DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU WANT TO AVOID POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOR AN UNANNOUNCED FIGHTER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
As many people already know, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is set to receive five brand-new downloadable fighters through the a paid Season Pass known as the 'Fighters Pass'. The first of these fighters (Joker from Persona 5) was already revealed last during The Game Awards 2018, but the other four fighters have not been officially revealed. However, recent data-mining may have given us the identity of one of the four unannounced fighters.
According to a reliable data-miner on Twitter, jam1garner, three code-names for upcoming Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC characters have been discovered within the game's data:
The three code-names are:
- "Packun": refers to Piranha Plant, whose Japanese name is "Packun Flower".
- "Jack"; likely refers to Joker.
- "Brave"; definitely refers to a currently unannounced fighter.
...a Dragon Quest hero, likely Erdrick (the hero of Dragon Quest III). The "Hero" class in Dragon Quest is referred to as 勇者 (Yusha) in Japan, which directly translates to "Brave” (credits to Ryce for this info).
EDIT: New data-mined information about Piranha Plant, Joker and the second Fighters Pass character has been shared with us. Basic parameters have been found within the game, giving us a better idea about the character's basic attributes.
To summarise the Twitter thread:
- Joker is a fairly light character (with the same weight as Peach and Daisy); "Brave" is around as heavy as Cloud.
- Joker's run-speed is fairly fast (between Mewtwo, Charizard and Ridley); "Brave" is around as fast as Young Link.
- Joker can Wall-Jump and has a rapid jab; "Brave" has neither of these two abilities.
EDIT 2: Cleaned up the OP a bit.