Votes: 49 21.7%
  • Mercury (Hoki - boar)

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Venus (Bakotsu - horse)

Votes: 125 55.3%

• Total voters

Lordfifth

Jul 31, 2022
Yeah? I'm directly quoting the story here. I mean sure, the Pacifistas aren't going to be stronger than our named characters or anything, but the story has presented them as being pretty damn powerful. And Nusjuro took down 50 of them. In 6 minutes. What an incompetent boob.
incompetence has nothing to do with power, the gorosei are competent given what we have seen.

and i didnt call them incomptent, i just said thier attack power isnt top tier(because if it were it would break the story, so its a good descion narative wise)

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy seeing how big Vegapunk's brain has gotten. It's honestly unnerving to look at, due to knowing that it's literally part of his head that was cut off from him.

Can't help but start to wonder what the endgame is for Sanji carrying Vegapunk's body for this long. I guess it wouldn't be right to just dump his corpse anywhere given they're about to leave Egghead for good, but I wonder if Oda is hinting that there's a way to bring him back somehow. Or it's just simply Oda waiting for the right moment for everyone to have a chance to mourn his death. Anyways, Sanji getting the first hit on Nusjuro is ironic given the anticipation of Zoro fighting him. Given the sound effects, it seems Nusjuro is strong enough to bypass Sanji's newfound durability, which makes sense given how strong the Gorosei have been portrayed as so far.

Don't think he get pass Sanji durability since it look like he was not using his germa powers .
Got look at eyebrows lol.

is there such a thing as group fatigue?

I started feeling it in Wano, and I'm definitely starting to feel it here too. There's just so much moving and running around from every member that it's starting to become hard to keep up with. I think Oda himself realized this in the latest chapters since he put up a small schema so we could remind ourselves what was going on and where. We also jump from situations so quickly that it feels like no one's really engaged with their enemies - someone throws a punch or a kick and then people start moving again.

This is something that Oda does even before he was taking break etc etc .
He be doing since it since AB so it really not about him thinking arc fatigue.

It's much easier to keep track of here since there's only four main groups to follow. Wano was a complete clusterfuck of hundreds of characters and dozens of groups. I think what you're describing is pretty much an "Oda Problem" and I don't see it going away. The final war is going to be like this X1000.

It something he been doing since we enter the grand line since he split up the SH so much so yeah it not going change and just part of his story telling .

I like how the Gorosei seem kinda bad at actually fighting, they're basically just coasting on being unkillable and having OP Devil Fruits. Pretty big difference between Sanji's encounter with Kizaru and Sanji just running in and kicking Nusjuro in the face

That's what they get for sitting on their asses in Marijoa for who knows how long with hardly ever seeing any action. I assume Imu will be better on that front just because he's probably the final boss

Sanji encounter was Kizaru was not that differnt sanji block 2 of his attack to save people.
Then while trying run with VP get speed blitz suprise hit from kizaru who is fastest person in the series .
This same thing here Nusjuro get his attack block and then get hit by sanji but then Sanji get bite .
That how it been most the arc which just like marineford where people get in hit or 2 and counter on each other and then that it .

I hope this is indeed what's going on and we don't get a "we were holding back" bullshit.

I'm still thinking they are literally demons in human form and not humans with devil fruits. And that they are related to the origins of the fruits themselves

I mean we already know that Saturn get nerf since he not eye frezzing Nami and the others .
We not see anything here showing they can't fight when all character no matter how strong can get in a fews hit or counter on top tier characters .
You had chopper , Nami and Brook hold off BM a yonko 2 arc ago and they only gotten stronger since then .

incompetence has nothing to do with power, the gorosei are competent given what we have seen.

and i didnt call them incomptent, i just said thier attack power isnt top tier(because if it were it would break the story, so its a good descion narative wise)

To me there attack power is top tier like the only people that can do shit we see them do are Yonko\admrial level type characters in terms of attack power .
Mars had his own version of bolo which he can spam to destroy whole island like Kaido and truth is we not even see Kizaru do something stronger and he in the manga much longer and this only attack we see from mars .
Saturn has poison balls that like nukes that he could destroy a island with and Ju Peter attack was so strong it was sucking ships and things from hundreds of miles away which fucking crazy and only reason it get stop is by G5 luffy .
It only Topman and Nusjuro who not do any crazy AoE attacks but they most likely have them but we might not see them this arc .
Still it took 2 giants that you know get huge power jump to block and hit back topman with name attacks and then we find out dude got tougher skin than Kaido .
The elders in small time they had have show they have attack power as strong as any of the Yonko \ Admrial level characters in these few chapters .

Now if they were just being extra sloppy in a 1v1, that'd be one thing, but in this whole chaotic situation where anyone can get jump on their large selves... meh

Really a lot of this arc has been that so it should not be issues when it happen to any one .
Like should i remind people that Kizaru a admrial jump franky and hit him in back while he now finish attacking Saturn .
Yeah one 3 strongest marine powers jump a mid tier SH and franky got up easy lol .

Last edited:

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was just a comment on Kizaru's complicated line of thought. They were clearly close. But where that line of thought falls apart is how the hell Vegapunk knew Kizaru would be the one to arrive.
Pretty sure the point is that Vegapunk knows neither who is responsible for his death nor who will be officially blamed for his death. For all he knows the person who killed him did so because they survived an island that Imu erased and found out Vegapunk gave the government the means to do it. Or, as is the case, the people everyone thinks probably killed him aren't the people who did. He couldn't know at the time what would happen.

Oct 25, 2017
This chapter also gives us what will undoubtedly be known as one of Nami's best underrated moments. Just loved her taking a quick glance at Robin, and despite Robin not saying anything (but clearly looking terrified) and the chaos of having a big spider monster coming at her, she instantly understands the situation enough to know that they have to protect her at all costs, and they spring into action no questions asked, the Weakling Trio knew the assignment. Also I peeped Brook took off one of Saturn's legs, pretty cool
Yeah, it was really a great moment for Nami.

Brook getting another W too.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really post here but my theory:

The Devil Fruits are probably some data base for all the things in the world in the past or to preserve information about the world to prepare for any great calamity that could happen in the world which kinda is confirmed in the latest chapter. It already seems like the past world was technologically advanced so this doesnt seem to be too farfetched and I can see there being some pushback ethics wise or something that got rid of the "D" clan that was pushing this project. Maybe they were getting ready to go to another planet or whatever too

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 major spoilers:
It's probably going to be similar things that happened in XC2 lore where blades and whatever are kinda like DF

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ah, early leak. So I guess we will get the next week chapter this week.

EDIT: Oh wait. Maybe not? I thought this week is a break lol

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's only brief but Vegapunk not knowing much about the void century…bruh fans were already speculating sea levels rising for years. Gimme some good food.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
So we get a chapter without any dramatic reveals (Vegapunk doesn't know much about the Void Century?) and then there's another chapter break with Vegapunk's message still not done?

You're killing me Oda.

(Seriously though, please rest all that you need.)

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So we get a chapter without any dramatic reveals (Vegapunk doesn't know much about the Void Century?) and then there's another chapter break with Vegapunk's message unfinished?

You're killing me Oda.

Well we don't know if the message is unfinished since this is just the brief spoiler

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
the best part about brief spoilers are the people rushing to call them disappointing or mid without reading the chapter... much less actual in-depth spoilers.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, early leak. So I guess we will get the next week chapter this week.

EDIT: Oh wait. Maybe not? I thought this week is a break lol

This week is indeed a "break" like you thought because of golden week. Legally, there will be no chapter until May 12th and then it'll apparently be a break week after that, so no chapter until May 26th.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
the best part about brief spoilers are the people rushing to call them disappointing or mid without reading the chapter... much less actual in-depth spoilers.
This is the downside of spoiler threads, be it manga or game spoilers. People are quick to just push agendas, there are folks who just interact during these interim clown shows without ever even making it to the reading stage of following a series.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

That the usual still even with these small spoilers .
This is huge a amount of info VP giving to the world last week ,we get the huge info for the reader with the world sinking .
That was huge deal for reader and the OP world people and now OP world getting some info we already know with us seeing some new stuff .
Some the world going put 2 and 2 and know Luffy has joyboy DF.

So we get a chapter without any dramatic reveals (Vegapunk doesn't know much about the Void Century?) and then there's another chapter break with Vegapunk's message still not done?

You're killing me Oda.

The dramatic reveal was last chapter with the world sinking .
All of this now is just extra stuff some of which we will know but not the OP world.

Last edited:

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Joyboy lore of any kind is enough of a bombshell, really nothing but the fight against Imu or Blackbeard could be more important for One Piece. The shonen meatheads having no attachement to this part of One Piece makes them about as worthwhile to listen to as Skypea skippers.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If the smartest man alive doesn't know much about the void century then it is crazy I mean ohara found out the kingdom's name.. surely he did aswell right?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
If the smartest man alive doesn't know much about the void century then it is crazy I mean ohara found out the kingdom's name.. surely he did aswell right?
Surely. Is a name alot? I don't think so. WG clamped down hard on it, so it's only natural. Imu will give the bigass VC lore at some point, as they were surely alive back then.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Well the scholars of Ohara might not have found every poneglyph out there and Roger's crew know everything thanks to reaching Laughtale, so they only glimpsed part of the whole truth compared to what the Strawhats will discover at the end of their journey.
A part of the fandom was scared that Vegapunk was going to "spoil" the surprises the strawhats were going to find out but this sounds more like a general truth that concerns a current global crisis happening with the sea levels. Basically only footnotes of a fraction of the void century.
I'd think the Void Century will be it's own major flashback arc.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
10 chapters stalling this message just to give us info we already knew smh. I hope the full summary is better because this one does nothing for me. Hope we're done with the reactions now and we can more detail about the flooding bombshell

Oct 25, 2017
Surely. Is a name alot? I don't think so. WG clamped down hard on it, so it's only natural. Imu will give the bigass VC lore at some point, as they were surely alive back then.
Names carry a lot of power.
Even if nobody knows about the Ancient Kingdom, knowing the name will make people curious. Something the WG clearly doesn't want.
It's the same thing with Nika. The WG worked hard to scrub that from history, to the point of renaming the DF into a "joke".

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
The WG knowing Joyboy could stretch makes the way they treated Luffy make even less sense. You're telling me the guys who genocided Ohara because of the chance they had some info and the government that killed babies indiscriminately to try and off Roger's son didn't go all out against their prophesized enemy especially when he travelled around with Robin? I don't believe it.

I love Gear 5 but that Nika retcon still doesn't fit

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
The WG knowing Joyboy could stretch makes the way they treated Luffy make even less sense. You're telling me the guys who genocided Ohara because of the chance they had some info and the government that killed babies indiscriminately to try and off Roger's son didn't go all out against their prophesized enemy especially when he travelled around with Robin? I don't believe it.

Wasn't the rationale that the fruit hasn't done shit in 800 years?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
10 chapters stalling this message just to give us info we already knew smh. I hope the full summary is better because this one does nothing for me. Hope we're done with the reactions now and we can more detail about the flooding bombshell

I sure that most of the fans base did not know that world was sinking .
With media literacy i see online oda going spell out certain shit that people and and the OP world .
Like how many causal readers you think knew joyboy was part of the AK .

Wasn't the rationale that the fruit hasn't done shit in 800 years?

There really no rationale since they try to kill luffy many times but fail .
Some always want to say it not because of the DF they try kill him during the story .
Still that don't really matter when WG try kill him or had luffy dead countless time and Oda wrote shit save luffy .

What is going all out ?
WG had luffy dead so many times and that was before he awaken which you can say they thought would not happen.
Kuzan had him dead but not kill him .
Lucci was this big bad ass that never fail his mission and fail to kill him or get robin .
Kuma would able kill him he but he was part of the revs .
Kizaru had him dead at SB and Ray and Kuma save him.
In ID he almost dead again Ivan say him and then during war almost dead again and get save many times and at the end by law.
Like they even try make sure yonko kill him and he came back to life .
Yeah the WG did all that stuff to powerless people cause they could not even stop roger from reaching laugh tale.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

They the most incompetent villain group I've ever fucking seen since they knew the fruit made ya body rubbery dawg(which we learned they knew in wano btw so vegapunk info not even new). I hate that fruit reveal so much 😂. Just off the strength anybody made of rubber with a Gahdamn d in they name at that should've been outta here

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
They the most incompetent villain group I've ever fucking seen since they knew the fruit made ya body rubbery dawg(which we learned they knew in wano btw so vegapunk info not even new). I hate that fruit reveal so much 😂. Just off the strength anybody made of rubber with a Gahdamn d in they name at that should've been outta here
It makes no sense man. The WG is established as a organization that goes to the absolute limits to shut down anything that has to do with the void century/joyboy but apparently when it comes to a D clan member with an insane lineage who has the same fruit as their biggest enemy from 900 years ago, they're content just sending a warlord now and then?

This retcon made these dudes retroactively incompetent man. I need Blackbeard to be the final villain now. Can't take WG seriously anymore

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
It makes no sense man. The WG is established as a organization that goes to the absolute limits to shut down anything that has to do with the void century/joyboy but apparently when it comes to a D clan member with an insane lineage who has the same fruit as their biggest enemy from 900 years ago, they're content just sending a warlord now and then?

This retcon made these dudes retroactively incompetent man. I need Blackbeard to be the final villain now. Can't take WG seriously anymore

They could not even shut down roger and lucky he and his crew keep all the info to there self .
The could send admirals after luffy which they did and he would still live which we saw countless times.

Can't be out there when plot power so strong lol
Any other character would be dead from damage luffy took at marieford but law show up and save him and with Kaido luffy came back to life .
Then again if they were so all powerful it won't taken Ace leaving WB ship and get caught BB when WG knew he was PK son but could not do anything .

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

They was like look at this rubber boy.. meh let em go,
dragon saved him? Why? Meh let em go
He's a d?! Meh let em go
Garps grandson!? Dragons son?! Meh let em go

😂😂they ain't really want this man. An admiral should've been on luffy ass since he left lougetown. One of the elders secretly wanted joyboy back he was bored just sitting there

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The actual explanation is probably just that the Elders are lazy as fuck and didn't think Luffy would ever awaken the fruit.

But if they felt like it, they could have pulled up on Luffy themselves at any point before Wano and ended this right then and there.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
He's a d?! Meh let em go

😂😂they ain't really want this man. An admiral should've been on luffy ass since he left lougetown. One of the elders secretly wanted joyboy back he was bored just sitting there

An admiral was on Luffy prior to Water 7. Luffy survived a buster call after that.

Another admiral plus the PXs were onto Luffy at Sabaody, was saved by Kuma (and now we know why).

Luffy was saved by a CD bloodline at Marineford.

Luffy went into hiding for almost 2 years. They're not finding him on some remote, uninhabited island.

Less than 100 days have passed since the timeskip, every time Luffy has been somewhere, with the exception of Dressrosa, it has been Emperor territory. CP0 kept tabs on him in Dressrosa, WCI and Wano. They moved to kill him in Wano when the tables started turning.

The actual explanation is probably just that the Elders are lazy as fuck and didn't think Luffy would ever awaken the fruit.

But if they felt like it, they could have pulled up on Luffy themselves at any point before Wano and ended this right then and there.

it's obvious they very rarely leave the top of the red line, and I think complacency DOES have something to do with it, but, for the most part, Luffy has been traveling in ways they didn't expect him to and in areas controlled by Emperors. Saturn didn't go to Egghead to kill Luffy, he seemed shocked to learn he was still there and made York into a hostage during their call.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
He's a d?! Meh let em go

His ass would just gotten save no matter what ,A Admiral pull up and then ace pop up to save him .
Admiral pull up and he already left etc
Think about how many times admirals attack this man during marineford and he get save .( hell Kuzan let him and robin go and knew elders would want them dead )
That would be the story during some of the arcs with people pop up to save luffy from the admrial that come lol . ( happen during SB )
The admiral that came for him on wano get told fuck off by shanks LMAO .

There no way people can be reading story this long and think sending admrial would work with how story get done .
Admiral get send after luffy and law on DR but instead he use him get rid of the warlord system and then let him go with excuse that to many people around .

Last edited:

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nika known rubberman lore has been a retcon since Wano and the healthiest thing is to begrudgingly accept it and move on.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Only the Gorosei and Imu know about the Nika fruit, they don't want people asking questions about "hey, why is this stretchy fruit so important to them" so they hesitate to make a big deal about Luffy having it

Plus, you have to wonder: when did they even find out that Luffy had it? Because the fruit is such a secret, I doubt there was anyone rushing to report that Luffy had it to the highest authorities in the world. They might not have known until like, Marineford, after which the WG didn't have many good opportunities to go after Luffy, except for Dressrosa, where an Admiral literally just let him escape.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Only the Gorosei and Imu know about the Nika fruit, they don't want people asking questions about "hey, why is this stretchy fruit so important to them" so they hesitate to make a big deal about Luffy having it

Plus, you have to wonder: when did they even find out that Luffy had it? Because the fruit is such a secret, I doubt there was anyone rushing to report that Luffy had it to the highest authorities in the world. They might not have known until like, Marineford, after which the WG didn't have many good opportunities to go after Luffy, except for Dressrosa, where an Admiral literally just let him escape.
The latest you could make a case for them not knowing would be Alabasta.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Another thing is, the Gorosei are all here now with Luffy in full Gear 5 mode and the most we've gotten is Saturn going "yup there's Nika".

So personally, I think the Gorosei viewed the fruit as another piece of lore they needed to suppress because any hints to the Void Century had to be hidden, not becuase the fruit inherently does something special that allows him to hurt the Gorosei (which clearly he can't)

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

They for sure knew he had after AB but as usual he get save .
Like they send kuma to kill him but we know reason why he did not .
Kuzan was like okay robin happy so i don't really give fuck and let them go .
SB they send kizaru but really had no choice cause luffy hit CD but busy doing war stuff for WB then again it not matter cause he get save by ray and kuma .

Another thing is, the Gorosei are all here now with Luffy in full Gear 5 mode and the most we've gotten is Saturn going "yup there's Nika".

So personally, I think the Gorosei viewed the fruit as another piece of lore they needed to suppress because any hints to the Void Century had to be hidden, not becuase the fruit inherently does something special that allows him to hurt the Gorosei (which clearly he can't)

The awakening \nika look aspect more important than just the DF when you look how act towards it .
Then even after the awakening they had other shit deal with and were not in rush to try and kill him \take on a yonko .
It been only about 2 weeks since luffy awakening and WG had deal VP rebelling vs them which seem way more important to them .

Last edited:

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Oda went too long without revealing any lore. Dressrosa should have been used to tease the Nika/Joyboy prophecy and then had it happen at Wano with G5.

People are mad because we finally have some info coming only for Oda to drag it out. He deserves the breaks, but tighten up the pacing.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Oda went too long without revealing any lore. Dressrosa should have been used to tease the Nika/Joyboy prophecy and then had it happen at Wano with G5.

People are mad because we finally have some info coming only for Oda to drag it out. He deserves the breaks, but tighten up the pacing.

They teased the Joyboy prophecy in Fishmen Island.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021

He clearly came up with Nika in wano. It would have been setup before if he had planned it. Oda comes up with a lot of plots on the fly but he's very good at making it fit the overall story. This was just one of those moments where it didn't at all so it sticks out.

Oct 25, 2017
All in all it gets alil rocky with the fruit thing it is what is tho.

I was mad before the message thing cuz we kinda just glossed over that devil fruit explanation

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

I doubt Oda was certain that long ago how he wanted to do it nika stuff to set it up in DR .
Plus the pacing has been fast this arc when you read this stuff in vol.

He clearly came up with Nika in wano. It would have been setup before if he had planned it. Oda comes up with a lot of plots on the fly but he's very good at making it fit the overall story. This was just one of those moments where it didn't at all so it sticks out.

There a very good chance that he came up with it before wano .
The big issue was always making luffy DF super special so he can have a awakening that differnt from how it suppose to be.
He was getting tired of how serious fights were going and wanted to do draw this for years .

Last edited: