• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Isn't it more likely that they used those as placeholder-voices during the devtime?

And then it temporarily glitches out and reverts back to some that are not deleted?

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Even with all the assets they have from the original game, a remake would be very very expensive to make. I think it's coming but I think it'll be full priced.

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This is everything I want! Hope they have it ready in time for when they bring 2 over to the PC want to replay it then play RDR 1 remade with 2's assets.

They want that double dip so badly just like they did for GTA V. Can bet on there being a nextgen port and PC as well in the future.

I don't think there will be a next gen "port". Next gen will be BC.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
It already looks so good on the x I don't really see the point.

You do realise that only a small minority of gamers overall even have an X, right? Even if that wasn't the case, this remake-in-RDR2 plan would have been conceived of LONG before Microsoft patched RDR to work in BC (from what I remember the original devs are not involved with the process).

Even with all the assets they have from the original game, a remake would be very very expensive to make. I think it's coming but I think it'll be full priced.

Much of what they need - engine, gameplay, assets, map, character models, animations, etc. is already in RDR2. Sure, it would be a lot of work, but nowhere close to what building a whole new game - or at least a whole new Rockstar game - would cost. Especially when a lot of the work seems to have been done, like New Austin and Mexico already being built. Not to mention that new content made for the remake DLC could also serve as content for the online mode.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is everything I want! Hope they have it ready in time for when they bring 2 over to the PC want to replay it then play RDR 1 remade with 2's assets.

They want that double dip so badly just like they did for GTA V. Can bet on there being a nextgen port and PC as well in the future.

It's not the double dip that's the main incentive, it's the millions of PC players that have bought their games since GTA in 1997 lol

This community severely overstimates how many people buy the same game twice just because a minority of us here do it.

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I insist that the remake is real we just need one more big expansion and we got enough content to leave.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this rumored before the RDR2 announcement? I recall there being images released that some assumed were of a remaster, and Rockstar was tampering with their own websites that made some on GAF assume this was coming.

It would make sense that they would do this, seeing as the prior game never had a PC release, and we have reason to believe RDR2 is coming to PC. Sell it as a $20-$30 bonus DLC thing.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Man I hope this is true, I adored the first game. Finished it three times. RDR2's clunky controls could be a problem though, the first game was snappier iirc

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
A remake of the first game would be great as long as they change up the missions to be more like the second game.

The first game's missions were so damn repetitive.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Well that would be lovely as I was thinking during playing RDR2 that it would be great to play the first game immediately after. However, doubt this will happen. Seems like financially Rockstar could make much more money with a standalone game.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People thinking rockstar would spend resources to remaster a single player only experience. They even decided to stop development on a GTA V single player DLC and focused on shark cards instead. No way there will ever be a remaster, let alone a RDR remake.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
People thinking rockstar would spend resources to remaster a single player only experience. They even decided to stop development on a GTA V single player DLC and focused on shark cards instead. No way there will ever be a remaster, let alone a RDR remake.

They didn't had to remake half of the previous map (and significant portion of other half) but they did it.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
This rumor, if I understand it correctly, implies abandoning of RDR1 code altogether and building what is basically a remake using RDR2 as a foundation.

Exactly.

What people seem to be missing is that the incentive for this is massive amounts of money from the PC crowd and people on console who never played the original.

Hiraeth

Mar 16, 2018
London, UK
This would be amazing if true. The mechanics are all in place, and they've already gone to the trouble of re-creating the US portion of the RDR1 map, along with the general landmass of the Mexico section.

Could you imagine if you could seamlessly play through RDR2 into RDR1 without ever changing disks? Surely that's unprecedented at this scale.

The end of the RDR2 epilogue pretty much gets you right up to before RDR1 begins as it is. There wouldn't have to be too much in the way of connective tissue made.

Obviously I know it's a huge technical feat and it's not as easy as sticking things together and drag and dropping the old game in etc, but in this case it seems like they have legitimately done a lot of the work already.

Would be so great to have a Red Dead Redemption Definitive Edition that has the entire story all in one place, and future sequels can be Red Dead Something Else.

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, I'd love a RDR remaster here.
If only for the possibility for a PC version.

PLEASE!
(It's not happening.)

Playing as Jack in a future DLC would be cool though. None of these lines were in RDR.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
I really hope it's true and I can see it happening. More than half of the map of the original game is in RDR 2 and they also made parts of Mexico which you can see through a glitch.

I've never played the original and I don't want to play it on PS Now because that service is way too laggy when playing on wi-fi.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Still not coming. Too much of an investment.
You'll only get RDR 2 Multiplayer stuff down the road.

They also didn't need to record new lines for adult Jack who doesn't even appear in the game as it stands, yet they did that too. Do you have any other explanation for it that doesn't involve a single player expansion?

Isnt this super easy to fake? Just mute the video and add the voice from RDR1?

I never played as Jack, but the impression I got was that these are newly recorded lines.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
929rcurh47021.jpg
Tell me that's a glitch and not a Photoshop.

Please.

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find that hard to believe. RDR1 code is such a clusterfuck nightmare. It would be headache inducing trying to clean up the code without breaking something and without introducing new problems when porting/optimising and remastering. Or else we would have RDR1 PC ages ago.

Technically why would it be more difficult to get a PC to emulate the code of the 360 game than it was for the Xbox X? Honest question. Isn't all Xbox back compatibility done in software?

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I mean, the map is huge and has tons of similar assets from the first RDR, so it would make sense.

I could imagine it being a 40 dollar expansion or a 60 dollar big release.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A remaster would also mean Mexico returning as a playable area in the multiplayer as well. Which would make for the perfect kind of content update to continue supporting it.

A lot of good can come out of a remaster for Rockstar.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is weird how much detail Mexico has despite being inaccessible. El Presidio is surprisingly complete.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Great find, but god please no.

Jack is the most boring character ever. Holy hell.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rockstar doing single player DLC ever again

LOL

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I find it more likely that at some point Mexico was simply going to be part of the story and ended up getting cut out from it.

It's clear that New Austin is mostly the focus of the Prologue and the Online section (though you have missions ALL across the map there). Given that the current iteration of Mexico is just "wasteland" per say, I doubt much (or anything) will come out of it. Perhaps in the Online portion, perhaps, but nothing more really.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Could be a lot of things, placeholder lines, Adult Jack was maybe in the game at one point (possible flash forward where you play as Adult Jack post RDR1) or more likely Adult Jack in RDRO.
I really doubt Rockstar is going to make a remaster for RDR1, at best if we get any SP DLC, it's going to be something much smaller.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably just a multiplayer thingz or leftover from a story segment that didn't make it into the game. You find unused things in games all the time

Technically why would it be more difficult to get a PC to emulate the code of the 360 game than it was for the Xbox X? Honest question. Isn't all Xbox back compatibility done in software?
Microsoft isn't going to let their emulation software be out on PC. It'd make the Xbox a lot less attractive option if PC was able to emulate too. This is why Xenia is the only Xbox emulator we have on PC as of now.

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
It is weird how much detail Mexico has despite being inaccessible. El Presidio is surprisingly complete.

Given tumbleweed and the other locations in there, they probs wanted to start the story *much* earlier, as early as Arthur meeting his ex for the first time and joining dutch's gang, and include the blackwater robbery. Then the game would be a continuous move from west to east.