• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo... maybe the Third Parties are getting two characters each this time?

Yes I posted this just to wrap around back to Geno and I'm not sorry.
If Square gets another character in it won;t be Geno. They'll want someone to promote a franchise that they're currently selling like a DQ character.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying we'd be getting a Belmont representative ever since the bread crumbs started piling up.

Konami funds a Castlevania anime without a new game in sight.
Castlevania on the NES Classic.
Super Castlevania on the SNES Classic.
Super Bomberman R sells well and gets Castlevania representation
Snake returns to Smash
Bomberman in Smash as an Assist Trophy
Castlevania anime second season in October

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Think of all the possible assist trophies

-Alucard
-Sypha
-Grant
-Maria
-Just some old skeleton tossing bones
-Medusa heads
-Slogra and Gaibon
-Giant Bat
-Axe armor
-Dracula
Hell yeah, I'm also imagining a Mega Man-esque final smash that is just like a 3d version of the Greatest Five.

latest

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
So my idea is trailer shows a recreation of the end of OoT, but with Ganondorf standing above a fallen Link and Zelda. Suddenly vampire killer plays and Simon attacks Ganondorf. Since Dracula and Ganondorf are both 魔王 (Demon King).

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
So my idea is trailer shows a recreation of the end of OoT, but with Ganondorf standing above a fallen Link and Zelda. Suddenly vampire killer plays and Simon attacks Ganondorf. Since Dracula and Ganondorf are both 魔王 (Demon King).
This would be cool. Making it Zelda-themed would also feel like a nice complement to the Samus-centric Ridley trailer.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Was hoping tomorrow's character would be a surprise, but it'll be nice to get the leaked character out of the way and leave every future reveal a surprise.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
This is like that moment in the second Lord of the Rings movie where Gandalf returns on the mountain wreathed in heavenly light, only it's not Gandalf but Konami

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's never been a limit on how many characters a third party can have. Capcom already has two, for example.

Yeah but I'm thinking, maybe, the ones that don't have a second character will get one, while no one gets a third.

If Square gets another character in it won;t be Geno. They'll want someone to promote a franchise that they're currently selling like a DQ character.

Geno has been noted by Sakurai to be a popular request, on top of the man himself wanting to put Geno into Brawl. Given how much of a nightmare it apparently was just getting Cloud in, I don't think it's impossible that they go with a character like Geno. Not like Capcom was using Mega Man, Namco Pac-Man, or Konami Snake and Simon right now.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
What if this is just Castlevania music being added to the game?
Maybe, but Pac-Man is the only third party character who has various company stuff associated with him like the Galaga song, and that's because they sort of treat him as a personification of Namco's arcade days all around with references to Mappy, Galaga, etc.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, what are the odds of that on the eve of a broadcast where a character reveal is nearly guaranteed, amidst otherwise accurate rumors that have also included Simon?
I would laugh hard if this ended up being a music update with a generic icon and we got a totally different character announced.

Castlevania is spooky... Ashley is spooky... CONNECT THE DOTS

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
lmao well there goes k. rool and chibi-robo hopes

at least we'll get some info on modes probably

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
I need to pour some holy water into my eyes to make me forget I'd seen that. Damn, why did I click?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the Castlevania stage will have candles you can destroy to drop items

I'm also thinking they could do something like Castle Siege where you start outside, maybe by the drawbridge or in the village with the castle in the background silhouetted against the moon, and then it transitions to inside Dracula's throne room, or maybe the clocktower with gears and medusa heads

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Well I just went from Completely shocked to just mild shock with this. Better get Patrick Stewart on standby...

Still, Simon in Smash is going to be a delight. ^__^

strideredge

Oct 25, 2017
So character reveal trailer is going to have Luigi with Pultergust approaching the castle gates right?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The good news is Simon was the most rumored/leaked character, so now that he's out of the way we can move on to new surprises.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Like Incineroar, who's almost definitely going to be in.

*sobs*
Hey, Incineroar is the other character that's been appearing in the Simon leaks lately

Vergeben (or whatever his name is) was right about everyone so far, and he said a source straight-up told him Incineroar is the Pokemon rep

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, Incineroar is the other character that's been appearing in the Simon leaks lately

Vergeben (or whatever his name is) was right about everyone so far, and he said a source straight-up told him Incineroar is the Pokemon rep

I believe it, it's just that Incineroar is awful.

PockyWitch

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck! These leaks are getting me so pumped. Won't even be disappointed if nothing from those leaks is real, but the hype is back, hoping for something.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was pretty much rumored for months but there it is. Now put Erdrick as a DQ representant for SE and another character from Bamco to be perfect in the third party realm

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
What design do you all think we'd get of Belmont? I feel like I'm not even 100% of what a 'default look' Simon is after so many redesigns and reimaginings..

Status
Not open for further replies.