• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Again, this is all assuming that these aren't just placeholder values that get changed later.
True, though ignoring the aerial landing lag (which is copied directly from Joker) the values seems pretty unique and don't match up completely to any pre-existing character. At the very least, I don't think Piranha Plant or Joker's params will change that much from what we have now.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
people need to stop feeling bad about not getting the characters they want and start feeling bad for me not getting the characters I want

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
When I found out Joker was getting in the other 4 characters could literally be the 3 viruses from Dr. Mario and a fucking pinto bean and I would have been satisfied. Hope others get their version of that character some day...

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Since this was posted near the bottom of the last page (and because it could fuel some discussion):
Height comparison between Lucina and "Brave" (over Ike).
Hyncs2N.jpg
It's important to note that Ike's knees are bent, so unless "Brave" is also bending their knees in their idle pose, just pretend like he standing up straight.

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
Everything I'm seeing fits Brave as Erdrick. I think I'm ready to call it.

Hope he looks like this (Big image).

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Hope he looks like this (Big image).
He probably will (based on his height it definitely won't be the original Famicom design). I mean, the Japanese listing for that figure even refers to him as Brave.

Speaking of that figure, does anyone think its release date could hint at when Erdrick will be revealed? It releases at the end of March, so maybe Erdrick will be revealed in a Nintendo Direct that month (since we usually get one around March/April)?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they plan on announcing DLC characters during Directs or if they'll go to outside venues like they did with Joker.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still pulling hardcore for the DQ11 dude

with smash using his acquired title Erdrick as his name. The DQ1 guy is lame

Last edited:

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He probably will (based on his height it definitely won't be the original Famicom design). I mean, the Japanese listing for that figure even refers to him as Brave.

Speaking of that figure, does anyone think its release date could hint at when Erdrick will be revealed? It releases at the end of March, so maybe Erdrick will be revealed in a Nintendo Direct that month (since we usually get one around March/April)?

Doubtful

Plant is most likely coming anywhere from the far end of January or at any point in Febuary

I don't expect Joker gameplay/full trailer until beginning of March at the earliest. I say March because Joker being released in March/early April lines up with all the Persona 5 announcements happening and would make sense. That is a far shot, but still I don't expect the second paid DLC as quick as March

as for the figure. I can think of several reasons why it is even a thing and I think it has less to do with Smash and more other things

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The next Direct should give us Plant's official release date. And I'm hoping we can actually see Joker, but that may not happen.

(And "Brave" would be a pipe dream, right?)

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Point being? Even after that you got to wait until Joker comes through for the second character, and thats not happening that fast
I'm just correcting part of your post, not trying to make any point. I'm not trying to suggest that Erdrick will actually release in March or anything, i'm saying that he could be revealed in the March Direct (after a Joker gameplay trailer). I can't see why it couldn't happen. Most Smash DLC characters have been revealed ahead of their release date (besides Roy and Ryu), so why wouldn't it happen again?

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I offered a rather exhaustive list of characters I would've been happy to see as DLC. It's not like I don't want anything.

The way I approach it is I just feel like if for whatever reason the final roster is just something wholly unappealing to me it just means Nintendo saved me some money on the fighter pass. The roster as is consists of 74 characters (I know that's inflated a bit by echoes and such, but still). Whatever subjective issues people may have with the game "a subpar roster" is not one of them.

I guess I just don't understand getting so invested in the extra characters to the point where it's like a make or break thing. I'll probably just buy the pass because I like to have the whole roster available even if I don't use a particular character, but I haven't committed yet just because I'd like a little more info before I decide on individual characters vs the pass. But I'm mainly interested in mechanics as opposed to personal attachment. For instance, I couldn't care less about Joker in terms of geeking out about him making the cut. But I'm still interested to see how unique he might be in action. I feel like aside from returning favorites (impossible here) the smash dlc has generally been pretty good about introducing characters that play very differently from the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Dante vs Bayo vs Ryu vs Doomguy all in one cinematic.

I can dream

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is our post-Fighters Pass roster.

OAFOBCC.png

Do you accept? I'll never accept Steve until he's staring me right in the face.

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

OAFOBCC.png

That's like a dream roster for me (ignoring Erdrick). I would be ecstatic (but i'm not expecting it).

Also (since I don't think many have seen this) but since modders have managed to added a few extra slots to the CSS, we actually know when the CSS expands to fit more characters, it will eventually have seven rows (with 12 per row, which unfortunately cuts Jigglypuff off the top row).

Oct 25, 2017
When I found out Joker was getting in the other 4 characters could literally be the 3 viruses from Dr. Mario and a fucking pinto bean and I would have been satisfied. Hope others get their version of that character some day...

Do you think his final smash is going to be Arsene related or an All Out Attack?

I'm hoping for All Out Attack to get the other characters in there.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I guess I just don't understand getting so invested in the extra characters to the point where it's like a make or break thing.
For me it's two things:

I like buying good DLC for games I like since it gives more wind to games I've played to death. To that end, I'd rather the DLC be at least a couple characters I'm excited for.

Also, DLC characters then have a much higher spot at returning in future entries by virtue of having the character creation work already done. Why is Pichu in Ultimate? Because he'd shown up before. So if characters you like get in as DLC, that's a long term win.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's like a dream roster for me (ignoring Erdrick). I would be ecstatic (but i'm not expecting it).

Also (since I don't think many have seen this) but since modders have managed to added a few extra slots to the CSS, we actually know when the CSS expands to fit more characters, it will eventually have seven rows (with 12 per row, which unfortunately cuts Jigglypuff off the top row).
Really? Are there any pictures of what it looks like? I'm already not looking forward to the "final" CSS layout.

Do you think his final smash is going to be Arsene related or an All Out Attack?

I'm hoping for All Out Attack to get the other characters in there.
It has to be an All-Out Attack.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Out of the four supposed fighters, I'm most excited for Erdrick by far. DOOMGUY and Steve bug me; DOOMGUY cause he feels so out of place and Steve because I just don't care at all for Minecraft.

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Really? Are there any pictures of what it looks like? I'm already not looking forward to the "final" CSS layout.
It won't look exactly like this (since the added Pokemon Trainer slots move all characters after them forward by three slots) but you get the idea. Just add two more slots and that's pretty much how it'll look like post Fighters Pass.
NXww10V.png

If only they gave us some additional Echo Fighters (at least 4)... then everything would be fixed.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

OAFOBCC.png

Our potential post-Fighters Pass roster. We have no idea if the characters beyond Erdrick are legit (though the rumor said Steve, not Banjo). Hell, we don't even know with 99+% certainty that Erdrick is "Brave".

With that said, I'd be okay with the rumor.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina

OAFOBCC.png

God damn that would be fantastic. A huge eastern rep, the father of FPS, and an a classic N64 franchise returning. Plus an NES rep to round off the big classic hitters and anime guy (I like Joker a lot). Too bad its to good to be true.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

OAFOBCC.png

While I'm not the biggest believer, I would certainly be down. And while I still think BK is the longest of long shots, I would honestly be happy for the people who do want him.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It won't look exactly like this (since the added Pokemon Trainer slots move all characters after them forward by three slots) but you get the idea. Just add two more slots and that's pretty much how it'll look like post Fighters Pass.
NXww10V.png

If only they gave us some additional Echo Fighters (at least 4)... then everything would be fixed.
I see. I made a post about this in one of the OTs to add 3 more echo fighters, which would certainly round things out and also keep it a six rows (because I don't like that extra black space on the side).

A8ZLdvZ.png

Green question marks are echo slots.

kakistocrats

Oct 29, 2017
Detective Pikachu could be the new Pokemon rep for this gen. That movie comes out in the summer, and Nintendo almost certainly would have known the projected release window before development on Ultimate even began.