• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Gorosei Demon design

• Saturn (Gyuki - spider)

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Jupiter (sandworm)

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Mars (Itsumade - bird)

Votes: 38 21.8%
  • Mercury (Hoki - boar)

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Venus (Bakotsu - horse)

Votes: 91 52.3%

• Total voters

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The elders are impressive , the message is the important thing but they not all rushing to stop it and leave it to mars .
Show they got full confidence mars can deal with shit while they deal with other issues like helping the marines and making sure no one leave the island.
By the end of the chapter the marines totally free since all the PX3 KO and all the SH groups about to face a elder \ run into one when they get to where have to go .
All of this in 9 mins , yeah we know the SH will escape but elders don't mess around with getting shit done .
I like how the Gorosei are all working together little by little and even now we're seeing them interact with the other Strawhats which is needed. Everybody's bounties are increasing after this arc. Even though we know they'll all escape I look forward to seeing them all mess around with Saturn even for a little bit. Nami and Chopper will probably go to the ship and get ready to jump off but for Usopp (since he's actually about to attack Saturn), Zoro and Jinbe (who are both showing up), Brook probably, it'll be some fun pages before they find a way to distract Saturn and jump off in the Sunny. I'm just glad the others are interacting with them rather than just Luffy because it was the "Luffy Show" for a while now. Let alone Franky, Bonney and probably Sanji about to interact with Nusjuro, it's awesome.

And Mars is here handling business. These are very efficient enemies lol. That's what I enjoy the most about the Gorosei.

Yeah they look cool but these dudes are actually accomplishing tasks quicker than anyone in the WG. They're at the top for a reason.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
When Sanji came back with all those recipes and him being the chef, I was hoping he'd do what the giants are doing now for Luffy.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Bartolomeo was curb stomping vice admirals years ago. They've always been fodder after the time skip.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Usopp is honestly the only one who NEEDS something, anything. He desperately needs the power-up in Elbaf, hopefully that's what Oda's been waiting for

Luffy and his three Yonko Commanders are obviously fine

Franky's a boss, but it'd be nice if Oda would give him some new weapons instead of just spamming Radical Beam

Robin's got her Devil attack

Brook... eh, he barely fights but has ice powers, he can manage

Nami has Zeus

Chopper's a bum and a one-trick pony these days, but I guess Monster Point is enough

Meanwhile Usopp can't have shit, five seconds of Haki ages ago is pathetic. He should have found a way to beat Page One, but Oda took the lame way out.
Elbaf is the last hope for Bumsopp honestly

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Usopp is honestly the only one who NEEDS something, anything. He desperately needs the power-up in Elbaf, hopefully that's what Oda's been waiting for

Luffy and his three Yonko Commanders are obviously fine

Franky's a boss, but it'd be nice if Oda would give him some new weapons instead of just spamming Radical Beam

Robin's got her Devil attack

Brook... eh, he barely fights but has ice powers, he can manage

Nami has Zeus

Chopper's a bum and a one-trick pony these days, but I guess Monster Point is enough

Meanwhile Usopp can't have shit, five seconds of Haki ages ago is pathetic. He should have found a way to beat Page One, but Oda took the lame way out.
Usopp sniping Sugar was one of the most amazing scenes in the series. We need more.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Everything post timeskip has made me reassess government power levels.

Clearly, the World Government is extremely powerful as a whole (Imu + Gorosei + Holy Knights + Secret services + Marines), but the Marines themselves aren't that strong. They could barely handle one yonko and his fleet. Given his post-timeskip hype, maybe Shanks could have finished the job, but he didn't try because A. He's with them (unlikely) or B. he knew how strong the Gov actually was, despite being unwilling to step in unless absolutely necessary.

Fleet admiral may be Yonko tier but admirals are a tier below (around Yonko commander) and the rest is fodder at this point.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
When was it stated Bonney doesn't have Haki?

Well we have not see her use or it being mention she can so maybe i wrong but Oda normally tell or show us these things about a character .

Clearly, the World Government is extremely powerful as a whole (Imu + Gorosei + Holy Knights + Secret services + Marines), but the Marines themselves aren't that strong. They could barely handle one yonko and his fleet. Given his post-timeskip hype, maybe Shanks could have finished the job, but he didn't try because A. He's with them (unlikely) or B. he knew how strong the Gov actually was, despite being unwilling to step in unless absolutely necessary.

Fleet admiral may be Yonko tier but admirals are a tier below (around Yonko commander) and the rest is fodder at this point.

Thing is the marines enough and WG keep on adding the there power like the PX and they had the warlords .
So really that allow the CD part to keep how strong they are secret since the marines \ warlords etc etc were enough .
I think saying they could barely handled one yonko selling them short cause after WB was gone they would have destroy the rest of WB pirates no problem .
The admirals were find and some of WB top tier were already down and if not for BB they would even less issues dealing with rest of the WB pirates.

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Man I completely forgot about the Holy Knights. The final battles of this manga are gonna be a clusterfuck

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
The Holy Knights honestly just feel like some random enemy faction for the Revs to fight. I hope Oda doesn't spend too much time on any of them not named Garling who is def going to be relevant

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Oda has a problem with the WG just stacking their forces with new entry tiers rather than increasing previous ones. If you're VA or under you ain't shit and shouldn't be fucking with any of the Strawhats. The Gorosei, Admirals, Seraphim, Holy Knights, CP0 to a degree since they at least not get bombarded, those are the main ones. All the others can just step aside.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The Holy Knights exist because there's gonna be a TON of characters in the Final War, and Oda's gonna need some more bad guys for them to fight

They can take on, like, the Grand Fleet, the Samurai, Hancock, Dragon's commanders, etc.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Sengoku basically did nothing the entire war and he has insane respect from top tier pirates.

I doubt Shanks wanted to tangle with him.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Oda has a problem with the WG just stacking their forces with new entry tiers rather than increasing previous ones. If you're VA or under you ain't shit and shouldn't be fucking with any of the Strawhats. The Gorosei, Admirals, Seraphim, Holy Knights, CP0 to a degree since they at least not get bombarded, those are the main ones. All the others can just step aside.

Even if you under VA they going to be few marines that can still beat the non top tier SH .
Like grus look more impressive than any of these shit VA we see on egghead to tell the truth .

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you under VA they going to be few marines that can still beat the non top tier SH .
Like guss look more impressive than any of these shit VA we see on egghead to tell the truth .
Sword members are special cases because yeah, Grus is slapping these Egghead VAs. People like him, Kujaku, they're great. I look forward to seeing them in more fights.

Pein

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Eh, I think admirals are like at 70% a yonko, easily above commanders.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Eh, I think admirals are like at 70% a yonko, easily above commanders.
I agree, the Admirals have been shown to be insanely powerful from the beginning and nothing has been shown to change my mind about that. Yonkos need to be as monstrous as they are because the WG is the "legitimate" power source of the world, if pirates weren't stronger than them they'd just be stamped out completely rather than have the real power and influence they do.

brain_

What is a tag? A miserable pile of words.
May 13, 2021
MO
52dd9b654c0c16f463712193f16c7443_original.jpg

Finally

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
Shouldn't be much longer for the speech if whatever is over Mars stops him from killing the snail

Might even be next chapter or the chapter after that

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
The robot will have to save one group at least, Bonney will have to show her Gear 5 form to contain the horse-Gorosei I guess

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Kuma could awaken again and sacrifice himself to send away Venus

I think only one VP is going to survive and I'm guessing it's Atlas, Oda doesn't usually kill kids outside of flashback

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Nice chapter , only 1 min before the message.
Every group now have to face a elder and i really wondering what part the robo will play .
As for the end of the chapter i have no idea what could also be in there with mars.
I seen people say everything you could think off to point we head right into crazy town lol .

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that Mars is looking at a camera filming and broadcasting him. Or thousands and thousands of transponder snails and he doesn't know which one is the correct one.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Nusjuro looked sick as FUCK in that one panel

RIP Usopp, Nami and Chopper 🫡

Zoro and Jinbe will get the cool jump in .

Not only tanking it but being so hard it hurt Luffy's hand, Luffy has done stronger attacks to the Seraphim and Hybrid Kaido and never got that recoil

Just show how tough he is ( i use have BM over kaido when it came to that but Topman might take top spot need to see more )

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Wouldn't it be sick if Nami and Usopp came in clutch and knocked Saturn off the Labophase and into the barrier

Just kidding, Zoro and Jinbe are gonna save them while the weakling trio continue to be bums

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't it be sick if Nami and Usopp came in clutch and knocked Saturn off the Labophase and into the barrier

Just kidding, Zoro and Jinbe are gonna save them while the weakling trio continue to be bums

I don't think any of them have any attack that that forceful \powerful
Monster point chopper would be the closest or maybe a combo attack but if he in full Zoan form not even giant size G5 luffy could hold him back fully .
him getting knock into barrier don't mean much since he had go into it to get there in first place but would buy them a few mins .

Last edited:

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it Oda you can't keep the Age of Liberation from me for long! I'll have Gear 5 Bonney eventually! Still, now that the Vice Admirals have lost to a 12 year old, there's no saving their reputation.

I almost expected Luffy to go back to Gear 5 after eating the giants food, but I guess he's not quite there yet.

Nusjuro continues to be the coolest Elder. Can't wait for some Usopp shenanigans.

I'm glad to have One Piece back. I've missed talking about it.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting the giant mechanical warrior where luffy, chopper, jimbe and bonney met Vegapunk to appear like in the end of chapter 1111, that thing saying 'forgive me joyboy". That thing didnt appear but it was still a very fun chapter, i cannot wait for next friday

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dope chapter, great to have One Piece back in my life!

Poor Mars, putting all that work in while the others are distracted, only for him to inevitably fail at the last second I'm sure. I wonder if the other Gorosei members would be petty enough to throw him under the bus, or if they would all equally share the blame. Also wtf was that blast of energy?! Also not sure how to read York's remark of not wanting to rack up anymore sins. Is she just simply feeling a bit guilty, or is it something more...

Gear 5's time limit be shorter than I thought, like damn, he is already winded? Fucking crazy having a direct comparison point between Warcury and Kaido, Red Roc was literally this super cool blow, marked by Ch. 1000, that did some of the first real damage to Kaido. Now Warcury just not only shrugs it off, but it noticeably hurt Luffy's hand, like damn. Still not 100% clear if this is specifically Warcury hype, but given that Saturn in comparison just sandbags a lot of weaker attacks and relies on regenerating to get through them, I guess it leans closer to Warcury being particularly impressive. Or maybe it's just a matter of the obvious, that a huge boar is naturally more durable than what is essentially an overgrown spider.

Also it's funny people are already complaining about the time limit (I blame the breaks) for One Piece standards this is going by very fast, already one minute left, we're so close!

And yes, Nusjuro continues to be the coolest Gorosei member

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it Oda you can't keep the Age of Liberation from me for long! I'll have Gear 5 Bonney eventually! Still, now that the Vice Admirals have lost to a 12 year old, there's no saving their reputation.

I know the VA were going to get beat but they not even make them try .
It was 2 one hit KO from Bonney and Franky LMAO

Lotus now that you mention G5 time limit it seem like it about 12 to 15 mins this time.
Since he went into for a while before 10 mins count down start and come out when it look like count down was about 2 or 3 mins left .

Last edited:

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not thrilled about the timer, but the action has been fun so I can't complain too much. It ain't touching the Dressrosa countdown. I'm sure there was a whole chapter of Gyats trying to say "Lucy".

Warcury is pretty hype though. First that Haki roar last chapter and now tanking that Red Roc. Powerscalers will be having a field day. Y'know I never was that interested in the Elders before, but damn they have impressed me.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Gear 5's time limit be shorter than I thought, like damn, he is already winded? Fucking crazy having a direct comparison point between Warcury and Kaido, Red Roc was literally this super cool blow, marked by Ch. 1000, that did some of the first real damage to Kaido. Now Warcury just not only shrugs it off, but it noticeably hurt Luffy's hand, like damn. Still not 100% clear if this is specifically Warcury hype, but given that Saturn in comparison just sandbags a lot of weaker attacks and relies on regenerating to get through them, I guess it leans closer to Warcury being particularly impressive. Or maybe it's just a matter of the obvious, that a huge boar is naturally more durable than what is essentially an overgrown spider.

It's hard to say. It could just be the form is giving him a really hard head, espescially since he attacks by charging head on. Flip him over and punch him in the stomach.