• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FIFA 18 and 19 don't support Cloud Saving either. Basically, any online game with the potential for cheating blocks it.

Monster Hunter Generations does though.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All I can hope is this is just for now temporarily and they will patch it in later on...
... but... that's just a hope.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Better not be the case. I've invested quite a bit of time into the game and would be pissed if I lost it

LuigiBlood

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
away from Era
Hey guys, when cheating was relatively new, client and server already compared the save and rolled back if necessary: It doesn't support the OS cloud save functionality because it already has one.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
If you can't play on a different device and start playing with the same character/progression, then it clearly doesn't already have online saves built in like some are saying. Anyway, best see how this plays out rather than start kicking off before knowing the details (ERAs modus operandi, I know).

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
FIFA 18 and 19 don't support Cloud Saving either. Basically, any online game with the potential for cheating blocks it.

Monster Hunter Generations does though.
The games I would really care about backing up aren't online really, but still. Kinda ridiculous.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you can't play on a different device and start playing with the same character/progression, then it clearly doesn't already have online saves built in like some are saying. Anyway, best see how this plays out rather than start kicking off before knowing the details (ERAs modus operandi, I know).
It does have online saves, but they are tied to both the system and account your Nintendo Network ID is connected to, at least right now. It's possible that this could change with the 6.0 firmware update. Hopefully it does

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Let's hope that they switch to server-side profiles if this is the case then. The current setup is dumb.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, when cheating was relatively new, client and server already compared the save and rolled back if necessary: It doesn't support the OS cloud save functionality because it already has one.

So I can throw my Switch in a river, buy a new one, login to my NNID and my Splatoon 2 save will be there? No? So it's not a cloud save is it.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The games I would really care about backing up aren't online really, but still. Kinda ridiculous.

You can most likely choose to MANUALLY back up the save and scum it. That's the most reasonable explanation. It's on by default, but developers are only advised to turn it off if they have a good reason (cheating etc.)

And apparently there's no limit on the data you can back up.

Splatoon does kind of need the cloud service....

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
pffff

one of the games where i would actually pay for the sub to backup my save and it's not supported?

Nintendo can shove it with this shit. i'm not gonna pay for their shit online until the game is supported. i have 500+ hours and the least they should offer is a safeguard for this.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
So I can throw my Switch in a river, buy a new one, login to my NNID and my Splatoon 2 save will be there? No? So it's not a cloud save is it.

It sounds more like it's poorly implemented and currently takes your system into account. We don't know what they are saving on their server. Why lock stores when online is off?

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Confirmed games that don't support cloud saves:

• Pokémon Let's Go
  • FIFA 18
  • FIFA 19
  • Splatoon 2
atmuh maybe you could request the title change and start listing the games. I will dig further.

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they're worried about spoofing the cloud to get modified save games onto the box?

Or the discovered they fucked something up, and this is the safest way of working around it.

I seem to recall commenting that cloud sync was more complex than you might expect, the other day. Well, this is Nintendo coming to the same conclusion.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
If it's to prevent cheating can't they make it so that you can only download your Splatoon 2 save once a month for example? You can't really save scum, but if your Switch breaks you can restore your save... and then there's an one month cooldown. It would still suck but at least it would be *something* lol

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
It does have online saves, but they are tied to both the system and account your Nintendo Network ID is connected to, at least right now. It's possible that this could change with the 6.0 firmware update. Hopefully it does
Why the system? I wonder if you could request your data be moved to a different system.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For splatoon? All of it. It's not like most online games where your progress is uploaded to a server—if you play splatoon on a different switch with your NNID logged in you won't have any of your gear or weapons or levels or anything.

Maybe you will once online service launches?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If it's to prevent cheating can't they make it so that you can only download your Splatoon 2 save once a month for example? You can't really save scum, but if your Switch breaks you can restore your save... and then there's an one month cooldown. It would still suck but at least it would be *something* lol
Maybe we are expecting too much...

El Sabroso

Oct 25, 2017
Monterrey, MX
Does FIFA on switch support micro transactions? if so, you have that information on your EA Account, I doubt is just cheating the reason, might be something temporal and technical in how those games handle save files.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Smash, ARMS, Mario Party, Rocket League, Mario Oddyssy, Xenoblade 2 all support cloud backup.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo:
no servers, shitty ass NES games with Online, Voice Chat over a stupid smartphone App and MAYBE Cloud Saves

Me:

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck? Splatoon 2 is one of the biggest reasons why I want to get cloud saves, this is so stupid

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I really think people need to slow down here, it would be very strange if there was no way to back up saves for this game. It's very possible the game will be updated to sync your save data with the data on Nintendo's servers without using the OS cloud save feature.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK

Right but other than the save location, they may as well be local for all the good it does you when playing on different devices. As you say, perhaps part of the v6 firmware will enable functionality to share saved data between devices.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I think we should wait until the actual online implementation takes place before we call this inexcusable or insane. There's likely a Splatoon 2 update coming at the same as the Direct so it's possible they're adding some changes on how Splatoon profiles move from system to system. We have no idea.

Will probably be bad, just unsure how we are supposed to call something we haven't seen in action "insane".

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I've looked few more games and in most it says absolutely nothing about the cloud and only one specific one that can be used.

It is not something that is uniform so until it is not official I would not pay much attention to it.

OP
OP
atmuh

atmuh

Oct 25, 2017
I really think people need to slow down here, it would be very strange if there was no way to back up saves for this game. It's very possible the game will be updated to sync your save data with the data on Nintendo's servers without using the OS cloud save feature.
maybe, but this is what happens when you announce a service years in advance and say next to nothing about it all the way until the month of release