• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Follow the link and connect to your account and you're good to go:
https://spotifywrapped.com/

As always you can see how much time you have listened, your favourite songs, artists and genres. This year Spotify have removed the sub genres from the list, for me that means that my list doesn't consist of Pop, Dance pop, Swedish pop, Swedish Idol pop and Indie pop. Instead his year you get the big Pop, Indie, Dance, Rock and HipHop.

If you are brave enough to share the final tab please go ahead! All my top five is just song from Blue Lips - Tove Lo, so not that exciting.

Also! Your Top 100 2018 playlist is live as well, great if you want to feel nostalgic.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Well Walk the Moon dominated my list cause of my son sharing my spotify when on the gaming computer but the rest is all me lol

ao8xEhE.png

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FUJ0bQY.png

I listened to 24 days of full music. #noregrets 🎶🔊🎼🤔

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
My top artists got messed with a bit this year.
I tried out Max Richter's "Sleep" album while I was... sleeping. Weird dreams with that. But yeah now he's my top artist due to listening to an 8 hour album.

Why isn't it letting me save these playlists to Spotify? I want to keep these.

Oh what the hell, here's mine since everybody's sharing. I'm more embarrassed by having Smashing Pumpkins in my top artists than anything else (they put the deluxe editions of old albums up).
6RHGnhJ.jpg

Last edited:

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I tried out Max Richter's "Sleep" album while I was... sleeping. Weird dreams with that. But yeah now he's my top artist due to listening to an 8 hour album.

Pretty sure you can. I have every years top 100 since they started doing it on my spotify account.

OP
OP
TheCarrotKiller
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

Yeah as Jpop said they are saved by default I think. They are in the personal playlists, created for you, or something-like-that tab next to your playlist, starred, followed artists etc.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Pretty sure you can. I have every years top 100 since they started doing it on my spotify account.
Yeah as Jpop said they are saved by default I think. They are in the personal playlists, created for you, or something-like-that tab next to your playlist, starred, followed artists etc.
Thanks but not for me. I lost last year's too :(
I'm on the horrible in-browser Spotify right now though.

I saved the links to open on the app, maybe it'll let me there.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
5PzQblY_d.jpg

My year was mostly Hip-Hop/Rap.
I was listening to Eminem pretty much all the time. Revival and then the Amazing Kamikaze album were my anthems daily. I was listening to the whole albums daily and loved them. The Rap God is with me wherever I go 🙏🏻

I also discovered NF who is really good underrated rapper ispired by Recovery Era Eminem. I really recommend giving him a chance.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
"You listen to non-mainstream artists 128% more than the average Spotify listener - so here's to being different."

I'm so different ya'll!

Unfortunately Paradox Interactive is my most listened 'artist', lol. I spent the last month listening to the soundtracks of Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings.

Other more conventional artists in the top 5 were:

Lorne Balfe (Mission Impossible Fallout soundtrack)
Hammock
CHVRCHES
The Midnight

Is anyone going to make a Top 10 AOTY thread? I wanna post my fave albums of the year.

HarryHengst

Oct 27, 2017
Is there someone who doesnt have Pop as top genre? I think it's a bit broken. I listen mostly to metal, but somehow pop is my top genre?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
f96eRIE.jpg

This was surprising for me.

700+ hours. And I supposedly "listen to non-mainstream artists 132% more than the average Spotify listener". Guess I'm a filthy hipster.

Grebo, post-punk, Madchester, and synth-pop are well-represented as expected, but the specifics got me good. I only listened to the first two Jesus Jones albums (albeit quite often), so it's weird seeing that band in first. Work for Love is a great synth-pop relic and a far cry from what Ministry would become known for (industrial metal), but it's hilarious that this song specifically is my most played song of the year.

(Meanwhile "Maxium Joy" is an egregious typo and is supposed to be "Maximum Joy", from Frankie Goes to Hollywood. That always annoyed me when I played it in the app and now it's screencapped for posterity. Song itself is awesome though.)

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
17889 minutes, damn. Top artist Jauz, not surprised. Funny to see how my most listened genre is pop given how I listen to all kinds of electronica, metal, rock and such, but then again been listening to stuff like CHVRCHES, Charli XCX and Sofi Tukker this year so there's that. Interesting stats all around.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Is there someone who doesnt have Pop as top genre? I think it's a bit broken. I listen mostly to metal, but somehow pop is my top genre?
One person in this thread has hip hop as their top genre. Everyone else is pop regardless of what they actually listened to.

Maybe Spotify just labels lots of bands as pop as a secondary or tertiary genre and that as a result gains a lot of hits for stats like this?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
My top tracks are pretty much because Spotify likes to recommend Foals/Judas Priest to me (I don't have anything of theirs in my collection), otherwise I have no real complaints. I listen to a lot of different artists (and random playlists) so only Maiden/Radiohead/Muse are in there from focused listening (I listened to a lot of Cranberries earlier this year for obvious reasons).

mXZEDrF.png

I quite like the Tastebreakers playlist idea... although my first track is Common People by William Shatner. D:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
My top tracks are pretty much because Spotify likes to recommend Foals/Judas Priest to me (I don't have anything of theirs in my collection), otherwise I have no real complaints. I listen to a lot of different artists (and random playlists) so only Maiden/Radiohead/Muse are in there from focused listening (I listened to a lot of Cranberries earlier this year for obvious reasons).

mXZEDrF.png

I quite like the Tastebreakers playlist idea... although my first track is Common People by William Shatner. D:

"Dreams Burn Down" by Ride? Finally we get some shoegaze representation in here! ;)

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
h1QT3H8.png

Love these statistics and flashbacks. Didn't think Panic at the Disco would make it so far up my list. I thought #3 and #4 in my Top Songs list would be the other way around but that just shows how much Mondo Grosso I really listened to because I always shuffled all his songs and one of them still stood above a song I had on repeat individually. #5 surprised me. I was on a listening binge for that track for a while but I thought others would top it.
No surprise with Twentyone Pilots, though. I listened to their pre-album EP for weeks and I'm still not sick of their songs. Can't wait to see them live in February.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing fucking bad with keeping up with music this year. I decided to listen to Eminem entire discography just so I could form a better opinion on him, and that put him in my top 5. I need to step it up

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
Relieved it didn't tell me how old I appeared based on my listening habits after spending half the year listening to 70s soft rock.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
screenshot2018-12-060bfesy.png

I am using Apple Music since the iPhone XR launched and I listened already to 72 days worth of music alone, I'm slightly disgusted.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Weird that I had Pumpkins on my list, I think I've only listened to an album 5 or 5 times this year. I know that I've listened to other artists and records many more times than that. Wonky stats.

qIFVStF.png

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017

Oh what the hell, here's mine since everybody's sharing. I'm more embarrassed by having Smashing Pumpkins in my top artists than anything else (they put the deluxe editions of old albums up).
6RHGnhJ.jpg
Haha yeah I listen to other stuff by him too (The Blue Notebooks and The Leftovers OST are bliss) but SLEEP pushed him to number 3 on my list too.