• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
Yeah there were two, but one was The Division and the other I assume was the october/november release (WD3 probably).

Maybe AC, WD and SC start working in three years leaps like the COD teams.

They should let WD rest, it's time for Splinter Cell

tumblr_mrcmpb84Jw1sb7steo1_400.gif

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Please let this be true. Would love an open world stealth game set in a city or cities with lots of emergent systems-based gameplay. Just copying Hitman's successful formula would be wonderful as well.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never understood why people "want" games to be exclusive. Why is putting this game on less platforms a good thing?

Some people just thrive on salt.

Then again, exclusives mean that some funding got put into the game so it could increase the amount of risks the team could take (ie: Mario + Rabbids) but with MS/Sony, they just seem to pay to have the game out first on their console.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
PLEASE BE TRUE. Open world or not i dont care (I like open world so, i would prefer to see it in splinter cell take on, i would hope to be it so this one will have a less chance of flop, just reality of market nowadays)

Amazon leak mostly turned out to be true so.... well :D

Last edited:

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll go down the Hitman route with this and release new levels over time, it would fit with ubisoft going down the gaas route.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've never understood why people "want" games to be exclusive. Why is putting this game on less platforms a good thing?
Better way to push a system ahead of others. It's not like Sony and Nintendo don't do exactly the same. Splinter Cell is very much an Xbox title, so it would make sense for MS to try and grab it back.

It is a great idea from a business point of view and it will probably be play anywhere or crossplay with PC anyway.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I hope they take Blacklist and build from it. That's my favorite stealth game. The closest thing I ever was to play as Jason Bourne (well, there was the Bourne game... and I do believe Conviction took influence from it).

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
Yes! I love the Splinter Cell franchise. Being Ubsioft, I could see them doing the Ghost Recon Wildlands open world kind of thing, which could be good. But, I would love to see it to return to the tight level-by-level design.

ebsy

Feb 25, 2018
I remember the early ones being great. I haven't been overly impressed with Ubisoft recently but I'll reserve judgment on this possible new Splinter Cell until we get more information.

Oct 25, 2017
Clint Hocking the creative director of Chaos Theory rejoined Ubi back in 2015.

This could be his game.

Also Crossing Eden said that Micheal Ironside could be returning back on the old forum

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Chaos Theory 2 would be awesome. Less of previous tramp fisher. Need a return to the MP Spies VS Mercs.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
yes please!

more like SC, chaos theory, double agent (original xbox)
less like Pandora tomorrow, double agent (360) and conviction.

i'd settle for a blacklist sequel as a compromise.

Oct 27, 2017
Build off the back of Blacklist. Fucking wonderful game.

I'm replaying it and you can see how it would fit well into their GaaS design.

Oct 25, 2017
I want to be excited but I can't do it. There's no way they go back to the Splinter Cell roots of slowly and methodically working your way through a somewhat linear level, where it's not a stealth/action game but really a puzzle game where you play around with light and darkness.

The dream would be a Hitman-esque approach where you only get a handful of levels but you can approach them all in dozens of different ways so you're encouraged to revisit the same level over and over to see what cool/funny shit you can discover.

I have no interest in running around shooting people and throwing them into furniture in a Splinter Cell game, there are plenty of games that do that kind of thing already.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
I'm ready for another Blacklist, aka the best game in the franchise!
Blacklist was the best playing Splinter Cell to date. It took the movement and mechanics from Conviction and applied it to the classic Splinter Cell formula to create this hybrid which worked for me. While I always liked the Splinter Cell series, I always felt it was a little clunky/stiff in the way it played. Blacklist fixed that more me.

Regarding Conviction, I realize that many hardcore Splinter Cell fans despise it, but I will always defend it. While the Bourne-style combat isn't true Splinter Cell gameplay, I always felt that in the context of the story (avenging the death of his daughter), it made sense.

As for the Splinter Cell series, I think I would rather they did a soft reboot. Michael Ironside and his voice is not getting any younger. What I would like to see happen is introduce a new young up and coming field agent as the main protagonist, and have Sam mentor and train him/her. You could make an awesome co-op story mode (separate from the main) with this.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Blacklist was great, I can't wait! I wonder if it will be more open - because it could be like MGS Ground Zeroes for example. Could be neat.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
So scared that they fuck it up with how we pay for it, but if it's just a single package, no bullshit, and with Hocking back, this will instantly become my most anticipated game this year.

Luckydog

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Build off the back of Blacklist. Fucking wonderful game.

I'm replaying it and you can see how it would fit well into their GaaS design.

Wish they would make Blacklist back compat. My 360 is in storage and I was able to get the game real cheap, but just dont have a space for the system right now.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
If they have Ironside back and the game is more similar to the originals as opposed to the last two then I'm pretty much sold already.
I actually believe there's a better chance that the former happens than the latter.