Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
img_starteredition.jpg

Nintendo of America said:
This special bundle includes the full game, a Splatoon 2 Splategy Guide and two sheets of Splatoon-themed stickers at a suggested retail price of only $59.99. That's the same price as the standalone game, so this new Starter Edition is a great value.

Source: Splatoon 2 website

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, the Zelda: Explorer Edition idea applied to Splatoon 2, I assume.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What's the value of strategy guide is if the game has like doubled it's selection of map, weapons and gear since release?
I'd assume it was made recently, & I wouldn't be surprised if it included details of the remaining maps before weapon/map DLC support is supposed to end this summer.

Basically, the Zelda: Explorer Edition idea applied to Splatoon 2, I assume.
Basically

Deleted member 21693

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They should include sticker sheets with every "enhanced edition" from now on and use the Labo lable for them.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem as interesting as the Zelda one which had some history besides BOTW stuff.

I'd be interested if the game already had the DLC in the cartridge but I'm guessing it's the same game as the launch version.
Man I LOVE the art aesthetic in Splatoon. So jazzy and cool!

It reeks of the late 90s/early 00's and I love it for that.

Oct 25, 2017
March 16 seems a bit late, but people should definitely give it a go.
Since it's a new SKU I *believe* it'll go up for pre order meaning you can get it for $48 which is actually cheaper than buying it now.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a decent value. Splatoon 2 is my favorite Switch game. GOTY 2017 for me since I couldn't get into Zelda and Mario. I want those stickers.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Starter edition makes it sound like a demo or partial game. Hope it doesn't lead to any confusion.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Neat, should give a nice boost to the game's sales in the west. Maybe the release date of 3/16 will coincide with the Pearl and Marina amiibo...

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I need it, but I already have a digital copy of the game :(

I'll probably buy it and then sell the physical copy.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Why does Nintendo keep doing this with Switch games??

Steelbook for Mario Kart Deluxe and BoTW Explorer Edition.

Like not only is it worse for digital owners but people who do buy retail and want those bonuses.

I bet theyre gonna do this for Bayo or Tropical Freeze next.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
That came out of nowhere.

I guess they are going to do this w/ major releases. Expecting SMO to get the similar sku later on.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I feel that I need to just sit here and truly appreciate the term "Splategy Guide".

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
Love this. As a kid I treasured strategy guides. I would imagine it can be hard orienting yourself in a 3D arena in a fast-paced pvp game like Splatoon 2 if you don't have a lot of gaming experience. Map layouts with strategy tips for specific spots would be awesome for something like this.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting! Definitely looks like they're in this game for the long haul.