• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It great marvel is showing the full width of their universe. Can't wait until MUA 4 and they have shang chi and the eternals

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
After Secret Wars it is true that there were only three mutant comics and there was a clear push to the Inhumans but it does not make sense to hate them for that. They have a rich history and good characters before all that.

Imagine saying "Man, the X-men have it so bad. They only have 3 team books!"

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So if we get events who else wants a 70's one with all the older characters getting their classic looks? (Including school Girl Gwen XD) or a classic avengers costume one

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Imagine saying "Man, the X-men have it so bad. They only have 3 team books!"
Taking into account all the comics they had before and the huge roster they have ... Yes, 3 were few. I mean, Peter Parker right now has more comics than that. Peter Parker, not counting the rest of Spider-men.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Taking into account all the comics they had before and the huge roster they have ... Yes, 3 were few. I mean, Peter Parker right now has more comics than that. Peter Parker, not counting the rest of Spider-men.
Yeah, spider-man also sells like three times as much as the x-men.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
A bit sad Ant Man doesn't seem to be playable, especially since we also thought he might make it into MvC back in the day. I always assumed it was just tough to implement that kind of power-set into a game that wasn't dedicated to him, but then Wasp is here so I guess that wasn't a roadblock.

Really want an MCU-based skin for Valkyrie though. But I'm not surprised she's got her usual look here, if they weren't going to adjust Gamora and Drax for their MCU looks they weren't going to do it for her.

Surprised it took this long to get any confirmation of Vision, I think he was in the original trailers.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yeah, spider-man also sells like three times as much as the x-men.

All discussion is absurd, right now HOX / POX is the new era for the mutants and the writer himself has said that they will return to be a central piece in Marvel. Hickman has admitted that the franchise has been mistreated in recent years.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kirby didn't create Stripperella.

You know exactly what I was getting at.

The Inhumans are fine, I guess, but maybe a pack of incestuous space racists can't run a whole corner of the Marvel U the way the X-Men did. Matt Fraction's pitch for Game of Thrones in Space would have appealed to the core strengths of the Inhumans and instead they got turned into diet Mutants. Then again we got Kamala Khan and Lunella Lafayette out of it, so it wasn't all bad.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Does anyone have any recommendations for an actual good Cyclops storyline? My main exposure to him is through the movies and cartoons, where he's a tool, and tangential X-Men exposure in the late eighties/early nineties where everyone else was a much more interesting character.

Things I know about Cyclops:
  1. Eye Beams cannot start fires because they are actually energy from the punch dimension.
  2. Hit his head on a rock and now his brain/eyes are busted.
  3. Dad is a space pirate.
  4. Wolverine (who is cool) is also irritated by him.

rsz_bdo2t_2173.png

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You know exactly what I was getting at.

The Inhumans are fine, I guess, but maybe a pack of incestuous space racists can't run a whole corner of the Marvel U the way the X-Men did. Matt Fraction's pitch for Game of Thrones in Space would have appealed to the core strengths of the Inhumans and instead they got turned into diet Mutants. Then again we got Kamala Khan and Lunella Lafayette out of it, so it wasn't all bad.

They're not space racists. And that incest thing always gets thrown around due to dumb as hell misinfo

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Does anyone have any recommendations for an actual good Cyclops storyline? My main exposure to him is through the movies and cartoons, where he's a tool, and tangential X-Men exposure in the late eighties/early nineties where everyone else was a much more interesting character.

1. Eye Beams cannot start fires because they are actually energy from the punch dimension.

rsz_bdo2t_2173.png
Astonishing X-Men by Whedon.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017

rsz_bdo2t_2173.png

Joss Whedon's run is probably your best sell on the character.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping to open this thread and see The Punisher listed. :(

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Both Punisher and Moon Knight are a given for Marvel Knights. I'm curious about who else will be in that pack, though.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Hell yeah at the spoiler people below the datamined peeps. That's all I really wanted to finish out my 4 man squad.