• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
-Splatoon 2 makes shitloads of money already
-Octolings have been done since splatoon 1
-Little to no new assets detected in the trailer

Why does nintendo need 1/3 of the full game's cost for this

Didn't you notice all the new NPC models? Or the New Mechanics (Like that Octoling Tree growing sequence?)? Plus it's 80 Stages of content, probably gonna be like 8-12 hours going by the base game's campaign + Replay value as needed.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
-Splatoon 2 makes shitloads of money already

Why does nintendo need 1/3 of the full game's cost for this
There were ahitloads of new art assets in the trailer, my dude. Also who do you think makes new levels, composed new music, writes new dialogue and programs new content? Game dev fairies?

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
080.jpg

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess i inked my splatzone after seeing this :(
Also Callie is finally truly back!

Bought the dlc right after used all my gold coins and got it for a tenner.....

Wich is a steal for all that new dlc content imo.

Octolings, 2 pac marina knew i chose the right girl as a tattoo, new story and more!

And then theres the big april update too!
Omgz.... I can't habdle this much Splatoon!

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Multiplayer shooter, PvE survival game, single-player platformer, rhythm game, and now apparently a Portal-like—Splatoon can do it all.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TD4ZK9L.jpg

Fan made but that's what the squid sister agents are supposed to look like kinda.

There was official artwork like that so it is about right.

Neiteio

ryechu

Oct 25, 2017

So called finished octolings in Splatoon 1. Basically the enemy octoling model complete with gltiched eyes, no tentacle animations, and clipping.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Guess i inked my splatzone after seeing this :(
Also Callie is finally truly back!

Bought the dlc right after used all my gold coins and got it for a tenner.....

Wich is a steal for all that new dlc content imo.

Octolings, 2 pac marina knew i chose the right girl as a tattoo, new story and more!

And then theres the big april update too!
Omgz.... I can't habdle this much Splatoon!
Wow how did you change your username?

Jan 11, 2018
Can't wait for the expansion. Contrary to most, the singleplayer is the main draw for me. I'm guessing the missions will be much shorter, but still... 80 is a lot!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Octo Expansion looks like it could practically be a standalone title. Didn't the campaign in Splatoon 2 have like 30 levels or something? And this has 80! :-O

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait for impressions on the Octo Expansion. It seems meaty enough for $20 and Jordan Amaro tweeted so I have faith.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
I never expected there would be additional single player content in this game. It looks amazing.

I'm so fucking in.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Octo Expansion looks like it could practically be a standalone title. Didn't the campaign in Splatoon 2 have like 30 levels or something? And this has 80! :-O
80!? Wat.... Holy Shit!

Honestly what excites me most is the new music. This should mean a few more Off the Hook tracks and maybe even a new squid sisters one. The one in the trailer already sounded awesome!

But wow does it sound meaty especially for the 10 euro's i got it for xd
(thanks gold coins)

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Not entirely stoked that you have to beat the SP to play as an Octoling in MP. That's just gonna make me wanna rush through it.

OP
OP
Crushed

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
giant isopods are called scary-cute in Japan afaik so it doesnt surprise me much, I like that they kept the abyssal people lighthearted though
I just realized now that the fact that they're underground on the subway means that the marine people who live there are all based on benthic animals like giant isopods, blob fish, and sea cucumbers.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Really digging the '80s cyberpunk vibe.

I can't get over how impressive this looks. It feels like a Splatoon 3.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really digging the '80s cyberpunk vibe.

I can't get over how impressive this looks. It feels like a Splatoon 3.
Splatmas came early....
And indeed never thought we would get single player dlc! But it's a real smart way to sell content that way imo, that way it does not hurt the multplayer game much.