• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
At PAX East 2020, Gemastu went hands-on with the show floor demo of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated from publisher THQ Nordic and developer Purple Lamp Studios, and recorded seven minutes of footage.

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in 2020.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was it always this bright? I don't remember the saturation being so high
giphy.gif

Aside from that, looks good

Last edited:

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
There's always something about the lighting of these remakes that bother me. In this case, it's the lighting being waaay too saturated (even in the offscreen footage, just in case you were wondering if this was a bad capture). Hopefully they tone it down for the final game, but it at least it does look faithful.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There was a two hour line for this today.
I'm amazed that this game has the fanbase that it does. I got this on the Xbox back in the day just kinda nonchalantly. I never thought it'd get enough of a following for a remaster

Now if only I could get that Rugrats adventure game for the PS1 to get a remaster...
They changed the lighting from the Gamescon demo yeah
Ahh, gotcha. I was wondering if it was just me

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh man I love how colourful it is! The brightness could be turned down a smidge, but it's still a huge improvement from the original.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Have they shown off any new levels? We keep seeing only Jellyfish Fields and that's been around since August last year.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I immediately noticed the changes of lighting in that video. I remember the gameplay graphics in last year was a bit darker or has somewhat darker shading.. Maybe it's the footage brightness, but the differences definitely there.

Old:
2019-172jw5.png

Current:
2020-1g4k2e.png

The latest build seems like has the camera cuts added when in dialogues, like original release, but with more expression to characters..

Oct 28, 2017
This is quite a nitpicky thing, but in the original the boxes or crates would destroy into a bunch of physics based pieces when attacked. Now they just poof into a cloud. This disappoints me more than it should haha