• Mercury (Hoki - boar)

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Venus (Bakotsu - horse)

Votes: 117 54.2%

• Total voters

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So, uh, what happens to everything that Ju Peter sucks in once he turns back to human form? There were some Marines getting pulled in... getting weird to think about.

The other Gorosei are making Saturn look like a complete scrub. Mars has a giant mouth(?) laser, Nusjuro is a speed demon, Warcury has to be among the most durable people in the world having no-sold a hit that damaged Kaido. They're all monsters.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be cool to have one major arc without a time limit

I don't think will ever get arc like that again due to fact it what he uses to push the story forward since arcs start getting bigger .
We will always get a time limit in some form or the other .

So, uh, what happens to everything that Ju Peter sucks in once he turns back to human form? There were some Marines getting pulled in... getting weird to think about.

The other Gorosei are making Saturn look like a complete scrub. Mars has a giant mouth(?) laser, Nusjuro is a speed demon, Warcury has to be among the most durable people in the world having no-sold a hit that damaged Kaido. They're all monsters.

Don't forget that Saturn had Venom balls that were basically nukes .
Plus I still think making Sanji and them unable to move broken as hell which is why we won't see it again lol .

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
@Lotus now that you mention G5 time limit it seem like it about 12 to 15 mins this time.
Since he went into for a while before 10 mins count down start and come out when it look like count down was about 2 or 3 mins left .

I don't even bother counting, the time limit serves the plot however Oda wants it to lol

I'd be cool to have one major arc without a time limit

"Luffy, you have one hour to find One Piece on Laugh Tale before it disappears forever!"

It's hard to say. It could just be the form is giving him a really hard head, espescially since he attacks by charging head on. Flip him over and punch him in the stomach.

Ah yes, the Paper Mario Koopa strategy

The other Gorosei are making Saturn look like a complete scrub

Woah, let's not forget he can still freeze in place basically everyone under Luffy's level as far as we know

Is the robot even active now that the Drums have ceased?

That would be funny af

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
"Luffy, you have one hour to find One Piece on Laugh Tale before it disappears forever!"

I can just see some set ups in my head already .
Got to get it before BB or before WG destroy island lol.

Side note this should also give dorry and boggy more respect .
Some were saying look how topman get push back and block from the guys Mr 3 beat .

Last edited:

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't feeling this chapter as much as the past few ones tbh
I just got enough of the teasing and I'm ready for some actual answers now lol

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The bubble sounds are most likely VP brain in Punk Records and the message will go off because the real Den Den Mushi is with Dragon

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
People really were hyping up that ending in the spoilers lmao. Mars doesn't even look shocked or really surprised.

Pretty obvious it's just him looking up at Vegapunk's big ass brain.

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
not seeing much talk about it but does anyone else find ju peter extremely off putting

his design as a freak worm with human teeth is one thing but I find it highly disturbing how willing he is to just casually eat people whole

its fucking gross and weird

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
not seeing much talk about it but does anyone else find ju peter extremely off putting

his design as a freak worm with human teeth is one thing but I find it highly disturbing how willing he is to just casually eat people whole

I think i get accustom to people trying to eat people or eating them in OP.
Luffy try eat croc way back in AB and you had BM eating people and Kaido even try to eat luffy last arc lol .

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Am I being dumb, or isn't the whole "gurgle gurgle" just Vegapunk finally getting around to drinking his coffee he brewed up?

Also I find it funny that they're playing up Stussy making this big sacrifice when if she tines it right she could Sky Walk out of there lolol

Yes, he's definitely the freakiest of the group in execution, though like Gundam said we've had Kaido try to eat Luffy not too long ago

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Am I being dumb, or isn't the whole "gurgle gurgle" just Vegapunk finally getting around to drinking his coffee he brewed up?
That was my first thought, but I figure if Oda wanted it to be obvious, he would have had Vegapunk say "ahhh" afterwards. I'm fairly sure Mars is looking at Vegapunks big ol' brain. We know it's stored here.

I'm also beginning to believe this broadcast is a troll, and the message Vegapunk will broadcast is a live stream of what's happening on Egghead. He goaded the Elders into transforming and is going to show the world. I dunno, it just has that vibe.

Roboraptor

Jul 6, 2023
Germany 🇩🇪
Wait, what does happen to Punk records when Vegapunk dies?

Will his brain shrink back due to him not having the fruit anymore? Will his brain begin to decay? can Punk Records even still recieve and tranfer information when the main body has ceased any activity?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was my first thought, but I figure if Oda wanted it to be obvious, he would have had Vegapunk say "ahhh" afterwards. I'm fairly sure Mars is looking at Vegapunks big ol' brain. We know it's stored here.

I'm also beginning to believe this broadcast is a troll, and the message Vegapunk will broadcast is a live stream of what's happening on Egghead. He goaded the Elders into transforming and is going to show the world. I dunno, it just has that vibe.

Idk, heard that theory quite a bit, sounds underwhelming to me. For one, yea sure the Gorosei presumably prefer to not really have their beastly forms all out in the open like that, but it's not the end of the world. Everyone already fears them and the Celestial Dragon's. There's only one secret (well okay two I guess including the Void Century) they want to desperately keep, and that's Imu. Them getting their forms revealed is paltry in comparison, they come when necessary, and while they had some of the lesser Marines avert their gaze or whatever, they ultimately don't mind if some know what they can actually look like.

Also it doesn't even make sense? The original assassins sent to end him were CP0, he had no idea that even one Gorosei, much less all of them, would end up here, or that York even betrayed them. If everything had went as planned, Lucci or some shit would kill him, and then his dead man switch scheme in your scenario would just... show the Marines/CP0 hanging around I guess?

I know someone might wanna say, oh he's a super genius, you had Shaka predict he'd die, etc., but that would be a massive reach to expect an opportunity to out all 5 Gorosei members through a livestream...

Now I do understand where that vibe is coming from to be fair, in that the Gorosei will obviously fail in stopping the message, I just don't think it makes much sense when I start to really break it down and analyze it, idk

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Idk, heard that theory quite a bit, sounds underwhelming to me. For one, yea sure the Gorosei presumably prefer to not really have their beastly forms all out in the open like that, but it's not the end of the world. Everyone already fears them and the Celestial Dragon's. There's only one secret (well okay two I guess including the Void Century) they want to desperately keep, and that's Imu. Them getting their forms revealed is paltry in comparison, they come when necessary, and while they had some of the lesser Marines avert their gaze or whatever, they ultimately don't mind if some know what they can actually look like.

Also it doesn't even make sense? The original assassins sent to end him were CP0, he had no idea that even one Gorosei, much less all of them, would end up here, or that York even betrayed them. If everything had went as planned, Lucci or some shit would kill him, and then his dead man switch scheme in your scenario would just... show the Marines/CP0 hanging around I guess?

I know someone might wanna say, oh he's a super genius, you had Shaka predict he'd die, etc., but that would be a massive reach to expect an opportunity to out all 5 Gorosei members through a livestream...

Now I do understand where that vibe is coming from to be fair, in that the Gorosei will obviously fail in stopping the message, I just don't think it makes much sense when I start to really break it down and analyze it, idk
It's just weird. It's weird that Vegapunk is spending so much time talking about drinking coffee and making sure enough places have visual snails set up. There's something off about it, almost like Oda himself is being self-aware of his own writing flaws and making a joke of it. Whatever he comes up with though I'm here for it. I don't want to go too deep into theorycrafting that I end up believing my own version of the story.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's just weird. It's weird that Vegapunk is spending so much time talking about drinking coffee and making sure enough places have visual snails set up. There's something off about it, almost like Oda himself is being self-aware of his own writing flaws and making a joke of it. Whatever he comes up with though I'm here for it. I don't want to go too deep into theorycrafting that I end up believing my own version of the story.

True true, we'll see soon enough anyhow

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
People really were hyping up that ending in the spoilers lmao. Mars doesn't even look shocked or really surprised.

Pretty obvious it's just him looking up at Vegapunk's big ass brain.
Spoiler: "Mars looks up and is shocked at something he sees!"
Actual manga: Mars isn't looking up and isn't reacting to anything.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018

Saturn is the Big Mom of the Gorosei

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
But why would anyone care? The men who rule the world are monsters? How is that any worse than "the dude who runs the Marines is made of magma"? Powerful people with monstrous forms is pretty much the standard.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

To be fair, Ju Peter really has done anything that impressive either.

Nusjuro, Warcury, and Mars seem far above the other two.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
??? he is reacting though, it's in the eyes
He's a little surprised by something within a room in Punk Records which makes it likely that it's just VP's brain, the leakers made it sound like there was some big player looming above him

If the Gorosei really do work like commanders for Imu then both Ju Peter and Saturn would be like below the equivalent of Jack for them

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
The Gorosei really don't look like the Ginyu forces in terms of power gaps, they're probably all monsters ranging from Admiral to Yonko tier, with a similarly frightening presence. Oda is showing them as huge individual threats, and an insurmountable force when working together.

Only Imu should be clearly above them.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think the thing about the Gorosei is that while they all seem super strong, barring maybe Nasujuro they don't really seem skilled, they're very much coasting off brute force and broken powers. Which is fitting to be fair

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I kind of suspect that all the elders are different ages, with only imu actually being fully grown at the time of the void century. Besides their deference to Imu, they seem to have differing amounts of actual understanding of the void century stuff, like if you look at their conversation about the gum gum fruit having gone by a different name, they don't seem to have first hand knowledge of the Nika powers

Oct 25, 2017
Gorosei are handling business. Got a Yonkou tied up, cornered said Yonkou's crew, and seemingly has the signal location. Impressive showing overall.

lol at the VAs. I wasn't expecting a Franky one tap.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of suspect that all the elders are different ages, with only imu actually being fully grown at the time of the void century. Besides their deference to Imu, they seem to have differing amounts of actual understanding of the void century stuff, like if you look at their conversation about the gum gum fruit having gone by a different name, they don't seem to have first hand knowledge of the Nika powers

Ju Peter looks by far the youngest of the five and is also the only one with a demon form that isn't based on ancient mythology, so him being the baby of the bunch makes sense. There's no real explanation for why Saturn looks so bad compared to the other three though.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
He's a little surprised by something within a room in Punk Records which makes it likely that it's just VP's brain, the leakers made it sound like there was some big player looming above him
gurgle.png

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Why does everyone think Saturn is weak? His little venom balls casually create large mushroom cloud explosions. He can freeze beings as strong as Sanji in-place with a mere glance. Also, nothing so far is capable of permanently harming him due to his healing factor/immortality.

I can understand thinking Saturn was a bit underwhelming before the nukes, but not after lol. He might possess less natural durability than the other Gorosei, but with regen of that class, I don't see how that matters. All these dudes are strong as fuck.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Why does everyone think Saturn is weak? His little venom balls casually create large mushroom cloud explosions. He can freeze beings as strong as Sanji in-place with a mere glance. Also, nothing so far is capable of permanently harming him due to his healing factor/immortality.

I can understand thinking Saturn was a bit underwhelming before the nukes, but not after lol. He might possess less natural durability than the other Gorosei, but with regen of that class, I don't see how that matters. All these dudes are strong as fuck.
I think it's just that Oda has to sell the threat of the newcomers. Saturn's had his time in the sun (lol) so now it's time to gas up the others.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

This i full agree with .
Nusjuro speed is impressive and he taking out the PX.
But Saturn could just nuke all of them if it wanted but Nusjuro disable them cause they want them back .
Defence wise they at differnt levels as we see topman take a red rock but Ju Peter get cut half easy by the giants and even topman get block and hit back by them. .
Think about this Topman was so tough he could tank luffy move but the venom balls that get hit back fuck him up along Saturn and ju peter that how strong they were lol .
Mars got some sort bolo beam which impressive also but really stopping Sanji and Franky with just eyes power is the most broken thing we seen from any of the elders.

EDIT hell franky out here beating VA in one hit and Saturn was like keep still while i trash talk lol .

Ju Peter looks by far the youngest of the five and is also the only one with a demon form that isn't based on ancient mythology, so him being the baby of the bunch makes sense. There's no real explanation for why Saturn looks so bad compared to the other three though.

Saturn don't look bad at all when you look at what he did overall , he just get hit more times cause he there longer.
Hell he is the only person that even get a hit on luffy and even counter his G5 move easy .
Ju Peter get building toss in his mouth and had stop his move and got cut half and blast by venom balls since he get here lol .

Last edited:

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Todays episode wasn't great. Same problem 1072 had. Good animation carries you so far, but if it's shoddily directed it just turns into a stitched together mess.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the dripping noise.. will that be th emassive brain of vegapunk?

Also I wonder if the gloves from Atlas will be relevant again.. she is able to touch and interact with light ( I did a reread of Egghead) and that would be just too fitting for kizaru

Tsumami

Feb 3, 2022
So what do you guys think Vegapunks announcement is going to be about? I actually dont think its going to be about the Gorosei or Imu, at least not directly

Maybe there's some Cataclysm that's threatening to fuck up the world, maybe to do with how the sea levels rose after Lulusia got nuked?

World could be sinking underwater maybe

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
BTW, this chapter reinforced my belief that Bonney isn't going to the Revos like way too many people think. She doesn't want to use the Pacifistas as weapons. Imagine being 12 and just standing on the frontlines (because she needs to be physically present to issue orders) of a warzone watching your father slaughter and be slaughtered over and over in front of your eyes.

So the dripping noise.. will that be th emassive brain of vegapunk?

Also I wonder if the gloves from Atlas will be relevant again.. she is able to touch and interact with light ( I did a reread of Egghead) and that would be just too fitting for kizaru
A few chapters ago when Kizaru was an active player I'd have said maybe, but he looks to be down for the count right now. Even if he were to get up, he's not the threat anymore - the Gorosei are.