• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love almost literally everything about this, so I'm worried it's too good to be true. Especially Claude getting a Wyvern and being queer!

I just really hope any romance with students happens after the 5 year time skip, where you'd no longer be teacher and student.

It would be an interesting thing to make supports more inline with the times yeah

Like only be able to do only a part of the supports before and after the timeskip. So you need to invest early maybe

That way post timeskip supports will involve relevant events and how they are dealing with things after those 5 years

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That all sounds good to me - simple maps is kind of a downer but an actual compelling story can smooth over a lot of those issues for me.

And the game not being 100% school, going off into some darker stuff, with a lot of different campaigns... I really, really dig that. Fingers crossed this isn't just a wishlist!

Only flag for me is more kid stuff coming out. Unless there's a real ~20 year timeskip, that's not a well I really want to return to. At least improve on the insultingly low-effort handwaving in Fates.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Aside from being able to date students, which is creepy, everything here sounds fucking awesome.
Dong armor ... what were they thinking back then.
Dong armor is very medieval
images

eggs_

Jan 10, 2018
Can someone confirm to me if Claud is bi?

Past comment from leaker: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem...merica_tweeted_and_introduced_claude/emgz8s2/

Golden Deers stay winning!

It would be an interesting thing to make supports more inline with the times yeah

Like only be able to do only a part of the supports before and after the timeskip. So you need to invest early maybe

That way post timeskip supports will involve relevant events and how they are dealing with things after those 5 years

With how drastic the time skip seems in terms of elapsed time and tonal changes, I think it'd be inevitable. That's probably why we haven't seen any traditional supports at the academy.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Clair - Gray support is sexist because it has some "neurotic women, amirite fellow men" vibes. Celica is a super stupid character too.

It was more that pretty much everybody captured was a damsel in distress. Alot of that was in the original game (and they do kinda subvert it a bit with Mathilda), but they also added shots like Fernand and Mathilda in the keep for no reason at all.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Only flag for me is more kid stuff coming out. Unless there's a real ~20 year timeskip, that's not a well I really want to return to. At least improve on the insultingly low-effort handwaving in Fates.

The supposed leaker says he hasn't heard anything about kids.

The issue of the crests makes that kind of weird to me though. The three house leaders only have minor crests based on the recent Famitsu article, which seems kind of odd if there isn't a second generation where you can mix and match to get major crests.

Whirlpool

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know where he specifically mentioned child units? Couldn't find the original question anywhere.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
djfbNsp.png

So it's like Fates in the sense that you've essentially got three storylines to pursue, with completely different events happening.

eggs_

Jan 10, 2018
It's cool that he's bi but it would be nice if we had some characters who could only be romanced by the same sex.

Absolutely agree. I'm also worried that said bisexual characters will have the player as their only same sex option. I really hope both are proven wrong but I'm not too optimistic sadly.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I always expected it as student-teacher relationships have always been popular thing in shoujo stories, and a game targeting more towards women I see no reason why they would distance themselves from it.
I mean, there is the fact that it's creepy.

That's a reason to distance themselves from it.

So long as there's ways around it, I'll just do my level best to ignore it, I guess.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
djfbNsp.png

So it's like Fates in the sense that you've essentially got three storylines to pursue, with completely different events happening.
If that's true, I don't see those routes having around 25-30 chapters each. I don't remember how many maps Fates' routes had, but I can't expect something similar for 60 bucks, even if they're not putting as much effort in the maps as in those games.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Part of this sounds great, but I'm going to stay skeptical.

Hopefully the game lets me recruit a lot of the blue lions units, no way I'll be playing with stale vanillatri over Edelgard. Like I said in the other thread, Claude is pretty much the only unit in his house who looks good, everybody else ranges from ok to trash.

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
The student relationship is still weird, but almost everything else seems suprisingly great. Hope this is all true.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard is described as a morally grey character with a ruthless attitude. Definitely the route I'm picking first.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
New FE feature:

CHILD SOLDIERS
New? Do I need to start a list here or...?

I mean Fire Emblem Heroes just had a Children's Day event where you could summon several of the child soldiers from the series at an increased chance. Then they had them fight a tournament where Nino barely defeated Tiki in the finals.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going back to the first trailer, the line closing it makes a lot more sense if you consider the timeskip:
"I will return here someday, my teacher. Promise me that you won't forget me."

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New? Do I need to start a list here or...?

I mean Fire Emblem Heroes just had a Children's Day event where you could summon several of the child soldiers from the series at an increased chance. Then they had them fight a tournament where Nino barely defeated Tiki in the finals.
You're absolutely right

NEW FE FEATURE: INFANT SOLDIERS

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Yeah, I can't think of any fighters younger than toddlers in the series, so you got it there. Though dragon toddlers are not exactly helpless, Fae really shouldn't be fighting a war.
it's actually very well-designed to make it so that Fae avoids fighting
because her divinestone only has 30 uses and if you use them all up, you literally cannot ever get a new one