• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Embracer Group CEO Lars Wingefors said during the earnings call of his company this morning that SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle For Bikini Bottom Rehydrated has sold more than 1 million units since its launch on June 23rd. While the earnings call was about the quarter ending June 30th, the milestone was hit sometime after that quarter (so in July or August).

The game is playable on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. The OT is here.

EfTPLb1X0AgstBG.png

You can hear his words for yourself by clicking at this link (go to 19:30 in the video).

Oct 27, 2017
Played through it at launch as a palette cleanser from the emotional rollercoaster TLOU2 was providing me with. Very quick one-and-done, traded in within a week. Exactly the kind of game that will lead me to getting a next-gen console with a disc drive.

More interested to know how many people shelled out $$$ for the F.U.N. Edition. I'd imagine you need to have an unrivalled affinity for the original game to pay for that one.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The game charted pretty much in all markets and is available on every relevant platforms - makes sense.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Is this another God Hand incident?

The tweet replies directed me to Gamesbeat's Cuphead gameplay and reviewers really need to get better at these things. This man STRUGGLING in the tutorial

Nothing against you but the thing is that gameplay was done by someone that is not a game journalist who even said that he really sucked and played the game for fun at gamescom and some alt right asshole used it to harras him by saying "look guys this is a game journalist"

Last edited:

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I really want it and will get it when it is on sale soon. Too steep a day 1 when I am going to buying a 3000 series card in the coming months.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Not that impressive tbh. Combined on console is like over 200 million. I'd be impressed if it sold double or triple that. For a well known character it's an okay performance.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Gamespot review became laughably infamous
3e0ded6c3l651.png
I bought this game to play with my daughter when it came out, and I've never played the original so I have zero nostalgia.

I literally have no idea how anyone could possibly give this game a 2/10. It is simply NOT a 2/10 game, by any metric. I personally gave it a 7.5. I could otherstand others feeling it was a 6 or maybe even a 5, but a 2/10? Get the fuck outta here.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
I was gonna buy but after I saw that bubble puzzle I realized I would probably never finish it.

Such fiendish design!

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I've never played the original, what is he doing wrong here? (should he just be standing further back to compensate for Spongebob's steps forward?)
yeah pretty much. sometimes you mess up in that section in particular because its a timed rube goldberg machine so in a rush to keep it going you get sloppy, but i dont think thats the fault of the move itself

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing against you but the thing is that gameplay was done by someone that is not a game review who even said that he sucked and played the game for fun at gamescom and some alt right asshole used it to harras him by saying "look guys this is a game reviewver'
Ah okay. I'll edit that out then