• Mars (Itsumade - bird)

Votes: 49 21.7%
  • Mercury (Hoki - boar)

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Venus (Bakotsu - horse)

Votes: 125 55.3%

• Total voters
Jun 9, 2023
Okay, I'm sorry I didn't just stick this in my favorite spot in all of Reset with my Nakama but I just couldn't say everything I wanted to say in "Spoiler" over and over and over again because...I AM JUST EXPLODING WITH JOY. I think OP deserves an open discussion without having to worry about spoiling it.

If you haven't read One Piece, please do because the latest flashback and story has cemented One Piece as my favorite piece of fiction of all time. The lore, the characters, the foreshadowing...I can't handle this without talking about it "out loud".

I literally am having trouble not smiling thinking about the latest arc but...there's a character that out of nowhere (for me) is now one of my faves of all time: Kuma

This is how you do a character arc. I just haven't read anything filled with so much despair and sadness in fiction in so long that has a BRIGHT light at the end of the tunnel. A comeuppance like no other, a return written so well and REVENGE so pure and so deserved, it puts so many other stories to shame.

If this thread is too much, close it. But my heart is pounding having read the latest spoilers and I just am about to burst. I have much more to say but I'll start with maybe my favorite OP page of 2023:

C25VsjR.png

(Art credit to: https://www.deviantart.com/ftoov/art/Thank-yoo-bonney-999170800)

OP
OP
Head on the Block
Jun 9, 2023
I've never wanted a villain dead more than Saturn LOL

My HOPE:

Kuma uses ALL the pain and suffering and disease he's gathered his ENTIRE life and unleashes it all in one shot on Saturn

OP
OP
Head on the Block
Jun 9, 2023
Heh, I also made a appreciation thread!
www.resetera.com

Moments when media gives you the opposite point of view (One Piece manga spoilers)

This just happened in One Piece and it was so depressing cool that I really want to find similar stuff. Basically when something really important happens at some point in the story, but much later we get the opposite point of view from other characters at the moment...

I wish everyone in the world read or watched OP. It brings so much joy the more you read and I honestly smile everytime I see how much love Oda pours into certain scenes

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
You finished the last chapter and felt joy? More power to you, me and my friend were sad and depressed about it given all we learned about Kuma versus what we kept speculating over the past....decade.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder who gave Luffy foods. It's gotta be someone unexpected. And as awesome as that moment is with Kuma, next chapter gonna be him getting shattered to pieces for sure. At least he'll get to see Nika in action before dying.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Honestly, as someone who's been a sucker for the whole Water 7 / Enies Lobby saga... I think we might be witnessing peak One Piece at the moment. I've been LIVING every single chapter ever since Saturn arrived at Egghead.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Iont like Kuma tbh. Too passive and waits for bad stuff to happen. A lot of people could do more good with his devil froot

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
The flashback made shoot up there to my favorite characters. Right up there with Hiriluk.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I am ashamed to have spent most of my years following One Piece not giving a flying fig about Kuma and thinking he looked kinda dumb

I'm so sorry papa bear!

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully is Kuma and not Luffy the one that kills Saturn.

My kind of thread, I was soooooo tempted to make this because the other threads are a bore to discuss.

This last chapter, I was thinking so what was that ball that Bonney saw, then we saw what was it, so it dawned on me and then we see Bonney at the end, it broke me, one of the best ODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA moments.

I officially retract all the bad stuff I said about your handling of Bonney, Forgive me King.

HELL NAH

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
I like the idea of open spoilers threads. Stupid thing is how open are we talking cause before the official manga we have the pre released scans (these ones I guess) and before that we have the spoiler filled chapter summary

I may kind of sound salty regarding Kuma I just wish more characters have gotten this kind of story beats last few years. Would solve 1 of the 2 things I don't like about One Piece

Egghead so far is amazing though. I really love how it is all coming together now and Kuma has such a nice payoff, him getting to hit that elder is gonna be sweet

Can't wait for all of this to be animated and see it on the tv screen with all the music and feels

OP
OP
Head on the Block
Jun 9, 2023
Kizaru fed Luffy! Notice he's in a different spot and he looks out of breath again

If that's the case...I LOVE YOU MORE ODA

OP
OP
Head on the Block
Jun 9, 2023
You finished the last chapter and felt joy? More power to you, me and my friend were sad and depressed about it given all we learned about Kuma versus what we kept speculating over the past....decade.

Joy KNOWING he and Bonney will have their moment, that Saturn will get what's due, that Luffy will show hope to Kuma again and Bonney will believe more than ever Nika is real and there with her

Kerwop

Dec 15, 2017
Yeah I can't believe how good One Piece has been lately. Might end up being my favorite part. I always knew Kuma would be awesome once we discovered his backstory and this was my favorite flashback.

I also really like how Bonney went from someone I didn't pay much attention to and became one of the most important characters. It was also a shock when I was reading through the flashback and a lightbulb went off and I realized how old she was. I hope she joins the crew since we didn't get Yamato.

OP
OP
Head on the Block
Jun 9, 2023
Or Saturn wrecks shop

Don't you dare put that energy out there

Kuma kills Saturn, Kizaru and Gear 5 Luffy help everyone escape

And I agree, Oda has this ability to make me care about characters even if I'm resistant to care. Bonney was never a big deal to me. Now i'm like JOIN THE CREW BONNEY, PLEASE!

This happened with Brook too. I thought he was okay and by the end of Bark, loved him

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to see Bonney's face light up upon seeing Luffy transforming into Nika, and Kuma to regain a bit of consciousness 😭
This arc is so good

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Don't you dare put that energy out there

Kuma kills Saturn, Kizaru and Gear 5 Luffy help everyone escape

And I agree, Oda has this ability to make me care about characters even if I'm resistant to care. Bonney was never a big deal to me. Now i'm like JOIN THE CREW BONNEY, PLEASE!

This happened with Brook too. I thought he was okay and by the end of Bark, loved him
Saturn is probably alive since the void century, doubt he dies so "easily" but let's see

MadLuffy87

Sep 26, 2023
The Void Century
Bonney is why Yamato never joined! It's all coming into place. Someone fed Luffy. Kuma is going to be on the verge of losing and then as he looks up all he sees is Luffy as Nika laughing and dancing while fighting Saturn.

OP
OP
Head on the Block
Jun 9, 2023
This flashback sits up there with Noland and Robin's for me, easily

Which is making me think she's going to join his fleet once she sees Nika and Kuma dances goodbye

I can see them flying off the island and her last memory of Kuma is him dancing to Nika before they're too far away

OP
OP
Head on the Block
Jun 9, 2023
Bonney is why Yamato never joined! It's all coming into place. Someone fed Luffy. Kuma is going to be on the verge of losing and then as he looks up all he sees is Luffy as Nika laughing and dancing while fighting Saturn.

I think when the last war starts, everyone will be part of Luffy's fleet lol. Like 90% of the pirates vs. the WG/Navy, Luffy's fleet vs the government

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Joy KNOWING he and Bonney will have their moment, that Saturn will get what's due, that Luffy will show hope to Kuma again and Bonney will believe more than ever Nika is real and there with her
Saturn isn't getting jobbed so quick. The joy for me will come when I see these play out. This last chapter was Oda twisting the knife further he jammed in there during the Ginny part of the flashback(started digging the tip in with Kuma's Dad part).

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a widower with a one year old daughter. To say that Kuma has become one of my favorite OP characters is an understatement.

Kuma finally showing up to save Bonney and rearing up to punch Saturn at the end of the latest leaked chapter is one of the most cathartic moments I've read in a long while.

I think he gets in a bunch of good shots on Saturn. But it'll ultimately be Luffy finishing Saturn off so Kuma and Bonney can finally see that Nika is real and that he's come to save everyone.

The fact that the One Piece manga is 26-27 years old and it's still pumping out incredible story arcs, moments, characters, and chapters like this is a sight to behold. Shonen manga aren't supposed to be stay this good for this long.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I bought Bonney stocks back in Sabaody and now I'm cashing out like a millionaire. Billionaire if she actually joins the crew.

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
I absolutely need to see actual Nika Bonney.

The thought of her and Luffy giving Saturn a Nika combo strike has got me pumping my fist in the air.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Btw Kizaru so fed Luffy! He was sitting and the … just makes it for me. Add to the fact luffy had Mizo soup kizaru favourite dish just makes it for me

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Sabaody arc: Kuma, Kizaru and Sentomaru attack Luffy for punching a World Noble

Egghead arc: Kuma, Kizaru and Sentomaru join Luffy to punch a World Noble

I think the big "Egghead Incident" being teased is the balance of power changing for the first time in 800 years

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This arc is so fire

Kizaru feeding Luffy is really weird considering like five minutes ago he kicked Bonney into into the explosion field and shot down the Vegapunk-mobile that was in the middle of saving Bonney

Kinda late to grow a conscience all of a sudden

OP
OP
Head on the Block
Jun 9, 2023
Oda has been on a god damn roll post-Wano, you love to see it

Wano had so many ups and downs and an ultimately rushed ending which is funny because he spent so much time there.

This pacing has been glorious. If this pacing sticks to the end, which I'm assuming it is because he wants to finish up, it's never going to be topped as best manga.

I give Wano something like a 7/10 and it would get lower if not for those 5-6 chapters of Gear 5.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
This arc is so fire

Kizaru feeding Luffy is really weird considering like five minutes ago he kicked Bonney into into the explosion field and shot down the Vegapunk-mobile that was in the middle of saving Bonney

Kinda late to grow a conscience all of a sudden
Unclear Justice. My dudes been listening to Saturns evil monologue and is basically like are we the baddies

OP
OP
Head on the Block
Jun 9, 2023
Kizaru won't leave unscathed if he joins the fight against Saturn. He's gotta pay some price.

Seeing Akainu's face when it happens will be GOLD. Better be a legendary panel lol.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who gave Luffy foods. It's gotta be someone unexpected. And as awesome as that moment is with Kuma, next chapter gonna be him getting shattered to pieces for sure. At least he'll get to see Nika in action before dying.

He get in some hit question how much damage they do .

I'll say it...

Kizaru.

(That would be unexpected).

OR York (considering all she does is eat and sleep)

It's caribou coming with the save again .