• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
April will see 3.0 launch.

-100+ new pieces of gear
-3 new maps - 2 are returning from Splatoon 1 (Piranha Pit and Camp Triggerfish) and one brand new one, Wahoo World, released over the course of spring
-Rank X, a new ranked mode rank higher than S+
-If you meet "certain conditions," Callie will appear in Octo Canyon alongside Marie
-Two more songs for multiplayer

tumblr_p5aolmSFpg1u3akyno2_1280.png

tumblr_p5aolmSFpg1u3akyno1_1280.jpg

Octo Expansion releases this summer. It costs $20.

-80 new single player missions
-A brand new story where you play as Agent 8, an amnesiac Octoling in an underground facility
-Stories involving new and old Splatoon characters that apparently dive much deeper in the world's lore
-Beating it will unlock Octolings for use in multiplayer
-Prepurchase now and you get Octoling themed clothes

Japanese Octo Expansion trailer (it's basically the same as the English one)

The English Direct segment

Character art from the Japanese site:

Screenshots: http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-octo-expansion-upcoming-content-updates-screenshots/

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I think the only thing disappointing is they're making another higher rank, rather than (what I was sure) was going to be more Salmon Run features/objectives

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Should be mentioned in the title this is PAID DLC. It is not free like the rest of the game..

Which is fine by me, they've given enough support to earn that extra $20

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really liked that music video they had.

Super excited about playable Octolings and finally adding Callie to Octo valley(yeah it's a small detail but I love Callie.)

I'm loving the atmosphere of the hub area.

Oct 26, 2017
The song in this trailer was straight FIRE.

That aside, it's great to see Octolings finally be playable. I'll be getting this DLC!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The single player was great so I'll happily buy more of it.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
By far the hypest part of the direct. Amazing announcement video.

And isn't 80 areas more than in the base game? Well worth the money.

Last edited:

Smashwidget

Jan 3, 2018
So now there's a proper S+. I should probably get into the current S+ first before I say anything though... It's so hard to find ranked games in the U.S.

Singleplayer expansion is super hype, can't wait to find out what the hell's going on. Plus that music in the trailer was awesome

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The Splatoon stuff made me interested in finally trying the game out (outside of the brief demo of Splatoon that was available on Wii U ages ago).

Lyndis Lorca

Oct 25, 2017
Single player Splatoon is the best thing outside of Splatfests, I'm really looking forward to this.

Some really cool looking set pieces in this one.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Inkredible trailer. The next 3 maps will be a great lineup and the DLC looks to be exactly what people were hoping for. Once again Splatoon is GaaS done right with meaty expansions as the only micro-transactions.

OP
OP
Crushed

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, 80 missions? That's a huge chunk of content!

From the press release:

• New Single-Player Expansion Coming to Splatoon 2: The first paid DLC is coming to Splatoon 2 this summer. Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion adds a hefty new single-player mode that lets players play as new character Agent 8, an Octoling (!) with lost memories. The new single-player campaign features 80 missions, as well as new stories that shed new light on beloved characters. Players that complete the Octo Expansion campaign will unlock the ability to play as Octolings in multiplayer battles. While Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion launches this summer, players can pre-purchase the DLC starting today in Nintendo eShop to immediately receive Octo-themed in-game gear to use in battle right away. (The full version of the game is required to use DLC.)
  • Major Splatoon 2 Update: In April, Splatoon 2 is getting a major free update (Version 3.0) that contains 100+ new pieces of gear, more stages rolling out throughout spring (Piranha Pit, Camp Triggerfish and Wahoo World) and a new rank (Rank X). Rank X is an extreme rank, even higher than S+.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
Nintendo makes me so so happy. Like seriously, they bring a lot of joy into my life with updates like these. We have been wanting playable octolings since day 1. What an excellent update!

Bán

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was the only thing in the Direct where I was sure I'd buy it. Looks awesome. Splatoon 2 has been incredible from launch, and remains so.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some of those levels looked pretty crazy. I'm ready for some actual challenging singleplayer content

Aren't the Octolings'... uh, eyeliner bits supposed to be purple tho? They were purple in 1 atleast

Ohyeah, glad to have Camp Triggerfish returning too, wahoo

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
That was a hot trailer.

I really need to buy the game until this comes out. Everything looks great.

cloudyboy

Oct 27, 2017
80 mission seem massive! Currently I think there are 25 levels or so, if so the price is very cheap for such a DLC!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Single Player Octoling Story Mode? A 10th Rank for multiplayer? Yeah, Splatoon hijacking Directs again, but this was worth it. Big time.