....I thought we were getting 12 weapons at once or did they fuck up?

They fucked up?
They fucked up.

Also I'm amazed that I don't have a single silver badge on any of my weapons. I hopped around the weapons I use too much I guess XD.

Edit: Okay, there we go. That was so freaking weird! Why was only the Aerospray available and why did they wait for the next rotation to unlock the other weapons?
Edit2: Alright, this new Bamboozler is disgusting. Fizzy Bomb does its multiple explosions instantly when it hits the bubbles, popping them instantly. Kensa Jr could do close range instant pops under ideal circumstances but this seems like 100% assured explosions. If you want to kill the boozler, your best bet is to RTSD all day, every day.

Last edited:

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I hate the new Bamboozler already. It's going to be soooo overused :\
I've been using long range weapons for weeks now, so when I tried the Aerospray last night... OH BOY! Very few splats, and always outmatched by the Sploosh-o-matic :P

If you want to kill the boozler, your best bet is to RTSD all day, every day.
RTSD?

Last edited:

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Pretty much. Get in close, don't allow them time to set up.

Also I gave you the family friendly version because Splatoon is a family friendly game. The S normally stands for something else...

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
:O
Thanks!

I don't particularly enjoy aggressive play, but I've noted squids becoming really aggressive for a while [at least in turf wars], like, vicious, that's why I've been using weapons with shorter TTK (or the Sloshing Machine when I'm just tired of the BS :P)

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I don't particularly enjoy aggressive play, but I've noted squids becoming really aggressive for a while [at least in turf wars], like, vicious, that's why I've been using weapons with shorter TTK (or the Sloshing Machine when I'm just tired of the BS :P)

Be careful with that. Word on the Plaza is that Turf War matches you with players of similar playstyle preferences, meaning if you kill more than you paint, you get to play with other people who like killing more than painting.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Be careful with that. Word on the Plaza is that Turf War matches you with players of similar playstyle preferences, meaning if you kill more than you paint, you get to play with other people who like killing more than painting.
Oh, I didn't know. It's odd cause I'm usually the one that paints the most and I'm not seeking players to splat, I'm the one that holds positions/routes so the other team doesn't advance.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Rush That Squid Down
giphy.gif

I'm mad I never thought of that

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like it if the Haunt user got a sound effect or something when they splat someone so they know they got Haunt's Respawn Punisher effect.

Edit: So people seem confused about the Grim Range Blaster. *ahem*

It's super strong if,

IF,

IFFFFFF-UH...you use your Burst Bombs with the blaster, not just use it like a Range Blaster, m'kay?

Last edited:

Knightmare

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being carried to top 2000.. I mean yeah it's the start of the month but it's so stupid that I have this super fake crown in clams when I'm a trash tier player.. and it's even more stupid that when I lose 50 points I get so happy I'll finally lose this crown but then I win the next game I get +40.. like why? I've never gotten this many points before and now it's given to me when I don't even want it.. this game is killing me xD

Please japan.. play clams more and raise the top 2000 ceiling so I can play more comfortably :\

On the other hand.. I really like that with the new weapons I don't see so many KPros and stingrays. it just feels so refreshing to play this game now.

Kensa Jr could do close range instant pops under ideal circumstances but this seems like 100% assured explosions
I was experimenting with a new gear set up and apparently you can do something similar with Jr if you have enough sub saver to throw 2 torpedos at the bubbles (I'm using 1 main 2 subs). I made a quick video to show that:

I guess with the fizzy you're standing at a safer distance, but this might be helpful when you want to get the zone real quick or to get some map control.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Correct. The international 48-hour "event" splatfests always wind up being announced further in advance than normal. I guess they really want to make sure that anyone who still plays is definitely aware of it?
It's also probably so there's more word of mouth to people who haven't bought it or fell off.

It's a special event! Every one will be there! 2 full days! A full make over of the plaza! 12 new pieces of gear, for free!
Even if it doesn't result in a million new copies sold, the buzz will probably get people to at least look at it and maybe consider buying

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, another update....oh it's probably a bug fix. I wonder what was wrong....

Version 4.6.1

• Made fixes to the data scheduled for an upcoming release.

Uuuuuuuhhhh????

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
They tweaked the main abilities on the CoroCoro mecha gear.
That's all.

In other news the Switch News section has the article up about Bomb Defense DX right now. Don't forget to check in to get your free 20 chunks for an ability you'll probably never be spending chunks on!

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017

EXPLAIN ME PLEASE HOW CAN SOMEONE BE THAT GOOD! ( T_T)
I'd love to know their controller settings. Magnet_Man, you speak Japanese, right? Could you ask them? :P

Also, LOLOLOL at this:

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Uh, sure I guess. I doubt I'll get a response.

And you know that what this person is doing isn't because of their settings.
Thank you! :)

And I know, but I'm always curious about other people controller and gear preferences.
I used to play with sensitivity +4 since launch, but someone recommended me [back in December] -1 for chargers and now that's what I use for every weapon :P

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
After 645 or more hours of Splatoon 2, I finally made it to Rank X.

Does it still count if I used the Kensa Pro but without a single point of MPU?

I promise I won't post when I immediately fall back out of X again.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Congrats man. Well done.

Only 1935 hours to go and I'll also reach Rank X in Tower Control, Clam Blitz and Rainmaker!

Congrat', I think we did have one together a moment ago

Sadly, that couldn't have been me as I wasn't playing. On the plus side this means I can say I hope you won, because you weren't playing against me!

If we ever end up in the same lobby, you can tell it's me when I chase you down in total tunnel vision mode and run out of ink just before I can land the third hit that would kill. And then I die a spluttering, humiliating, chewing gum-shoed death.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
After 645 or more hours of Splatoon 2, I finally made it to Rank X.

Does it still count if I used the Kensa Pro but without a single point of MPU?

I promise I won't post when I immediately fall back out of X again.
Congrats!!! I'm stuck on S+ since last year so I know how hard it is. Then again, I haven't played since January.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Congrats!!! I'm stuck on S+ since last year so I know how hard it is. Then again, I haven't played since January.

Thanks, playing almost daily for a bit definitely did the trick for me. That plus focusing on only two game modes this month, sticking with one weapon and picking the maps more carefully. Previously with my irregular play-what-and-whenever-I-feel-like approach I was bouncing up and down S+ from as high as +6 to as low as +0.

I'd like to try to go for Rank X in Tower Control, too, but I'm not sure if I'm enough of a masochist to do the same in Clam Blitz or Rainmaker.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Deep breath... I haven't played Salmon Run in quite awhile, and I just had the worst shift ever. Went from 300 power, down to 120. Didn't get to a single third round. A couple games were connection issues. The match started with just two of us, and then connection error. Still, -20. Then others I have no idea what a few players were doing. Then I started to get pissed and playing frustrated... I'm done with this mode.

Splatfest time? Bah humbug.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
This is BY FAR, THE WORST Splatfest map ever designed. Awful bottlenecks + it makes areas unavailable + there is no point of turfing back past a certain point + it makes your side of the map almost worthless.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
So let me get this straight, the hairstyles are STILL gender-locked likr in Splatoon 1? Isn't that reinforcing a gender binary?

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
This is BY FAR, THE WORST Splatfest map ever designed. Awful bottlenecks + it makes areas unavailable + there is no point of turfing back past a certain point + it makes your side of the map almost worthless.

I've encountered three opposing teams where they allowed us to take the entire centre part of the Splatfest map without any resistance. It was surreal.

Anyway, got to Hare Queen with a 23-13 record.

Last edited:

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
This Shifty Station is a fun temporary ranked mode when you've got two teams approaching it properly but quite miserable when you're stuck in a team with three players who only play Turf War.

It's also great for the new Aerospray and its burst bombs and booyah bomb.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Fah, this last rotation in the Splatfest had me madder at the game than I've been in a while. Trying to recover from my anger problems means you'll relapse sometimes and boy this one was a doozy, though I didn't throw anything.

Humiliating to "win" the mechanic in Shifty Station and still lose 70-30.

The game did the opposite of what it did in my last run through the Pro matches, where before they tanked my rank quickly due to a few early losses, such that a 4-3 record still had me with a gutter-tier power ranking, now a 3-4 left me with a respectable 2009 because it kept matching me with teammates and players in the 2100s despite losing to an 1830 at one point early on.