• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, the Ryu/Steve/Marine leak also mentioned the Luminary and Anlucia alts.

Also a quick reminder that it was posted before the other Erdrick 5chan leak, so if it ends up right we should probably pay attention to it.

Huh, really. I remember there is a post/article about it and somehow alt costumes was excluded from it so I presume that some people here put both together.

MisterLuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Make em both, one of them being an echo of the other, ala Ryu and Ken with different normals and maybe a few specials.
The problem with that is they don't share moves. They play differently in Yakuza 0. I'm guessing implementing their fighting styles would be complicated so they would choose a style that they're known for. Like Majima's Mad Dog Style and Kiryu's Dragon of Dojima Style. If you take a look at these styles, they play differently therefore one of them can't be an echo over the other.

Last edited:

Unbura

Dec 23, 2018
good lord, people are ACTUALLY arguing about insider sources mistaking Erdrick for Dai, a spinoff character, in Jump Force
how do you correlate someone saying "Erdrick is indeed happening" or "the 5ch rumor might be true because i know Erdrick and his gender swap costumes are happening" to "they clearly had a Bandai Namco source mistaking a manga character for DQ3 Erdrick"?

how? it doesn't make any sense.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
good lord, people are ACTUALLY arguing about insider sources mistaking Erdrick for Dai, a spinoff character, in Jump Force
how do you correlate someone saying "Erdrick is indeed happening" or "the 5ch rumor might be true because i know Erdrick and his gender swap costumes are happening" to "they clearly had a Bandai Namco source mistaking a manga character for DQ3 Erdrick"?

how? it doesn't make any sense.
Sounds like they are either in "denial" or "bargaining" right now.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Actually while this may put a dent - it doesn't outright confirm Ryu. This what it's said

• Speaking of Smash Bros , if you could take a DOA character to implement it in the Smash cast , who would you choose?
I never spoke with Mr. Sakurai (Masahiro Sakurai, the creator of the Super Smash Bros series), but if I had the chance to do so I would ask him with pleasure, and I would probably choose Kasumi.

Keep in mind that Yohei Shimbori the producer of DOA not Ninja Gaiden

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Apparently Ryu Hayubusa got disconfirmed

https://www.actugaming.net/dead-or-alive-6-interview-yohei-shimbori-producteur-184969/

Basically it says that Ryu is not in Smash and they would have put Kasumi in instead
Actually while this may put a dent - it doesn't outright confirm Ryu. This what it's said

• Speaking of Smash Bros , if you could take a DOA character to implement it in the Smash cast , who would you choose?
I never spoke with Mr. Sakurai (Masahiro Sakurai, the creator of the Super Smash Bros series), but if I had the chance to do so I would ask him with pleasure, and I would probably choose Kasumi.

Don't read too much into it when a month or two ago he got the same question and answered the same thing but with Christie instead of Kasumi.

Nov 13, 2017

Kasumi would have been awesome for smash. Still wishing we got Chun Li instead of Ryu.

Unbura

Dec 23, 2018
Apparently Ryu Hayubusa got disconfirmed

https://www.actugaming.net/dead-or-alive-6-interview-yohei-shimbori-producteur-184969/

Basically it says that Ryu is not in Smash and they would have put Kasumi in instead
no it doesn't and i know where you got that claim from. because not a single mention of Ryu Hayabusa or Ninja Gaiden is in that french interview.

here's the actual snippet, ran through perfectly with Google Translate:
-Speaking of Smash Bros , if you could take a DOA character to implement it in the Smash cast , who would you choose?

Shimbori: "I never spoke with Mr. Sakurai (Masahiro Sakurai, the creator of the Super Smash Bros series), but if I had the chance to do so I would ask him with pleasure, and I would probably choose Kasumi."

also, i recall Imran saying he interviewed Shimbori as well back in December and said he didn't want to speculate about Smash too much aside would be really happy to see Chirstie in the series.
https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1081254237575630853?s=19

Last edited:

Unbura

Dec 23, 2018
so about the initial leak, were there any developments the confirmed or de-confirmed anything? I haven't really followed in the past month or so.
i remember Tansut and Xenother saying Erdrick are indeed happening
plus i rememeber Vergeben saying he did hear about DQ ports from a separate source and his own end saying Sora was not in, but he's not officially jumping on the Erdrick train yet

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Proof? I done personally believe it myself but I don't like rushing to declare something fake.

There's really no specific reason to believe that rumor right now. I really don't get why it caught on so much when there was no proof at all. Well, at least it stopped 4chan from posting dozens of fake lists every day, but it's odd how much that rumor dominates discussion in spite of no evidence.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's really no specific reason to believe that rumor right now. I really don't get why it caught on so much when there was no proof at all. Well, at least it stopped 4chan from posting dozens of fake lists every day, but it's odd how much that rumor dominates discussion in spite of no evidence.
One is because nothing directly contradicts it yet. We won't have any better ideas until we learn more about Joker.

The other reason I believe is despite as much as some people would wish to deny it I don't think the characters are to far fetched.

Unbura

Dec 23, 2018
maybe because a few insiders here and there are slowly warming up to it due to Erdrick info?
maybe because the later 5ch rumor called P5R and Granblue Versus?
maybe because the early rumor seems to connect to the later 5ch rumor?

and that's despite the fact most of them really can't back it entirely just yet
it's part of the waiting game

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
maybe because a few insiders here and there are slowly warming up to it due to Erdrick info?
maybe because the later 5ch rumor called P5R and Granblue Versus?
maybe because the early rumor seems to connect to the later 5ch rumor?

and that's despite the fact most of them really can't back it entirely just yet
it's part of the waiting game
Granblue Versus was predicted by Hitagi a long time ago. It's been an open secret a long time for those in the know.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
no it doesn't and i know where you got that claim from. because not a single mention of Ryu Hayabusa or Ninja Gaiden is in that french interview.

here's the actual snippet, ran through perfectly with Google Translate:

also, i recall Imran saying he interviewed Shimbori as well back in December and said he didn't want to speculate about Smash too much aside happy to see Chirstie in the series.
https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1081254237575630853?s=19
Ryu for nininja giaden

And kasumi for dead or alive

Their two reps

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
Just here to say that I'm glad people are realizing deconfirm isn't a word and disconfirm is the actual word. Used to drive me nuts in the Brawl and Smash 4 days.

Unbura

Dec 23, 2018
Granblue Versus was predicted by Hitagi a long time ago. It's been an open secret a long time for those in the know.
its also very impossible for the latter 5channel rumor to be piggybacking from Hitagi. (even asked him about it too awhile ago)
the original Granblue Versus rumor was pretty niche as well to where people forgotten where it came from.

Ryu for nininja giaden

And kasumi for dead or alive

Their two reps
its either him and Kasumi
i was hoping they'd do an assist trophy for her too since Fatal Frame and freaking Virtua Fighter manage to make it in the game.