• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft are in a difficult position because they made non-open world games like Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Zombi and stuff like that, and they simply didn't sell anywhere near as well as their open world titles. General audiences want open worlds. They don't want games like Deus Ex and Dishonored and Thief and stuff like that. We wouldn't be in such a pickle if people had actually bought SC: Blacklist, which was an absolutely incredible game. Shame on Ubisoft for not re-releasing it on modern consoles, which might have helped sales.

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for sam and his three buddies to explore russia. Taking down large threats and opening loot boxes.

I'm especially excited for the 3-year anniversary event Sam versus zombies

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For a second there thought I opened Amazon by mistake.

Anywho, hopefully it has a meaty single player campaign and it comes to PS4.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ubisoft are in a difficult position because they made non-open world games like Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Zombi and stuff like that, and they simply didn't sell anywhere near as well as their open world titles. General audiences want open worlds. They don't want games like Deus Ex and Dishonored and Thief and stuff like that. We wouldn't be in such a pickle if people had actually bought SC: Blacklist, which was an absolutely incredible game. Shame on Ubisoft for not re-releasing it on modern consoles, which might have helped sales.
I want all splinter sell games remastered for current gen consoles. But that's less likely than ME trilogy remaster from EA

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The best true stealth series returns.

I would love for a system like in Double Agent, given the political climate. Proper hush-hush spook stuff, assassinations and social media needs to be in it. I mean I love Metal Gear to bits, but in someway I've preferred the more realistic story approach for these games.

If this would be set on US soil, I would soil myself. But I doubt it, since we are getting Far Cry 5 anyway.

MrLPG

Dec 29, 2017
Oh boi, here we go. Kinda excited for this one, I would love to play another chapter of the series.

Who wanna bet that they will SOMEHOW include battle royale mode? :D

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming this isn't a user submitted item, the only way I can imagine them shipping a non-open world game is if it's basically a Spies vs Mercs focused product with a short campaign a la For Honor.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Splinter Cell needs a Tomb Raider style reboot. An OG trilogy style gameplay system with updated physics and lighting would be pretty hard to resist. Do it Ubi!

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. yes yes yes please Ubisoft.

As Ubi are in the mode of making long-lasting experiences, a "Live" game in the vein of Hitman 2016 would be fab. It could well be open world, which I'd be hesitant of but not entirely against.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming this isn't a user submitted item, the only way I can imagine them shipping a non-open world game is if it's basically a Spies vs Mercs focused product with a short campaign a la For Honor.
Either that, or they go the Hitman/Ground Zeroes route and make each level a separate stealth sandbox. Not open world, but not linear either.

Whitewatermoose

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2018
I'm not port begging. I wonder if Sam Fisher in Mario Rabbids was a nod to a new game coming.

I think Ghost Recon wildlands did the same thing.

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Something like Blacklist please.

But bring back Amon Tobin to do the soundtrack!
MichaelIronside_1654.jpg

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't need a Blacklist 2.0. Blacklist was an action-stealth game lacking an identity. It was similar to the originals in name only for the most part. Sure, it was more stealthy than Conviction, but that's not saying much. The originals were deliberately paced pure stealth games, which is a style that hasn't had a place in AAA gaming for two generations now, except for the new hitman which is an anomaly. I'd rather they reinvent the series like Siege than making yet another generic action-stealth game.

Oct 25, 2017
Bring it on.

Conviction was dog shit, but Blacklist was a step in the right direction even if it was Still a far cry from Chaos Theory and Gen 6 Double Agent.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
Oh yes. I like Splinter Cell. For me Watch Dogs was somehow a spiritual successor given it's stealth mechanics, but it's not the same thing.