• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
BqDpTMe.png

aka the dirty gambling club. Which brings me to recommending the Be Gamble Aware website. The phrase "when the fun stops, stop" could not be more true when it comes to betting. If you don't enjoy it or cannot afford it, don't do it. This thread is for members aged 18 and above. If you are found to be underage and gambling you will no longer be welcomed.

NO AFTER EVENTING
CgMDugd.jpg

After eventing is the act of posting winning bets after they have been settled. Please only post bets placed before the event you are betting on. After eventing is strictly prohibited in this thread.

This thread is to share tips and to discuss bets. All sports bets can be discussed including but by no means limited to horse racing, football, boxing and american football. I imagine betting on football will be most members' vice but come the horse racing festivals I imagine the geegees will take centre stage.

Affiliate links are allowed. If you are affiliated with any bookmaker, good luck to you and I will happily earn you some commission whenever possible.

Feel free to post your bets in decimal or fraction format. Personally I prefer fractions but it's easy enough to transpose one to the other so both are welcomed.​

And with that said, let's get betting.

Every weekend I go to Betfred and do a Goals Galore Bonus coupon. Here's how it works:

There are five groups, each containing six games - a few played on Friday and Sunday but most played on Saturday.
The majority of games are from the top five English leagues but a few are from the top three Scottish leagues.
The aim of the coupon is to choose the matches where you think both teams will score.
If both teams score, it's goals galore.
You must pick three games from each group, totalling fifteen games.
The odds are 7500/1.

Sure it's not an easy bet but realistically you can win just by correctly predicting 30 goals. Even if you bet £1 a week from the day you can first legally place a bet, if you win at least once in your lifetime, you will have made your money back. Well, unless you live to be 161 years old. So, very obviously, I highly recommend playing this coupon every weekend. I'm not encouraging you to bet hundreds and thousands of pounds and bankrupting yourself and losing everything through debt; seriously even just doing a quid a week could make your life a lot better. I budget for £10 a week, knowing that if those thirty goals go in, the next time I leave Betfred I'll have £75k in my pocket. Yes mate!

When I first heard about this fantastic coupon with incredibly generous odds, I admit I was skeptical. For the following two weekends I did two things:
1. Only bet £1 on the coupon.
2. Took a blank coupon home with me. On Sunday evening I loaded up the Sky Sports Score Centre app on my phone and looked up the scores for every game featured on the coupon, and filled in all the games that finished as goals galore. I wanted to see if it was indeed possible to win - were three games from each group actually goals galore? Well in the first one, technically it was possible to win, but only if you'd put your bet on early as two of the games were postponed due to heavy snow, so although the odds would have been shortened for the cancelled games, because the remaining games were goals galore, it was considered a winning bet and you could have won. If I'd backed these games, I'd have won. I did not. However the second week was less controversial and without any room for dispute, exactly three games from each group were goals galore. Again, I didn't actually win, but I could have. Two from two? I was sold! And I've put a £10 Goals Galore Bonus bet on every week. Unfortunately I didn't snap a photo of the second coupon.

I'm finding less time to go into Betfred, despite it being a ten minute return journey on foot, so was thinking of doing it online instead - there's a Goals Galore app, or you can find coupons on the Betfred website. Both the app and the website provide the same options. You may have noticed I aded a link to the Sky scores app earlier but I haven't linked to the Goals Galore app here. There is a reason for this: You're better off completing the Goals Galore Bonus coupon in store. For a start there are no groups on the app. What this means is you are not limited to only choosing certain games. Great, right? You have more leverage for match selection making it easier to win some sweet sweet moolah, right? Wrong! Well, kinda. Basically you can work your way through the list and make fifteen match selections and the odds are offered at the bottom. Odds of 5000/1. Now these would look like very good odds to the average uninformed punter, but as we now all know you can get far better odds in store. Maybe the groupings are just secret and you can still get the better odds on the app, you just have to select the right games? No such luck. I tested this by replicating the bet I had already made in a Betfred shop that weekend, using the app. After selecting the same fifteen games, I was only offered odds of 5000/1. So for the exact same bet you can either get odds of 5000/1 (online) or 7500/1 (in the shop). That could have been a difference in twenty-five thousand pounds for my winning bet. How can Betfred justify this? Well I tweeted them on 11th October but haven't had a reply.

So this discovery put me off Betfred a but, and so I started wondering if any other bookies offer a similar coupon and/or if they give better odds for predicting fifteen BTTS games. And so I researched it. I registered for various online bookmakers and visited a handful of highstreet bookies shops, only to discover that Betfred's 7500/1 Goals Galore Bonus coupon is the best value on the market. I even considered I may have just missed the correct part of the website or app so sent out a flurry of tweets asking if other bookmakers offered anything similar to Betfred. The responses were a resounding no, quite unsurprisingly.

So why the writeup? Just to make more people aware of this amazing opportunity to improve your bank balance. Visit your local Betfred on Friday or Saturday (before 3PM) and grab yourself a Goals Galore Bonus coupon. If there are none out in the POS displays, ask a member of staff to print one out for you. It takes two minutes and it's totally worth it. Fifteen penstrokes later and you'll be walking out of there with a receipt in your back pocket that could potentially worth £7500, assuming you bet £1 while it's your first try. Why not ask for two coupons so you can take away a blank one and test the winning possibility yourself?

I've delayed posting this for two weeks now, hoping I could include a photo of a more recent coupon where it has been possible to win. Unfortunately these past two weeks yielded unsuccessful results. On the coupon for Friday 13th – Monday 16th October the best you could have done was one game from each group (22/1) due to a poor show in the second group. The coupon for Friday 20th – Sunday 22nd October offered slightly better results but not the complete package – you could have got 350/1, as three of the groups only had two winning selections each.

Now before I hit submit post I figure I should acknowledge that if you've sat here and read this entire post, about gambling, on ResetEra, you might not be the type of person who happily strolls into a bookies, asks for a coupon you're not entirely sure even exists (sounds too good to be true, right?) and physically places your bet in person. Well, I get that. And, let's be honest, 5000/1 are still pretty fantastic odds for something which is entirely possible. So why not just go ahead and place the bet online? And if you "only" win £50k, rather than £75k, holy shit you've just won fifty grand buddy! All you need to do is sign up for a free Betfred account (or use your existing one if you have used Betfred before) and access the goals galore bonus coupon on their website. There are two options, long list and bonus, but honestly the bonus coupon offers much better odds so I'd recommend avoiding the long list.

CLICK HERE TO PLACE A GOALS GALORE BONUS BET ONLINE
(select Goals Galore Bonus from the dropdown menu)

Of course there are many other online bookmakers out there, and there are constantly new offers on to entice new members, usually in the form of free bets. A good place to check current offers is freebets.co.uk. I'll post some links to some of the more popular online bookies' offers pages below:

Please also share any tipping websites you use. I am a very big fan of OLBG for horse racing tips, especially during the big festivals such as Cheltenham and Aintree for the Grand National. Another good regularly updated website for horse racing tips is Mick Doonan's Racing Wordpress and you can also follow him on Twitter @themicktorious

So let's get the show on the road. Everyone (over 18) welcome to share their tips and bets. Good luck everyone; let's take the bookies to the cleaners.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
Join the ResetEra Super6 and Pick7 competitions completely free to be in with your chance to win big.

All you need is a SkyBet account and to make your picks every week.

Download the Super6 app for Android or iOS now, or play online.

TOrCxN4.png

For Super6 you need to correctly predict the scores of six games. Most games are selected from the Saturday 3PM kickoffs, and you stand to win £250,000. There's also a league table exclusive to ResetEra so we can compare how we do every week, as well as total overall score. All you need to do to join is enter the code 4XHMWW.

Download the Pick7 app for iOS now or play online now.

HZAW88L.png

And with Pick7 all you need to do is correctly predict the six winners from seven races. There are usually two to three rounds every week so you've multiple chances to win £100,000 and, best of all, it's completely free. There's also an exclusive ResetEra league so we can compare results every week, as well as total score. The code to join the league is 2RCPMO.

Once again, both competitions are completely free to enter and take just secods to enter. Even if you've no clue which football team will beat the other, or have no idea about the horses, it's worth a shot. I started out pretty clueless in the horses but since playing Pick7 I've developed a major interest in studying form and conditions and have won a bit of money from betting away from Pick7.

Once you make your picks in both Skybet will offer you the odds if you wish to place a paid-bet, but you are under no obligation to do so. You don't need to pay anything to play and you don't even need to enter payment details to sign up!

Have fun!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
Sky have priceboosted Alli to score & Spurs to win so I've put a few quid in it @ 7/1

Also my standard 50p bet on 2 penalty's being awarded @ 25/1 (I do this for most games I watch live and I've found it makes it even more exciting.)

OP
OP

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
My Goals Galore Bonus coupon had a few eyebrow-raisers on it today. Normally it's all england but internationals has thrown a spanner in the works, and a few foreign league games were included.

So over the weekend I'll be praying for at least a goal per team from the likes of Alcorcon, Albacete, Cultural Leonesa, Russia, Frosinone, Carpi, Rayo Vallecano and Mexico.

Had to track it on Livescore too cos they're not all listed on the Sky Sports Score Centre app I normally use.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Interesting thread, but it seems like you're on your own so far.

I've messed around with sport betting throughout the years with mixed results. Sport Select here in Canada is super convenient but the odds suck.
By far the most success I've had is with horse racing. Spending 5 minutes between races at the track accomplishes nothing, but when I sit down and do some serious handicapping beforehand, like a good 15 minutes per race, I've had some decent success. Fun to win.

OP
OP

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
Interesting thread, but it seems like you're on your own so far.

I've messed around with sport betting throughout the years with mixed results. Sport Select here in Canada is super convenient but the odds suck.
By far the most success I've had is with horse racing. Spending 5 minutes between races at the track accomplishes nothing, but when I sit down and do some serious handicapping beforehand, like a good 15 minutes per race, I've had some decent success. Fun to win.
Yeah I've gotta agree on horse racing. Obviously there's still a lot of luck in it but if you sit down and really weigh up all the factors and stats available to you, you can certainly give yourself a brilliant chance to win.

Helps that it's really exciting too. As evidenced by this.

OP
OP

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
Could've been going to Haydock Races tomorrow but it's my mates 30th and he wanted to play bubble football instead.

Alas, I'll still have a bet on them:

kvarysy.png

OP
OP

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
QvsyOsr.jpg

SkyBet offering money back as cash (not free bets) if this doesn't win. So either I get my £10 back or I get £45 - it's a no brainer.

If you've any money in your SkyBet account, stick it in this!

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
bringing this back, unless there is another thread
is there a way to bet on an entire nba series in a UK betting site

Oct 27, 2018
When it comes to sports betting, are you loyal to one bookie or do you use services such as Oddschecker to maximise your returns?

I've been guilty of sticking to one for ease in the past but I've recently used Oddschecker to get the best odds and it's definitely noticeable in the returns.

At the moment I regularly use Bet365, Paddy Power, Ladbrokes and SkyBet.

Thinking of getting into Betfair for "the exchange" but I don't really understand it yet.

I'm in a few very active private betting groups online (Discord, WhatsApp, Telegram) and get plenty of great info — and a fair few duff calls, of course — but might start posting my slips in here. Pre-event of course, I'm not a heathen.

Is there any chance for this thread to be active? Maybe I should start a-fresh, so the OP isn't banned, but I'm not sure on the duplicate OT rules. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oct 27, 2018
I'm in a private tipping group and the guy who runs it dishes out between 3 and 7 horse racing tips a day as well as providing "info" he gets sent from good sources, such as people who work in the yards for different trainers and people who provide the commentary on TV. I've always just followed off and on and never stuck to a staking plan but I randomly decided to track his profit and loss for July and had I a) stuck to his staking plan and b) got the prices as soon as he tipped them, before they shortened, I worked out I'd be over 160 points up.

For those of you who don't know what I mean by staking plan, tipsters often tip in the form of points. For example you may see "3pt win" or "1pt EW." What you, the punter, are meant to do is decide for yourself the value of 1 point, or 1pt. For example you may go low and have £5 as a point. My tipster, on average, tips about 6 pts per day, which would be the equivalent of betting £30. Had I stuck to £5 = 1pt for the month of July and followed my tipsters staking plan, the 160 point profit would equate to £800 profit. That's pretty insane. Now imagine if you're point value was £10 (£1600 profit) or £25 (£4K profit!). Insane.

So I've decided from around mid-August I'm going to try and stick to the staking plan. To start with I'll stick to £5 per point and see how it goes.

Now I've personally calculated the profit and loss for July and know for a fact the tips have resulted in a positive balance. The tipster himself tracks his own profit and loss and for previous months he had the following:
June 2019 +16.69pt
May 2019 +89.29pt
April 2019 -36.39pt
March 2019 +124.67
February 2019 -7.46pt
January 2019 -21.22pt
December 2018 -51.8pt
November 2018 +110.04pt
October 2018 +18.83pt
September 2018 +44.49pt
August 2018 +185.85pt
July 2018 +29.38pt

So not including July 2019 that was +502.37 for 12 months. I've not worked out todays results but it's looking like July 2019 is going to be about +160 all said and told.

Have I noticed profits? No! Why? Because I've not stuck to the staking plan.

I'm going to use this thread to track my journey and help keep me disciplined so I always stick to the staking plan. Unfortunately this may result in aftertiming, and I know the OP said that's against the rules but a) the OP is banned, b) this thread is practically dead and c) I will try to share the tips sometimes (even though it's a private group) especially anything antepost cos they're usually posted weeks, if not months in advance to get the best prices.

Wish me luck.

Oh I just want to mention the group has a lot of active members and plenty have very good connections. One of them has informed us of a plot job where a trainer is purposely losing repeatedly on a horse to get it's mark down and then when it's about 25/1 we're all going to go crazy, smash the price in, and make massive returns. It's still a bit sketchy but the horse ran recently and you could tell it was held up on purpose so I have full 100% faith in the story. I will keep the thread posted regarding this in case anyone does read - I'm hoping to make a lot of money on the day the job is finally performed.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone help me understand odds vs win %? e.g. if my win % is say 60%, what are the min odds I need to turn a profit?