• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzeon

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was watching the new episode of Speechless and they dropped a Kill Bill reference. Which made me realise Kill Bill is one of the most referenced and parodied movies ever. That music cue thats known as the Kill Bill music is used constantly. Spongebob had an entire episode parodying Kill Bill. I've seen Kill Bill 1 like 5 times.

No one talks about Kill Bill 2.

I've seen Kill Bill 2 once. It sucked.

That cheesey opening monologue, the beginning with the wedding retcon, Bill learning the "super duper ultra death move" from some crazy old man, Uma Thurman getting clowned by a red neck with a shotgun, that ending with the truth serum, then she uses the "super duper ultra death move" on Bill in a terrible and really short fight, and she then takes her kid from a really comfortable life to go live in a shitty motel.

Kill Bill 2 sucks. I fucking hate it.

Kill Bill 1 is amazing, its iconic, everyone talks about it, its permeated pop culture.

No one cares about Kill Bill 2.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it sucks, but Vol. 1 was over the top amazing.

Wait which one had the Lucy Liu fight?

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
It's one movie. It's kind of dumb to split them up when talking about them, because they're the same movie.

Even split up, they're both great. Pai Mei's temple and the ending come up pretty often in pulp culture too.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Kill Bill 2 sucked, 1 just had better pacing, oozed style, and 2 really missed the layup from 1 with Bill.

The final confrontation was very anticlimatic

That said, it was still a good film and that buried alive scene was haunting.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
wat

what

what the shit

what the shit

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
uh.... Kill Bill 2 is the vastly superior movie to Kill Bill 1 lol

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What retcon are you talking about?

I own the steelbook blurays for both. 1 is definitely better but it does have problems.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Kill Bill 1 without 2 is the definition of style over substance. Which isn't bad per se, it's still a good action movie. 2 is just necessary for it to be even better.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
this take is so wrong it snapped me out of the orphanage scene in BR2049 and now i have to rewind it

under normal circumstances I would be in the LOTR hottake thread

but what the shit here

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like vol 2 more than vol 1. I think it's overall a better movie with better developed characters.
The first one is basically an anime for people with low attention spans. It's all just superficial flash with little substance. It's also full of references itself. So it's like people second hand referencing stuff.
Vol 2 is where you actually get better characters. Not just the bride and Bill, but Budd and Elle as well.
Then you add all the smaller characters like Pai Mei and Bill's father. Shit, even the bar owner is more interesting than most characters in the vol 1.

The ending is fantastic. I also prefer the trailer fight than everything in vol1 besides the fight in the snow.

And I love vol1(even though it seems like I just completely shitted on it), but vol2 is clearly better.

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer 2, it has the more interesting dialogue, character arcs, and encounters even if the actual fighting isn't quite as stylized and cool. Also the buried alive scene was dope as fuck in the theatre.

Honestly, you should give Kill Bill part 2 another go.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kill-Bill.gif

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Stop watching movies. They clearly aren't for you.

Kill Bill 2 is fucking incredible what on earth are you talking about

wat

what

what the shit

what the shit

uh.... Kill Bill 2 is the vastly superior movie to Kill Bill 1 lol

Part 2 is the better of the both IMO.

I'm with these guys

Kill Bill Vol. 2 is easily the better of the two. The first was good, but the dialogue in the second was a lot better as was the movie as a whole. It was tighter and didn't have as much kung-fu or fighting, which I didn't love. I've never liked kung fu movies.

Well written, more interesting movie > Lots of fight scenes and stylish visuals (or substance over style if you will)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I don't think Kill Bill 2 sucked, 1 just had better pacing, oozed style, and 2 really missed the layup from 1 with Bill.

wrong

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It wasn't as action packed as the first but the dialogue is incredible. The conversation with Bill at the end makes the movie for me

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Volume 2 is still good. Seeing the Bride train with Pai Mei, and escape confinement to confront Elle Driver is very satisfying.

What is the "wedding retcon" you refer to?

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017

Yup, exactly this.

It wasn't as action packed as the first but the dialogue is incredible. The conversation with Bill at the end makes the movie for me

What, the part where he completely botches what Superman is and how he's been portrayed for 80 years?

Nah. Volume 2 was a letdown.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
My best friend was obsessed with Tarantino, and I remember going to see these with a group of excited friends. We both ended up liking Volume 2 better if I'm not mistaken.

Tarantino is known for his dialogue, and that's what stands out. Not kung-fu junk. (I'm not saying the first movie was bad by any means, but...)

Last edited:

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
I've always liked Kill Bill 2 more. Michael Madsen was actually good. The stuff with Darryl Hannah was super brutal. The exchange with David Carradine is fantastic. Everything is great.

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Vol 2 is an excellent movie. I still can't decide between the two. If I had to though, I'd choose 1, if only for the fight with the crazy 88 and Lucy Liu.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to look at Vol 2 and Vol 1 as separate movies than Vol 2 is a better movie because so much of character relationship development/revealed happens in Vol 2. It's not action heavy like Vol 1, but it is a better movie.

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
Vol 2 is trash. I actually know no one irl who liked it even on their first watch. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
I loved it. Although I can understand why people dislike Kill Bill 2 when compared with the first. They seem like completely different genres. 1 is the kung fu movie and 2 is the spaghetti western.

Very different films but to me equally amazing.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly....the second Kill Bill is the only Tarantino movie I don't like.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think OP should respond about the wedding retcon. No one seems to know what they're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.