• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be perfectly honest I'd have the same amount of excitement for Banjo as I would Steve.

I don't care about the franchise and find the design about as appealing as anyone from Minecraft.

If it was up to me...

(If the Steve rumor is true this music better be in the game.)

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Forever bitter that we aren't getting Bomberman.

I'm there with you.

I'm keeping Chibi-Robo in my avatar until I will him into existence

You are a smart person with good tastes.

This is our post-Fighters Pass roster.

OAFOBCC.png

Do you accept? I'll never accept Steve until he's staring me right in the face.

Nope. As I've stated before, Smash lining Sugiyama's pockets in anyway makes Erdrick a non-starter for me. I'd honestly accept this list without Erdrick, & with Steve instead of Banjo-Kazooie. But Banjo-Kazooie objectively improves this.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Even though majima.is definitely a fan favourite, since he's not the main character of the series, he's not in the running regardless of popularity. Since Yakuza isn't big enough for two characters, it's kiryu or nothing (realistically it's nothing).

Make em both, one of them being an echo of the other, ala Ryu and Ken with different normals and maybe a few specials.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His moveset:
B: Throw vombs
Side B: Roll bombs
Down B: Lay down a bomb
Up B: Bomb yourself upwards
Down Smash: Bomb.

Wow.

In Brawl/4, three of Sonic's moves were a variation of the spin dash, and Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Pac-Man all show that a bit of creativity can go a long way in providing moves for a character. Unless all the Bomberman games are exactly the same, a character with as many games as him would have been be completely feasible.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Travis Touchdown or bust.
The only reason I hope the rumor is fake is I still want him.

I don't mind Steve but I'd take the leak roster but swap Steve for Travis.
How likely is it that we get two characters with the name Ryu? :thinking:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Eyes of Heaven has two Jotaro's, two Josuke's, three Dio's, two Diego's, and two Pucci's.

I think we can handle two people named Ryu.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
His moveset:

Wow.

Little Mac's moveset:

B: Charge a punch
Side B: Punch while jumping
Down B: Counter... with a punch
Up B: Punch upwards
Down Smash: Punch.

Wow.

But to be serious, there are plenty of things Bomberman could do. For example, the different types of bombs such as Pierce, Rubber, and Remote Bombs could have cool effects, and he could call upon Louies and Charaboms to assist him.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
His moveset:

Wow.
I'm pretty sure someone said the same about Sonic's moveset but with rolls instead of bombs, yes, he rolls a lot, but there he is

Can you please come with a moveset for a Piranha Plant stuck in a pipe?

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
I don't really understand the reception to the leaked DLC roster. Honestly, my biggest problem with it is Ryu Hayabusa, I don't care for Ninja Gaiden whatsoever as a franchise, and I don't feel that Hayabusa would make for an interesting character. I'm actually super super excited for Erdrick and especially Steve. Doomguy seems like he could be cool but is kinda take it or leave it for me. I really don't get the negative reception towards Steve, he's hugely important and would probably have a really cool style of moveset. To me it just seems like people think Minecraft is "cringey", which is a really really lame criticism imo. It's an amazing game in almost every aspect, who cares if the audience sucks?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really understand the reception to the leaked DLC roster. Honestly, my biggest problem with it is Ryu Hayabusa, I don't care for Ninja Gaiden whatsoever as a franchise, and I don't feel that Hayabusa would make for an interesting character. I'm actually super super excited for Erdrick and especially Steve. Doomguy seems like he could be cool but is kinda take it or leave it for me. I really don't get the negative reception towards Steve, he's hugely important and would probably have a really cool style of moveset. To me it just seems like people think Minecraft is "cringey", which is a really really lame criticism imo. It's an amazing game in almost every aspect, who cares if the audience sucks?

Speaking only for myself, I just think "Steve" both isn't a character, and the general animation style and visual style of Minecraft is just so viscerally hideous it would look completely out of place in Smash. Like, you can't even do anything cute with it like you can with Game and Watch's start-stop animations because it's not dated the way he is, it's just...cheap. Really low-quality textures stretched across ultra-simple polygons and low-quality animation. That would just clash pretty hard with everyone else in the game.

But as I said, that's just speaking entirely for me. I had a completely different list of hopes for DLC characters and literally no one I've been hoping for seems to have a shot of getting in, so seeing all these "entirely for marketing reasons" picks is a huge bummer.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Apologies to memoryman3 , I just checked, it wasn't Daisy who wants Erdrick to save her, it's Peach. Daisy says "I hear they kidnap princesses around here... I guess Bowser's not the only guy who's into abducting royalty!" My bad.

Inspired me to make this really quick for giggles.

03d.png

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, when has Smash not gone for the main character first? Granted, I could see us getting Twintelle in the next Smash game, but not without us getting Spring Man first. It'd be like picking Chun-Li over Ryu. She's popular, but not the face of the franchise.

There were 4 Pokemon reps before we got the Pokemon Trainer.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So here's a hypothetical. Let's say Erdrick is revealed.

If the alt costumes end up matching up with the one stated in the leak would that be enough to convince you?

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Agreed with the above, those alts are very specific. I kinda hope there might be a little more to it though, like other character alts the leak didn't mention.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But that leak didn't comes with Ryu, Steve and Doom. It comes from another source tho.
From IGN's article about the rumor.
The leak from 5Channel also suggests Dragon Quest X's Anlucia and Dragon Quest XI's hero character will be available as alternate Erdrick skins. The rumor also claims unspecified Dragon Quest games are coming to Switch this year in addition to the confirmed Dragon Quest XI S.
https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/01/04/super-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-roster-reportedly-leaked

If that's wrong then oh well we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
If this leak is truth it is a huge let down for me.I will not get any of dlc characters. I feel like letting a character like Elma out when they only have one character to represent that series is a mistake.

One character to represent one of the worst-selling franchise out of the ones represented doesn't really strike me as an odd choice. The only one that I can point to as easily having sold less is ROB.
Height comparison between Lucina and "Brave"
Hyncs2N.jpg

It's definitely Super Famicom Erdrick.
300px-Hero3male.png

It's probably a Bowser Jr. situation with multiple characters, not just 3 and X. It is a big reach to use height to try to winnow it down to just a specific version of the class. Just "Hero" as the name with vastly different skins.

Can somebody give that skin a Chrono color scheme 😂😂😂 I be fine with that and also if SE is not music stingy

DQ VI's Hero is Basically Crono.

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
My only hope now is that they do enough to differentiate Erdrick from the FE crew, Marth, Lucina, and Robin mainly.