• Total voters

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
6bkRpZO.gif

1MbnJNC.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
His three weeks of vacation to reflect on Toriyamas passing, and to figure out what the One Piece actually is, can only mean one thing:

The "It's the friends we made along the way" meme is gonna be real.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
It could also be Vegapunk (on the video) deciding that waiting for the reveal is too hard and he blurts it out before his own self-imposed countdown. Which would explain how the reveal occurs despite one of the elders already being there: the arbitrary ticking clock isn't even accurate and catches the Elders off guard.

Or, you know, literally anything else that involves a character saying something is too hard or is shown mimicking that same pencil throwing in frustration lol

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
It could also be Vegapunk (on the video) deciding that waiting for the reveal is too hard and he blurts it out before his own self-imposed countdown. Which would explain how the reveal occurs despite one of the elders already being there: the arbitrary ticking clock isn't even accurate and catches the Elders off guard.

Or, you know, literally anything else that involves a character saying something is too hard or is shown mimicking that same pencil throwing in frustration lol
Mars: "Damn it! Not killing Kaku is too hard!"

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
while this all sounds cool, I don't know what of these made Redon say "the 3 weeks break has been worth it"

Chapter sounds pretty much in line wirh the last ones

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
People said last week's spoilers were also underwhelming before we got the whole thing. I'm gonna wait to see more details.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
What annoys me is no mention of the timer

It will last months isn't it...

DR 10 mins was 3 chapters if i remember right .
The most this will be imo is 5 chapters and we already at 2.
If we go by few points this chapter since the elders get there so much shit has happen in such short time and this first time they get introduce .

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
This chapter sets up Zoro vs Nasu, and I believe it pretty much confirms Warcury as the strongest Gorosei since continuing to get some impressive stuff with Luffy getting hurt when attacking him, even with the barebone description it seems like a really good chapter

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
This chapter sets up Zoro vs Nasu, and I believe it pretty much confirms Warcury as the strongest Gorosei since continuing to get some impressive stuff with Luffy getting hurt when attacking him, even with the barebone description it seems like a really good chapter

I really don't see how this chapter set up zoro and Nusjuro.
Unless we missing Info the sunny still far as hell from where bonney is and barrier still up .
If anything you think Sanji would be closer going by last chapter map .

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I really don't see how this chapter set up zoro and Nusjuro.
Unless wee missing Info the sunny still far as hell from where bonney is and barrier still up .
If anything you think Sani would be closer going by last chapter map .
I just can't see anyone else besides Zoro clashing with Nusjuro and him saving Bonney would be a callback to Sabody, Sanji can get there first but I don't see him doing much against a opponent that is very much tailored for Zoro so eventually Zoro is to have to go there and clash with Ethan

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't see anyone else besides Zoro clashing with Nusjuro and him saving Bonney would be a callback to Sabody, Sanji can get there first but I don't see him doing much against a opponent that is very much tailored for Zoro so eventually Zoro is to have to go there and clash with Ethan

I really don't get this whole tailored for Zoro thing .
If we go by how people saw this arc Zoro was suppose face kizaru or go vs help fight Saturn earlier .
Instead it was sanji that we had blocking Kizaru and the Saturn or giants helping vs the elders with luffy more than the other SH .
It also possible that Oda finally has bonney do a nika type move and vs Nusjuro would be hype .

Don't know how you came to this conclusion.

The last time we had 10 min count down luffy getting back his haki was in DR and that last about 3 chapters .
We 2 chapters into this count down and over 6 mins already gone .
Mars already destroy control room and now gone punk records which i sure take up 1 or 2 mins .
So we left with about 4 to 5 mins and i don't see them take up more than 2 chapter or this lasting months cause since the elders get here we moving at rather good pacing .

Last edited:

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
What he sees when he looks up is the weapon used to destroy Lulusia having the broadcasting purpose. Who would think of it, and if they did who would/could destroy it.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I really don't get this whole tailored for Zoro thing .
If we go by how people saw this arc Zoro was suppose face kizaru or go vs help fight Saturn earlier .
Instead it was sanji that we had blocking Kizaru and the Saturn or giants helping vs the elders with luffy more than the other SH .
It also possible that Oda finally has bonney do a nika type move and vs Nusjuro would be hype .
Well Kizaru and Saturn aren't sword fighters so it isn't really comparable to this, Nusjuro is seen as a Zoro endgame opponent like how Shiryu and Mihawk are, I'm not expecting any of the Gorosei to go down but there should be at least a clash now that he's actively against the Strawhats

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah the countdown is already getting annoying.

Remember when the chapter ended with Vegapunk's broadcast? And we were all, like, Oda's gonna drop the mother of all bombs next week? That's several months ago. Good times.

This chapter, too. Something catches Mars's eye and he looks up. I guess it could be possible that we see what it is and it wasn't included in the spoilers. But it's likely yet another cliffhanger. I'm begging Oda to just show it for once.

Apr 9, 2024
What annoys me is no mention of the timer

It will last months isn't it...

I hate the timer gag as much as the next, but these spoilers alleviated that worry to me. I wouldn't be shocked if it's still there (oda loves him an old forced-action-escalation-with-a-countdown), but with the broadcast still going and mars' seeing...something??... it feel like we're at least progressing way less slow than having to go through each dragging minute.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Nusjuro is 100% Zoro's Final War opponent

It doesn't sound like this chapter has anything to set that up, but it's still just too obvious

Oct 29, 2017
Well Kizaru and Saturn aren't sword fighters so it isn't really comparable to this, Nusjuro is seen as a Zoro endgame opponent like how Shiryu and Mihawk are, I'm not expecting any of the Gorosei to go down but there should be at least a clash now that he's actively against the Strawhats
We don't need another Zoro fight/clash right now, and he can't get down there anyway. The priority is to get off the island intact.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

We had people saying Kizaru was a sword fighter because that is what he use to hold back ray and is use it rather often .
We also had people saying that Zoro need some pay back for Sabody after what Kizaru did to him .
Neither of these things happen and Nusjuro using sword don't mean he a sword fighter we saw this with King , Fuji and BM .
Part of the OP fan base see some one using a sword think oh they going to fight Zoro and there good chance that aside from luffy the other SH won't even fight a elder as main fight after this arc .

Remember when the chapter ended with Vegapunk's broadcast? And we were all, like, Oda's gonna drop the mother of all bombs next week? That's several months ago. Good times.

This chapter, too. Something catches Mars's eye and he looks up. I guess it could be possible that we see what it is and it wasn't included in the spoilers. But it's likely yet another cliffhanger. I'm begging Oda to just show it for once.

Oda did drop the mother of all bombs it was just not lore ( we will get some of that ) but seeing all 5 elders do shit is something no one expected in million years .
Yeah it not been a lore drop but elders doing shit still has been hype as hell after waiting to see them do stuff for hundred of chapters or thinking we have wait until another arc to see rest in action .
Chapter would have some sort semi cliff hanger in some way or other even if we get showed what mars saw , it just be something else for the cliffhanger lol .

Last edited:

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Nusjuro is 100% Zoro's Final War opponent

It doesn't sound like this chapter has anything to set that up, but it's still just too obvious
The moment that dude had a sword I knew he was gonna fight Zoro at some point. Now whether that fight is after the one with Mihawk or not is the real question

We had people saying Kizaru was a sword fighter because that is what he use to hold back ray and is use it rather often .
We also had people saying that Zoro need some pay back for Sabody after what Kizaru did to him .
Neither of these things happen and Nusjuro using sword don't mean he a sword fighter we saw this with King , Fuji and BM .
Part of the OP fan base see some one using a sword think oh they going to fight Zoro and there good chance that aside from luffy the other SH won't even fight a elder as main fight after this arc .
Fuji is 100% a swordsman. Agree about the other two but this Gorosei is gonna be a legit swordsman. He's literally wielding a supreme blade Kitetsu

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

Just be happy that Oda isn't R.L. Stine.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Oda did drop the mother of all bombs it was just not lore ( we will get some of that ) but seeing all 5 elders do shit is something no one expected in million years .
Yeah it not been a lore drop but elder doing shit still has been hype as hell after waiting to see them do stuff for hundred of chapters or thinking we have wait until any other arc to see rest in action .
Chapter would have some sort semi cliff hanger in some way or other even if we get showed what mars saw , it just be something else for the cliffhanger lol .
Nusjuro is clearly a swordsmen from character design, having a special blade, and the way we've seen him fight so far, Fuji is literally a play on the blind samurai, but King and Big Mom aren't swordsmen because they don't have that fighting style, they don't rely on sword attacks for close range

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
The moment that dude had a sword I knew he was gonna fight Zoro at some point. Now whether that fight is after the one with Mihawk or not is the real question

Fuji is 100% a swordsman. Agree about the other two but this Gorosei is gonna be a legit swordsman. He's literally wielding a supreme blade Kitetsu

Fuji uses his DF most of the time when he using he sword so i not really certain how much of swordsman he is .( shit BM use swird with her Df less aside it is a homie )
Then don't forget that when people saw green bull with black blade it was oh it possible Zoro would fight him . ( when GB just use his DF from what we see lol)
Like i said the OP fan base has bad habit of thinking person with sword mean Zoro match or even thinking that in last arc that these people would even be fighting the SH.

Nusjuro is clearly a swordsmen from character design, having a special blade, and the way we've seen him fight so far, Fuji is literally a play on the blind samurai, but King and Big Mom aren't swordsmen because they don't have that fighting style, they don't rely on sword attacks for close range

BM uses her sword less with her DF power than Fuji does .
He might be play off the blind swordsmen but he out there dropping meteors and when does his move they all use his DF power than his sword skills.
Hell the move that he was going to use to finish off everyone in DR was for sure as shit not a sword skill when he hold all the rumble from island .
That was pure DF power that show how crazy strong he was .

Last edited: