• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
A blog (TheNerdMag) covered the appearance of Splinter Cell 2018 on Amazon Canada. The listing looks legit since it is an Ubisoft listing.

ySFjWIH.png

Also someone on r/XboxOne posted this picture:

4mdj981tail01.jpg

So what do you guys think? Now that MGS is over, do you think Splinter Cell will take the throne?

Mark and Execute me if old.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh fuck yes please.
Do a reboot to the original 3 games. The age where everyone blindly runs after that action money seem to be finally over.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I think Yves has talked about it enough for it to be true. I remember thinking the same about BGE last year.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully Clint Hocking is leading us back to the promised land

And if this is some kind of ruse, may Sam Fisher ram the head of whoever typed this through the nearest bathroom sink.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Heres hoping this is not some endless service game with micro transactions and loot boxes. Im hyped for this!

Shari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In my veins. NAO.

And with the recent ubisoft policy on making everything coop.. I can't even...

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I wish I could be excited by the prospect of an incoming Splinter Cell. But I know deep down that this new installment will just follow the standard Ubisoft formula to an absolute tee.

What I'd give for another game in the Chaos Theory/OG Xbox Double Agent mould.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I want to say that I hope they do it as Conviction, but I also love Pandora Tomorrow. Ah well, I'll consider myself lucky if we get a new game at all.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down for this.

I just hope they have a decent story. Blacklist's level design and gameplay was excellent but the story and main character were so bad it nearly tanked the whole game. Ghost Recon Wildlands story was so bad that it retroactively ruined the 20+ good hours I had with that game.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I am really happy to see that. But difficult to judge how the game is gonna be with how Ubi is nowadays,
I mean that not in a bad way. But i hope that focus on AC origins kind of way more then a Wildlands, For Honor kind of way and put alot of focus on MP.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Didn't last E3 they say that they still haven't worked on a plan on how they want to bring spinter cell back? Unless they were lying... which publishers usually do. Anyway, hope this doesn't go all Ubisoft open world, unless they are planning to follow mgs5 to a tee.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could be excited by the prospect of an incoming Splinter Cell. But I know deep down that this new installment will just follow the standard Ubisoft formula to an absolute tee.

What I'd give for another game in the Chaos Theory/OG Xbox Double Agent mould.
You just reminded me why I kept my 360 for so long, and still have my PS3.

Other games too but these are at the top of the list.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please no more "We designed these missions to be more fun when you're not stealthy...but you can be stealthy if you want!"

Yeah I can be stealthy in Halo games too. Just because it's an option doesn't make it a good stealth game. Stop with this half-added bullshit.

If this is real..... would be a day one for me!
I was skeptical too, but the listing is by Ubisoft official. If you actually click on it, then you'll see it takes you to their official store. It can't get any more real than this. This was how the Injustice 2 GOTY edition was revealed too, an early amazon listing.

EDIT: this was also how GTA premium edition was leaked. Amazon listing track records have been spot on so far and rarely ever been wrong!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now MGS is dead, we really need Splinter cell more then ever.

dezzyeight

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's back baby!!!! Hopefully it's a reboot. Need a young Sam Fisher.
Edit: Don't follow MGS5 please.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I really loved Blacklist but after what they did to Ghost Recon I can't say I would be excited for this unless I know they plan to keep it real.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I hope it's like the last two games because I really liked them.
God no. I just see some walk through of the last game. That's embarrassing tech wise. The walks animations are weird compared even the first. Don't know what it's happened with the last 2 chapters but Splinter Cell in the ps360 era it seems a lower budget release compared the past. Except Double Agent.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
Oh god please be true, and as much as people like to hate on the SC games after Chaos Theory I personally liked Conviction and Blacklist, Double Agent was pants though.

Blacklist was probably the closest to the originally trilogy, still way off though and I'm hoping for a new game that's similar to the OG trilogy.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Would love for this game to be Itch.io exclusive. A perfect get for them.

This will probably be an open world sp game a la MGS V.

MGSV was hardly open world in the ubisoft sense tho.
It didn't had any of that tower crawling, map icons unlocking, crafting materials collecting baggage Ubisoft games usually come with.
It was just a big playing field

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GAAS, the next Rainbow Six Siege. 15 operators. Compete in a variety of narrow environments with no escape from your opponents.

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how this franchise will fit into ubisofts recent games as a service initiative. The splinter cell franchise is one of my favorites of all time, so im all for it to have "live game" features with regular updates.