• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I thought it was great. I was really expecting more from Venat, but Forchelnault showing up was a nice surprise and Alphinaud's character development was amazing as usual. No outfit is a disappointment, but I do like the emote a lot lol. So curious if the chess piece stuff was for aesthetic purposes or if it means anything literal.

I can't believe Endwalker is like seven months away aaaa

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the new story stuff. No major twists, but a lot of setup for Endwalker. Overall some good moments.

I'm okay with this. We have a long wait for Endwalker's release, so not having to wait on a big cliffhanger is nice.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Are we 100% sure that she was Venat or are we assuming? I mean it's likely but I just want to make sure.

Krile gotta spend the next 6 months trying to get us in to Sharlyan, I'm guessing Endwalker immediately starts with us going there or shit hits the fan first and we see the Final Days start and then we head towards Sharlyan.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping the moon is gonna be glowing red from 5.56 and on. I was disappointed to see that it wasn't after the last cutscene. I love that you can see the towers basically wherever you go.

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
I finished off the last batch of quests this morning and I was quite satisfied. This is my first time being caught up on content in this game before an expansion hits.

I think once my sub runs out in a few weeks I'm going to take a break for the summer unless there are interesting events coming.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Are we 100% sure that she was Venat or are we assuming? I mean it's likely but I just want to make sure.

Krile gotta spend the next 6 months trying to get us in to Sharlyan, I'm guessing Endwalker immediately starts with us going there or shit hits the fan first and we see the Final Days start and then we head towards Sharlyan.

Venat is just the most likely guess since they've dealt with Elidibus so makes sense we'd encounter his counterpart for Hydaelyn. And she was the ascian with the most set-up in 5.X that we haven't seen yet. Plus in both the new cutscene and Endwalker art she has a mask which seems like an ascian one.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017

I think its just an educated assumption. Venat is the only named member of the rival convocation that helped bring about Hydaelyn and had a similar role as Elidibus, if its not Venat then its someone completely new that just happens to have an Amarout mask and not an Ascian one. That group is an angle we are missing to the story, we heard all about the reasons the Ascians did what they did and why they despise Hydaelyn, but we know little to nothing about the group that actually did summon her. As far as we can tell no one besides the three unsundered survived that event with their memories intact, it stands to reason then the only one who could speak for the Hydaelyn side is the character that mirrors Elidibus, a core brought back to the source especially after they talk at such length about when the last time we heard Hydaelyn speak directly to us.

As for your other comment, I imagine we are heading to Thavnair first, its probably going to request help and we oblige, and then later we realize we need to go to Sharlayan after someone discovers something there. Guessing the new underground zone is beneath Sharlayan as a kind of ark of history meant to weather calamities and there we discover something else which leads to Garlemald and eventually the other areas (We still have one unknown new area, and an area that only exist in concept art at the moment). A curious thing a bunch of people haven't mentioned much from Fanfest in the dungeon trailer where we are going through Alien out of hell zone (first one showcased).... the Sharlayan symbol is in the middle of one of the platforms.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That was pretty satisfying, but I think Zenos should have shown up in Cartenau. I'm sure they have something special planned for when our WoL and Zenos come face to face again, and this seemed like a good moment. Cartenau kinda ended on a whimper, but I can see how they want to save stuff for Endwalker. That twin's dad can sod off, nobody talks to Alphi and Ali that way. I'm sure there's a misguided reason for Sharlayan to refuse to help, but disowning his kids was just a dickbag move.

Aveis

Oct 28, 2017
Timisoara
Yeah this was one of the strongest post patch x.5 series, compared with what we had before
The wait till November is gonna suck for sure
Oh well, maybe I'll finally start doing Bojzna properly now

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Seriously considering NG+-ing the whole goddamn thing this summer in preparation. What a ride this game has been.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
That Nier raid ending was quite something. The possibilities on the ending there seem pretty bleak though.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
The Field Notes in Bozja are absolutely wild and I can't believe people believe the obvious lie.