• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Gorosei Demon design

• Saturn (Gyuki - spider)

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Jupiter (sandworm)

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • Mars (Itsumade - bird)

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Mercury (Hoki - boar)

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Venus (Bakotsu - horse)

Votes: 94 53.1%

• Total voters

Apzu

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
I wonder if sea levels rising will have anything to do with the Red Line. Would be a neat way to tie down that theory that the gorosei created the red line, as the explanation could build form what was already mentioned back in Wano and just expanding that idea to a wider region.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if sea levels rising will have anything to do with the Red Line. Would be a neat way to tie down that theory that the gorosei created the red line, as the explanation could build form what was already mentioned back in Wano and just expanding that idea to a wider region.
Would definitely explain why the red line is so tall compared to all other land masses

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There was a theory by a japanese translator that the ancient kingdom lost due to a great flood of biblical levels and that world is sinking like a year ago.. there sre appearently lots of clues to that in the wordplays already. They even had the letter of Lilly completed to the likes of "hold the flag of the dawn in a world that is sinking"

So hyped for finally learning more about the OP world

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
So in light of these spoilers, along with the fact that the Mother Flame is causing the sea levels to rise, I have to wonder....what exactly is that thing doing?

It looks like it bombards the ground itself, creating a huge crater, but if that were the case, it shouldn't cause the sea level to rise. There's a big hole after all, water should be going into it to fill it up. But if water cant actually get into the hole, then it would be displaced elsewhere, causing the sea level to rise...but then there would be some weird giant invisible barrier at the site of the holes.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024
So in light of these spoilers, along with the fact that the Mother Flame is causing the sea levels to rise, I have to wonder....what exactly is that thing doing?

It looks like it bombards the ground itself, creating a huge crater, but if that were the case, it shouldn't cause the sea level to rise. There's a big hole after all, water should be going into it to fill it up. But if water cant actually get into the hole, then it would be displaced elsewhere, causing the sea level to rise...but then there would be some weird giant invisible barrier at the sight of the holes.

Guess the mother flame has a devil fruit, upgraded gravity fruit style

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
With the rising sea levels being a thing, I'm thinking Laugh Tale might be on the bottom of the ocean somewhere.

It could be an Ancient Kingdom city that got sunk the first time the WG pulled this stunt, but wasn't completely destroyed

Heck, thinking about it now, the Ancient Kingdom might just be Atlantis

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
To add to the clues about this don't forget about Water 7.

It looks like it bombards the ground itself, creating a huge crater, but if that were the case, it shouldn't cause the sea level to rise. There's a big hole after all, water should be going into it to fill it up. But if water cant actually get into the hole, then it would be displaced elsewhere, causing the sea level to rise...but then there would be some weird giant invisible barrier at the site of the holes.
That depends on how those holes work. Is the water falling into a hole deeper than the sea floor? Is it falling into the core of the planet and being ejected back into the ocean via knock up streams?

Since the holes never fill up that means the water has to be going somewhere. And since the holes are more voluminous than the islands that were once there the displacement would make sea levels rise.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

Look at Enies Lobby.

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
this is such an obvious (in retospect) yet to satisfying reveal, we could have figured it out ourselves.

from aqua lagona in water 7 the constatly risng sea levels and it being ner enie lobby which is identical to lulusia.

to the celesial dragons being on the safest point in the world, forever out of reach of the ocean.

to wano being built wierd like it is

as fow the mother fllames works if i had to guess it is constant stream of conucssive forceforcing the water to move

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
this is such an obvious (in retospect) yet to satisfying reveal, we could have figured it out ourselves.

from aqua lagona in water 7 the constatly risng sea levels and it being ner enie lobby which is identical to lulusia.

to the celesial dragons being on the safest point in the world, forever out of reach of the ocean.

as fow the mother fllames works if i had to guess it is constant stream of conucssive forceforcing the water to move
Also Alabasta being on a higher plateau
Allied cities of the old kingdom fleeing to the skies (shandora)

psyrus

Aug 10, 2023

Also maybe Impel Down wasn't always under water.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Morgans shook at discovering what will someday be the advent of cable news

I wonder why Saturn isn't just freezing everyone with his ability, is there a reason besides the plot demanding it? The weakling trio (and Brook) probably won't accomplish much here, but at least they're trying

EDIT: beaten, lol

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that the Elders don't seem to fear being killed by the power plant exploding. Their immortality must be the real deal.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I remain convinced the immortality is linked to Imu in some way, so the elders might be unstoppable until Imu enters the scene.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Saw someone on reddit point out but this is probably also connected to why Noah existed. In fact wouldn't be shocked if something like this happened before during the void century. Hell, maybe the islands that exist now are the remains of what was left above sea after previous flooding similar to the setting of the Wind Waker. If the weapon used on Lulusia was indeed Uranus and the motherflame is just a power source needed to operate it, it seems likely and we already know of at least one likely candidate where it could've been used in the past with Ennies Lobby

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Love that the non-Monster Trio Strawhats are doing their thing here. Love it so much. Robin has amazing friends.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt Saturn not using his freezing, or head exploding, or poison nukes, is for any particular reason other than the plot just can't let him kill everyone there. He'll just menacingly try to claw at the SHs most likely.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
The Strawhats immediately jumping in to protect each other always warms my heart.
They were probably terrified until they realized that Saturn was responsible for Ohara and was after Robin. Then all that fear went out the window.

It gives me Enies Lobby vibes. I love it.

Side note: did we know Saturn was directly responsible/present for Ohara being wiped out, or is that new info?

Apr 9, 2024
Hell yes to not seeing Luffy, Jinbei, and Zoro. Love them all to death but god it feels good to see the other strawhats shine for a chapter

also, Imu more like Himu

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So do we think the "two sins" Vegapunk alludes to are just researching the ancient kingdom and messing with the pacifista hierarchy, or do we think there might be something else as well?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
how come saturn didnt use his mystical eye powers and head explode all of them

I sure that even the weak trio can tank that move even if it hurt them bonney tank it .
It more why he not even using eye powers to keep them still.
Which of course is pure plot lol .

EDIT forget to mention that they don't even care if they lose everyone there even a admiral once again show how little they care about people .

Last edited:

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
That sanji panel is fire , Sanji jump off fastest elder we see sword and kick him face while carrying dead VP. With any sort of power up .
Yeah he get bite afterward but that also thanks to the dead VP but that don't take away that awesome shit.
Bonney also turn giant like luffy , DF really is crazy .
The other SH holding off Saturn looking like pure chaos lol.
But need the info for next week.

Last edited:

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, didn't realize Nami & the Straw Hats protecting Robin would happen that quickly. Nami instantly sensed Robin was both traumatized and in danger, and everyone followed her lead and sprung into action.

Sanji's looked like a million dollars this arc too. So far, he's blocked a light beam from Kizaru, blocked an attack from Saturn, and gotten a big hit on Nsujuro. Zoro fought Lucci, but Sanji's been clutch over the past few chapters (other than letting Vegapunk die).

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Sanji parried a slash from Nusjuro before kicking him too in the panel and he was still carrying Vegapunk's corpse. It looks like he only even got bit because of the corpse, Nusjuro stocks falling or Sanji stocks skyrocketing

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Sanji parried a slash from Nusjuro before kicking him too in the panel and he was still carrying Vegapunk's corpse. It looks like he only even got bit because of the corpse, Nusjuro stocks falling or Sanji stocks skyrocketing

Sanji stocks should always be high , yes they go up and own some what but they will high end stocks .
Also this sanji with no power ups .

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Saturn being the guy who talked with Clover is so strange given the framing of the shots of the Elders in the manga and the anime back then very clearly implied it was Mars talking, with JuPeter ordering Clover killed. Saturn's "outline" wasn't even there, it was Mars, Warcury, and JuPeter. Worse, the anime just redid the Ohara scenes during Shaka's talk about the Ohara Buster Call and it had Mars's VA do the lines

Man, Saturn put his fingers in everyone's peanut butter then, huh?
He handled God Valley
He experimented on Ginny
He gave Bonney her Fruit powers
He ordered Kuma to be reconstructed
He killed Vegapunk....'s body (probably?)
And now he's the one that ordered Ohara destroyed

In a couple of weeks we'll find out he pushed Gaimon into the chest

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Saturn being the guy who talked with Clover is so strange given the framing of the shots of the Elders in the manga and the anime back then very clearly implied it was Mars talking, with JuPeter ordering Clover killed. Saturn's "outline" wasn't even there, it was Mars, Warcury, and JuPeter. Worse, the anime just redid the Ohara scenes during Shaka's talk about the Ohara Buster Call and it had Mars's VA do the lines

Man, Saturn put his fingers in everyone's peanut butter then, huh?
He handled God Valley
He experimented on Ginny
He gave Bonney her Fruit powers
He ordered Kuma to be reconstructed
He killed Vegapunk....'s body (probably?)
And now he's the one that ordered Ohara destroyed

In a couple of weeks we'll find out he pushed Gaimon into the chest
Screenshot_2024-04-25_at_02-23-39_One_Piece_Chapter_395_TCB_Scans.png

That's Saturn

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
That sanji panel is fire , Sanji jump off fastest elder we see sword and kick him face while carrying dead VP. With any sort of power up .
Yeah he get bite afterward but that also thanks to the dead VP but that don't take away that awesome shit.
Bonney also turn giant like luffy , DF really is crazy .
The other SH holding off Saturn looking like pure chaos lol.
But need the info for next week.

I just love how Sanji doesn't think twice and goes for stronger enemies to protect his friends. It reminds me of how he took on Doflamingo.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
While the action was short, seeing the Straw Hats fight the elders was great and meaningful. Oda could have easily made them panic and I would have believed it, because the elders are scary as shit. Instead the confrontation get forced and *everyone* steps up to the plate.

Sanji straight up taking the initiative and kicking Nusjuro was metal.

It has been the G5 show thus far and I think this was a much needed chapter to show that, with teamwork, the others aren't powerless against the elders. Luffy doesn't need to carry them at all times.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Actually an anoucement that wasn't something we knew (like telling the world about Imu or something like that). The motherflame is not only a weapon, but probably also instrumental to make sea levels rise. Makes sense why the gorosei can't go «fuck it, let's nuke the place». The motherflame is the plan. York wanting to become a celestial dragon also makes more sense now. She knows the sea will rise and wants a spot on top of the red line.