• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Say what you want about Cam (I know I have lol), but we can all agree that he's an interesting case study on how the media covers black QBs through ups and downs in comparison to white QBs that go through the same shit. Yes, this applies to before Cam was dressing all crazy.

This guy was apparently speaking of Eli Manning highly then proceeded to lay one in on Cam right afterward. Ryan Clark said, "NOT TODAY."

We will never forget what Eli did for America in 2008 and 2011 but it is hard to watch him play now without wondering how he did those things.

Side note: Ryan Clark is great, called Antonio Brown being a piece of shit ages ago and this bit is kind of funny.

"GET EM, GET EM, GET EM" if old.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Damn.

I mean, Cam prob should sit out this season (injuries) but ol dude went way too hard on him.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Because Eli won 2 rings, people are still gonna be HE'S THE GREAT ONE. Had Can won 50, this shit would not be happening.

Fucking Rodgers only one SB and people like that white guy still make excuses of why he hasn't repeated.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'll say this:
Eli was not the only problem with the Giants. he wasn't holding that team back from greatness.
Cam seems done.

If those were the only talking points, I think that would be accurate, but you can't go into "Cam is only there for himself" and crap like that when he laid his body on the line for the team and paid the price. C'mon now.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
Because Eli won 2 rings, people are still gonna be HE'S THE GREAT ONE. Had Can won 50, this shit would not be happening.

Fucking Rodgers only one SB and people like that white guy still make excuses of why he hasn't repeated.
I mean, no one in the NFC (far tougher conference) has repeated, and Green Bay's defense has been trash for years.

Brees only has one for the same reason...and refs.

OP
OP
Spinluck

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I'll say this:
Eli was not the only problem with the Giants. he wasn't holding that team back from greatness.
Cam seems done.

If those were the only talking points, I think that would be accurate, but you can't go into "Cam is only there for himself" and crap like that when he laid his body on the line for the team and paid the price. C'mon now.

Huh? Eli has been a massive liability for the Giants as of late. He is not good right now and outside of a few very hot streaks, I'm not sure he was ever really that great. Cam was legitimately the best player in the league when he made the Superbowl.

Eli was never at anytime the best player in the NFL.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah once he got into the whole cam is selfish, only in it for himself shit you know what that kind of thinking is laced with

dude has quite literally sacrificed his body in the pursuit of team success. that's quite literally why that dumb ass is up there talking, because cam's body seems to be failing him from all the abuse he's taken trying to win some football games for his team.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eli is indeed fucking terrible, and has been for a fucking while.

p.s.
We will never forget what Eli did for America in 2008 and 2011

FsRU1EW.jpg

Never miss on a chance to post that picture.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You want to hear dogwhistling listen to AM radio talk about black quarterbacks.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Finebaum's a fucking clown.

It's like these old white dudes get fucking hard off of going at black athletes like this. Piece of shit.

OP
OP
Spinluck

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
yeah once he got into the whole cam is selfish, only in it for himself shit you know what that kind of thinking is laced with

dude has quite literally sacrificed his body in the pursuit of team success. that's quite literally why that dumb ass is up there talking, because cam's body seems to be failing him from all the abuse he's taken trying to win some football games for his team.

This is pretty unfortunate and Cam is freakishly athletic for his size so he gets hit in ways other QBs wouldn't.

People speculate that he'll be next in the line of Andrew Luck like early retirees and I wouldn't blame him.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Huh? Eli has been a massive liability for the Giants as of late. He is not good right now and outside of a few very hot streaks, I'm not sure he was ever really that great. Cam was legitimately the best player in the league when he made the Superbowl.

Eli was never at anytime the best player in the NFL.

Dude won 2 Super Bowls which they won because of him, not in spite of him, so that gives him some run. I won't deny that Cam's SB year was amazing and he had a higher high than Eli. All I was saying is that Eli wasn't holding that franchise hostage, that franchise sucks. I dunno, maybe Giants fans feel differently, like if they had only had a different QB they would have been great the past few years, but I just don't see it.

OP
OP
Spinluck

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Dude won 2 Super Bowls which they won because of him, not in spite of him, so that gives him some run. I won't deny that Cam's SB year was amazing and he had a higher high than Eli. All I was saying is that Eli wasn't holding that franchise hostage, that franchise sucks. I dunno, maybe Giants fans feel differently, like if they had only had a different QB they would have been great the past few years, but I just don't see it.

Uh? The Giants D holding the undefeated Patriots' historically great offense to 14pts surely had something up do with it, no?

I get what you're saying. Eli played well in those runs but I don't think his teams were duds that he carried.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
I dunno what he said about Eli, but dude is a HOF. I'm a cowboys fan but the yokel is the Brady killer, cam didn't do shit except puss out in the owl game, and they both equally suck now.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Whether Eli is more washed than Cam or vice versa is not the issue here, nor is it why Ryan Clark spoke up.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Good for RC. No lies detected. While Eli miraculosuly won two Super Bowls (thank the defense for one and a lucky catch for the other), he's not a first ballot HoFer. If you think he is, check his stats.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is Bill saying? The typical garbage?
He's been saying he should be a wide receiver, because he's "a good athlete" and has "good acceleration" and "good instincts". You know, traits that are unimportant for playing the position of QB.

He also called him "short and slight", which I'm not even sure what that was about, but I guess at that point he was just really struggling to not shout the n-word.

OP
OP
Spinluck

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
He was the guy, though he was really the only one in the mainstream who said this, who said Lamar needs to be a slot WR.
He's been saying he should be a wide receiver, because he's "a good athlete" and has "good acceleration" and "good instincts". You know, traits that are unimportant for playing the position of QB.

He also called him "short and slight", which I'm not even sure what that was about, but I guess at that point he was just really struggling to not shout the n-word.

Jesus Christ.

This is exactly why shit like this needs to be talked about.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Finebaum is trash, and caught shit just a couple of weeks ago for calling Miami a "third world" program or some shit.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Finebaum is just the idiot who gets on his knees everyday to kiss the SECs ass and trash everything else in college football. All he does is pander to his mostly redneck fanbase. He's always been one of my least favorite sports reporters ever. Glad Ryan Clark knocked him down a couple of pegs.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
You want to hear dogwhistling listen to AM radio talk about black quarterbacks.

Following any minor hardship:

"Ungrateful"
"Unmotivated"
"Just doesn't have a head for the game"
"Too self-centered"
"Not a team player"
"Doesn't respect the organization"
"Too emotional"
"Not passionate for the game"
"Easily distracted"
"Thuggish"
etc etc etc

Listening to marblemouthed, middle-aged, white dipshits call into sports talk radio was one of my least favorite things about working in construction.