• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
If this is true, there better be a decent amount of male gay options.

There's no way it's okay for there to be only one or two when female gay options are reportedly so varied.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Time skip would also make more sense than an large cast when it comes to why most character's don't have full portraits. Instead of there being a large cast, we're instead getting a number of character undergoing changes due to a 5 year time skip.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Time skip would also make more sense than an large cast when it comes to why most character's don't have full portraits. Instead of there being a large cast, we're instead getting a number of character undergoing changes due to a 5 year time skip.
Could also explain things like Dorothea's hat not being a constant on her model regardless of class. If she loses it later, what'd be the point?
Has any of the new Famitsu information correlated with the leaks?
This hit just after the latest Famitsu dump, if I've got my timeline correct. They're not contradicting each other, so if it's not legit, this leaker has at least done their homework lol.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Could also explain things like Dorothea's hat not being a constant on her model regardless of class. If she loses it later, what'd be the point?

One can only hope. That hat looks so dumb and it's so low quality too when you look at the full size portrait. It looks photoshoped on her head. Actually it probably is as they'll likely us the current portraits with some modifications to hair and some other features for the timeskip versions.

Also I didn't read everything but saw mention of some side burns which is whatever, but some of these male students better grow some goddamn beards or mustaches after this time skip. I know facial hair isn't very popular in Japan, but it's not just older men who have facial hair. Then or now.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If this is true, there better be a decent amount of male gay options.

There's no way it's okay for there to be only one or two when female gay options are reportedly so varied.
Unfortunately i think the reason why they would make more female gay options is to let them play as waifu and then bang another waifu, not because they want more lbtq characters.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
One can only hope. That hat looks so dumb and it's so low quality too when you look at the full size portrait. It looks photoshoped on her head. Actually it probably is as they'll likely us the current portraits with some modifications to hair and some other features for the timeskip versions.

Also I didn't read everything but saw mention of some side burns which is whatever, but some of these male students better grow some goddamn beards or mustaches after this time skip. I know facial hair isn't very popular in Japan, but it's not just older men who have facial hair. Then or now.
Claude gets the sideburns, apparently. If they're sticking facial hair on the Lord, I gotta imagine some of the others will get it too.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately i think the reason why they would make more female gay options is to let them play as waifu and then bang another waifu, not because they want more lbtq characters.
Relationships in these last games are just pandering, gay or not. I don't think it's that different to say "one is for waifus" and the other is not -- if anything, the hetero pandering is what most players will want. But if they do have less options for male gay pairings, they're stupid and deserve to get called out.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately i think the reason why they would make more female gay options is to let them plays as waifu and then bang another waifu, not because they want more lbtq characters.
Yes, but that won't prevent any backlash. And if this game is intended to heavily appeal to women, male x male relationships would be a selling factor.

I'm reading through the thread right now and the leaker said they don't know much about the male side for same sex relationships, and that the supports were still in development, so I'm going to imagine there are more.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but that won't prevent any backlash. And if this game is intended to heavily appeal to women, male x male relationships would be a selling factor.

I'm reading through the thread right now and the leaker said they don't know much about the male side for same sex relationships, and that the supports were still in development, so I'm going to imagine there are more.
I agree. That is why I want a confimation if Claude can date mbyleth like Edelgard can date fbyleth, if they can't even do that then i can't expect much about other male characters.
This is all assuming this leak is true of course.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

This hit just after the latest Famitsu dump, if I've got my timeline correct. They're not contradicting each other, so if it's not legit, this leaker has at least done their homework lol.

There is a possibility that they got the famitsu issue early and then made up the rest. I hope this is real but just being cautious.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Guys do not get you hopes up in the actual thread they asked him if you can romance Claude and he said he does not know
I just got the same response with the added "idk who else"

I'm taking this to mean that they generally have no idea about the male same sex relationships, and that the informants were specifically looking for lesbian pairings and not gay ones.

I imagine there will be a comparable amount of gay pairings, they just don't know about them.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, he doesn't say that Claude is specifically bi, just LGBT. Its possible Claude is homosexual. Either way, I am beyond over excited that Claude is LGBT.
I agree. That is why I want a confimation if Claude can date mbyleth like Edelgard can date fbyleth, if they can't even do that then i can't expect much about other male characters.
This is all assuming this leak is true of course.

As much as I'd want Claude to be a gay/bi option, where are people seeing a confirmation? Unless I'm missing something, the leaker said he wasn't, not that he was.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There is a possibility that they got the famitsu issue early and then made up the rest. I hope this is real but just being cautious.
Well, this doesn't really address the same stuff as the Famitsu article, so it could just be they got lucky and didn't cross the streams. But yeah, hard to say.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
If this is fake, I'll find it funny he chose to say "eh map design is kinda bland tbh" instead of going full fanfic lol

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I just had a brief conversation with the leaker on reddit, and asked if they learn anymore about the male same sex relationships to please let us know, and they said "of course" they will.

So if this is all true, again I'd say that it's more the leaker just simply doesn't know about the male relationships at the moment, rather than there's a significant gap between them and the female same sex relationships.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm wondering who their sources are. I doubt they're actual devs or anything, maybe QA testers in JP or more likely from NOA?

Feb 12, 2019
As someone who's been a little lukewarm on Three Houses for a while, this all sounds pretty good and just plausible enough. Dating students? Middling map design? Yeah, seems like something IntSys would do.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
If this is fake, I'll find it funny he chose to say "eh map design is kinda bland tbh" instead of going full fanfic lol
This, it does stick out and there's nothing else in the leak that is proven fake by the info we do have. Really does sound like a response they would have if they took the criticism from Fates to heart.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The flipside of all the "if it's fake I knew it because XYZ" in this thread for me is this. There's a few things where he's like "ehhhh this isn't great" that makes me think it's real.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sounds like a fanboys dream come true.

claude gets wyvern
dimitri is about a traumatized man
adelgard is a ruthless dictator..

cant choose

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
If this is all true, hot damn, Fire Emblem story wise is back!!!

I wonder if they plan some dlc route like fates which will just be everyone recruitable and teaming up to fight a greater evil

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The flipside of all the "if it's fake I knew it because XYZ" in this thread for me is this. There's a few things where he's like "ehhhh this isn't great" that makes me think it's real.

Right.

Especially because the map is kind of a big part of the overall gameplay. So, if it were really a fanfic, this part shouldn't stick out as one of the few negatives.

Overall, this paints the picture of IS taking the criticism of Fates very seriously but forgetting about the few good things people said about it in the meantime. Like how the Maps in Conquest were absolutely amazing.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
Does Nintendo have a history of doing this style of "deceptive" marketing ? So far it's "Fire Emblem school" in the marketing and for the game to really turn into this is potentially exciting

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I will say, this game sounds absolutely abysmal from a gameplay standpoint. I don't see anything that tells me that the story will be anything special either.

I'm curious about the time skip though.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of sad at the lack of kids actually and on top of that the maps might suck. Kind of sounds like a complete 180 on Fates

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will say, this game sounds absolutely abysmal from a gameplay standpoint. I don't see anything that tells me that the story will be anything special either.

I'm curious about the time skip though.
It makes reference to Jugdral so automatically good !!

That's how I read these posts. But it doesn't sound great all, just feels like part of the FE fanbase just needs to hear jugdral or tellius to say something is good. It's the rule:
Genealogy/Radiant good
Fates bad

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's how I read these posts. But it doesn't sound great all, just feels like part of the FE fanbase just needs to hear jugdral or tellius to say something is good. It's the rule:
Genealogy/Radiant good
Fates bad

Nah you just sounds really salty right now. I didn't even play any of the genealogy/radiant games, yet everything said about the story sounds really exciting because of the content, not the games it may be similar to.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
So it's retaining some of the waifu elements from Awakening and Fates, whilst also reigning in some of the heavier fan-service.

Honestly, I think it sounds like a best of both worlds kind of scenario; the skinship shit always came off as skeevy to me in Fates but the ability to have a nice tea-party with some of my favorite characters seems like it'd be fun.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that it's reddit is making me doubt the leak.

Would put more trust in it if the mods here would verify.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah you just sounds really salty right now. I didn't even play any of the genealogy/radiant games, yet everything said about the story sounds really exciting because of the content, not the games it may be similar to.
I'm talking more about the reaction from some FE fans and especially the leaker. Part of the fanbase treats these 3 games as the holy grail and pretend everything about Awakening and Fates is bad. The whole "2/10 for Fates story 9/10 for TH" makes it look like the person posting these leaks may be one of these that just need to hear Jugdral/Tellius to say "wow very good".

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Genealogy/Radiant good
Fates bad
Ah, c'mon! A lot of us never even played those games. Just saying that the story is a step up even if map design is a step down has me interested, along with really liking a lot of the new mechanics we've seen.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking more about the reaction from some FE fans and especially the leaker. Part of the fanbase treats these 3 games as the holy grail and pretend everything about Awakening and Fates is bad. The whole "2/10 for Fates story 9/10 for TH" makes it look like the person posting these leaks may be one of these that just need to hear Jugdral/Tellius to say "wow very good".

That comment is in answer to people's worries about the stories. Said worries are largely justified with how bad the Fates story was. There's really nothing else to it, people just want a story that's better than the last game.