• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Gorosei Demon design

• Saturn (Gyuki - spider)

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Jupiter (sandworm)

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Mars (Itsumade - bird)

Votes: 38 21.8%
  • Mercury (Hoki - boar)

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Venus (Bakotsu - horse)

Votes: 91 52.3%

• Total voters

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Yeah the countdown is already getting annoying.

Remember when the chapter ended with Vegapunk's broadcast? And we were all, like, Oda's gonna drop the mother of all bombs next week? That's several months ago. Good times.

This chapter, too. Something catches Mars's eye and he looks up. I guess it could be possible that we see what it is and it wasn't included in the spoilers. But it's likely yet another cliffhanger. I'm begging Oda to just show it for once.
I agree the cliffhangers can get repetitive, but I'm surprised people thought the "Vegapunk announcement" would lead to much. It's a classic case of announcing something beforehand only to pull the rug out from under.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Nusjuro is clearly a swordsmen from character design, having a special blade, and the way we've seen him fight so far, Fuji is literally a play on the blind samurai, but King and Big Mom aren't swordsmen because they don't have that fighting style, they don't rely on sword attacks for close range
Not just any blind samurai, he's a directly based on Zatoichi specifically the one played by the actor Shintaru Katsu

zatoichi2.jpg

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Zoro is with Jinbei and right now they're going to the rest of the Strawhats who are with the Sunny trying to get down. The only way Zoro clashes with Nusjuro is if the Sunny comes down and then he jumps off and clashes which I doubt.

I'm expecting Usopp and Nami to do some plan to get the Sunny down but as for Zoro, nah. Doubt we're getting a clash. Nusjuro will probably see the Iron Giant and go fight it.

Last edited:

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
while this all sounds cool, I don't know what of these made Redon say "the 3 weeks break has been worth it"

Chapter sounds pretty much in line wirh the last ones
Ah yes falling for the leakers hype and getting disappointed by the written summary a tale as old time.

Just don't listen to leakers and read the full summary

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes falling for the leakers hype and getting disappointed by the written summary a tale as old time.

Just don't listen to leakers and read the full summary
Amen to that. Especially Redon. He says 90% of the chapters are "OMG HYPE YOU DIDNT SEE THAT COMING" damn near every week. One Piece has some terrible leakers.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Amen to that. Especially Redon. He says 90% of the chapters are "OMG HYPE YOU DIDNT SEE THAT COMING" damn near every week. One Piece has some terrible leakers.

But as sad as it is he still best OP leaker since he don't go out of his way to lie in the summary .
Like how people lie when we get early spoilers or try make things seem worst or better than they are.
If they don't like or like certain characters or groups in early spoilers.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I just wonder how many chapters of Egghead are left. I've loved the arc because most of the time it's been hitting hard, but it's gone longer than I thought it would.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I just wonder how many chapters of Egghead are left. I've loved the arc because most of the time it's been hitting hard, but it's gone longer than I thought it would.

7 chapter flashback and 10 chapters of the out side world make it longer but i don't think got more than 10 or so chapters unless Oda go lore crazy with VP message.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
But as sad as it is he still best OP leaker since he don't go out of his way to lie in the summary .
Like how people lie when we get early spoilers or try make things seem worst or better than they are.
If they don't like or like certain characters or groups in early spoilers.

I remember earlier in Egghead we had a leaker with a Sanji agenda or something for a week or two.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking 7 at most, none of the Gorosei are going down since the Strawhats are in escape mode and Vegapunks speech should just take one chapter since it isn't a flashback

grand

Oct 25, 2017
But Redon never says this. Even this week's comment is Pew quoting Redon off site. If Redon wanted to hype a chapter, he would post on twitter or apforums or worstgen or his own forums. Not tell someone on discord that a chapter was worth it lol

I'll never understand the vitriol towards Redon besides assuming it's envy. He's the best situation for a leaker: consistent, accurate and knows how to toe the line to avoid Shueisha's anger. And in exchange he posts some vague gifs on twitter to drive the engagement he otherwise forgoes entirely by posting chapter summaries on forums. He doesn't even promote his own forums!

Like, one piece spoilers would be unbearable if we didn't have Redon's summary providing the accurate info every week. It reminds me of when people hated on Stephen Paul back in the day when he refused to post his translations until after the scanlations, even though he was the only source of accurate info in the shitty fan scanlation days.

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
It's jealous people who want him to put himself at risk to get closer to instant gratification, then started firing at him. He's still a trusted source, just has reached the levels of I do what I fucking want because the jealous people would be mad at him no matter what he does.

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
Didn't he get mad at some point when others leaked and he refused to out out summaries and all that?

Sure there was some dumb shenanigans surrounding him either way.
Nah that's because they were leaking way too early, which caused shuisha to crack down in leaker.

So it was self preservation rather than being pety

convo

Oct 25, 2017
So full summary is out. I think what the bubble sound effects indicate is that Mars is looking at maybe Vegapunks/Punkrecords giant brain-in-a-jar where all his knowledge is stored. Something real crazy must happen for Nusjuro to step away from the giants' ship in the coming chapters. 1 Minute left with the guy basically on the verge on stopping the broadcast but who knows what's actually going to happen next.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow so Warcury's body/skin in his beast form is seemingly stronger than even Kaido's since the Red Roc Luffy uses hurts himself in the process. Jeez lol

If the broadcast isn't getting stopped I think we've got one more chapter to go and then it's time

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oda really spent a couple panels setting up those Vice Admirals coming after Bonney and then they just got instantly wrecked lmao. Common Franky W.

Warcury no-selling a hit from (non-Gear 5) Luffy aint a bad feat compared to how Saturn was just sandbagging

Edison might not make it either? Geez, nothing better happen to Lilith or Atlas, I swear

Foolish

Jun 23, 2022
So a "small 'voice'" was heard, and the elder heard a bubbling/liquid sound effect? I'm putting odds on it someone being suspended in a liquid tank. But who...?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Okay chapter to move things forward and have the SH now in trouble with elders getting to them.
Big thing is for certain what mars see since he so close to shunting down the message.

I know it's shonen but attack and defense are still not the same, I'm not sure we can draw such conclusions after 1 hit

Seeing the raw people for certain going to see it that way or at least top of his head got crazy defence lol
Luffy punch him right on top his head and hurt his hand which look funny in raw but also crazy .

Side note you know the SH going get save but the Elders really on point with how they doing stuff .
The basically have all SH group in trouble and in less than 9 mins while also near stopping the message.

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing the raws we can rule out the Iron Giant, what Mars is seeing is most likely something Vegapunk left to defend the signal, it could be a new Seraphim

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the raws we can rule out the Iron Giant, what Mars is seeing is most likely something Vegapunk left to defend the signal, it could be a new Seraphim
It's a bubble sound effect and Punk Records is Vegapunk's brain. Like, it never really made sense how Vegapunk was planning to leave his brain behind or how killing him wouldn't deactivate his devil fruit. Remember that right before he "died", Vegapunk said that he changed his mind about leaving because he had something to protect. Well no more literal way of doing that than abandoning his fleshy mortal coil to move his consciousness back into his brain.

Braininvat.jpg

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Elbaf has to be a training arc. No way Oda lets this crew stumble toward the finish line.
Lot of the weaker Straw Hats need power ups. Guys like Zoro and Sanji are one power up from being admiral level but people like Usopp feel so far away from guys who they're going to fight like Van Auger that it's actually ridiculous.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
With Franky beating a vice admiral I'll say that now say that each Strawhat (even the weaker ones) can probably take one down. The non-Monster Trio are stronger than people give them credit for. VAs ain't shit these days. Franky embarrassed dude.

The last 2 pages are the wildest to me. You've got Usopp on guard as Saturn's made it up there with Nami and Chopper just looking (get in fighting position yall), you've got Nusjuro about to showing up in front of Franky and Bonney. This shit is another level of scary when Luffy ain't around. This is nuts.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Usopp is honestly the only one who NEEDS something, anything. He desperately needs the power-up in Elbaf, hopefully that's what Oda's been waiting for

Luffy and his three Yonko Commanders are obviously fine

Franky's a boss, but it'd be nice if Oda would give him some new weapons instead of just spamming Radical Beam

Robin's got her Devil attack

Brook... eh, he barely fights but has ice powers, he can manage

Nami has Zeus

Chopper's a bum and a one-trick pony these days, but I guess Monster Point is enough

Meanwhile Usopp can't have shit, five seconds of Haki ages ago is pathetic. He should have found a way to beat Page One, but Oda took the lame way out.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
"Suddenly, Mars hears something strange (ゴボボ japanese sound effect, that is used for bubbles or liquids). Mars looks up and observes something with serious face…."

After seeing the raws I'm not sure this is an accurate reading of the panels... That sound effect is happening in every panel so it seems like just lab sounds, and Mars doesn't look like he's reacting to something, he's just serious about what he's about to do.

Oct 25, 2017
Elbaf has to be a training arc. No way Oda lets this crew stumble toward the finish line.
I've been saying this since whole cake. Luffy,zoro,sanji,Jinbe, franky and robin fine(I'd like some upgrades for the latter two) but.

Usopp and nami needed big mom for page 1&ulti(this is with nami getting not one but three upgrades starting from zou to wano)

Chopper hasn't done fuck all fighting wise so who knows

Brook fights fodder so can't tell you where he's at strength wise(yes yes big mom soul counter yada)

I don't believe for a second these guys can mess with BB crew without some power ups soon

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Lot of the weaker Straw Hats need power ups. Guys like Zoro and Sanji are one power up from being admiral level but people like Usopp feel so far away from guys who they're going to fight like Van Auger that it's actually ridiculous.

Most of the weaker SH find .
Franky out taking hits from a admiral and taking out VA.
Robin is find with her DF and also got Fiskman shit to fall back on .
Brook don't really fight but i sure his soul power will take care of the job and chopper got monster point that should able take most mid tier people .
Ussop need a power up but then you can just give him better haki and make the van match up easier since van don't look like a tank .

I've been saying this since whole cake. Luffy,zoro,sanji,Jinbe, franky and robin fine(I'd like some upgrades for the latter two) but.

Usopp and nami needed big mom for page 1&ulti(this is with nami getting not one but three upgrades starting from zou to wano)

Chopper hasn't done fuck all fighting wise so who knows

Brook fights fodder so can't tell you where he's at strength wise(yes yes big mom soul counter yada)

I don't believe for a second these guys can mess with BB crew without some power ups soon

Nami should be find cause i doubt devon with be a crazy tank like ulti and the last power up in wano was huge as living weapon for nami .

With Franky beating a vice admiral I'll say that now say that each Strawhat (even the weaker ones) can probably take one down. The non-Monster Trio are stronger than people give them credit for. VAs ain't shit these days. Franky embarrassed dude.

The last 2 pages are the wildest to me. You've got Usopp on guard as Saturn's made it up there with Nami and Chopper just looking (get in fighting position yall), you've got Nusjuro about to showing up in front of Franky and Bonney. This shit is another level of scary when Luffy ain't around. This is nuts.

The elders are impressive , the message is the important thing but they not all rushing to stop it and leave it to mars .
Show they got full confidence mars can deal with shit while they deal with other issues like helping the marines and making sure no one leave the island.
By the end of the chapter the marines totally free since all the PX3 KO and all the SH groups about to face a elder \ run into one when they get to where have to go .
All of this in 9 mins , yeah we know the SH will escape but elders don't mess around with getting shit done .

Last edited:

grand

Oct 25, 2017
"Suddenly, Mars hears something strange (ゴボボ japanese sound effect, that is used for bubbles or liquids). Mars looks up and observes something with serious face…."

After seeing the raws I'm not sure this is an accurate reading of the panels... That sound effect is happening in every panel so it seems like just lab sounds, and Mars doesn't look like he's reacting to something, he's just serious about what he's about to do.
One Piece primarily uses that sound effect to represent being underwater so it's fairly out of place for this scene and meant to draw confusion/speculation

DC3BSv4.png

DrFZn7k.png

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are going to be pissed to see the weaker Strawhats not needing much to compete with the Blackbeard Pirates compared to the Monster Trio who seem to get power-ups each arc.

Usopp only needs Yasopp's level Observation Haki which he will get since this is a Shonen manga. People keep saying they can't see him competing with Van Auger but he's the easiest one to see. He doesn't need some new offensive power since his current stuff can easily stop a speeding Sunny and damage Gifters with their tough Zoan bodies. Van Auger is a regular dude with a strong DF, Future Sight and a sniper like Usopp is his worst opponent. He can predict where he'll be and clap him.

Chopper's biggest issue is his cowardice. Usopp this chapter is the only one out of their entire group actually aiming at a Gorosei ready to attack while Chopper and Nami are scared. All Chopper will do is not be afraid, take out some special Rumble Ball and he's good. It ain't gonna be much.

Nami, all she'll have is a stronger Climatact+Zeus due to Usopp helping upgrade it. That's all she needs. Damn near every Nami power-up arc starts with her saying Usopp upgraded her weapon. It ain't changing.

All the others are good.