• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just got back into this as well. Forgot how addictive the multiplayer is.

Didn't actually expect any form of new content after Christmas. Figured they would have moved on to their next project.

Not a complaint though, as I will likely pick this up too.
Didn't they say from the start that splatoon 2 would have new content for a year? And splatfests for two?

It's after that that it becomes a big question mark

Smashwidget

Jan 3, 2018
Didn't they say from the start that splatoon 2 would have new content for a year? And splatfests for two?

It's after that that it becomes a big question mark
They said they'd do new content for "at least a year" iirc and I seriously doubt the well of new maps and weapons is gonna run dry right after playable Octolings come out. I get the feeling they'll shift this game to a GaaS-ish model with new story expansions depending on how this one does.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Splatoon 2 is now gonna reach 10m sold easily. Japan will eat that playable octoling stuff like candy. I am on team 4+ million there and worldwide outside japan 6+ million sales.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
The new expansion might get me to buy the game.
tbh, nintendo's been great at updating the game.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
We need a "Splatoon Octo Expansion seems to be developing quite the fan art following already...." thread

halvvapoori

Oct 25, 2017
Amsterdam
Agent 8 what a queen! Walking that train like she's on a catwalk
5kLK1od.gif

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Locking the octolings behind a paywall is evil.

And smart.

Clever bastards
Sneaky bastards, smart way to earn money but keep the multiplayer game content open for everyone and not tear the community apart.

(doubt octolings will have a different gameplay style or advantages)

With Splatoon 3 they are probs included standardly (hopefully) Well they probs will sell a physical version with the dlc later too.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I should finish the single-player to get ready for this. Looks great.

Also, this has probably been asked a ton, but what's the difference between a squid and a octoling?

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Paid SINGLE PLAYER expansions.
I'd sooner pay for a SINGLE PLAYER Overwatch expansion that unlocked multiplayer cosmetics than pay for lootboxes.

The important takeaway here is that GaaS can work without microtransactions.

Being able to use the game as a vehicle to sell your consoles probably helps.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Redeem a bunch of Switch games for gold coins this afternoon and got the Splatoon 2 expansion for only a few bucks. Not too shabby.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Inklings are the winners of the ancient turf wars, and so they get to live above ground.

Octolings lost, so they're stuck below ground where they've devolved and become wicked.
To add:

Reason for this war is and was because sea levels are rising in the world and land is gettin scarce. That's why one group was droven underground after losin.

Edit:
Oops DP....

InkyVulture

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what's the deal with the off color Octolings?

Did Octolings always have ears this big? Aside from that I think Agent 8 doesn't look as polished as the other characters, but I can't quite put my finger on why. The ink tank is wonderful though.

But what's up with the heels and Marinas pants? I've recently been put off trying even a free demo for a Switch game since they sold bikini as a DLC outfit. Hopefully they adjust it some cause as it is I'm not happy about those design choices, but I do want the stages and Octoling for multi (where I can choose sensible shoes at least)...

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stoked for the expansion and Male Octoling. Hoping they'll have more than 1 hairstyle though.

The single player sounds massive. 80 missions. Wasn't Splatoon 2's only 30?