• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They're so smart for doing this.

It's hard to think back to how things were like before Spotify. Amazing service for music discovery.

brokenmachine

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still listen to a lot of music on itunes which isn't included.

nek3eCi.png

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
There's something wrong with mine, I have listened to Kanye for a long time and it's listing him as my top artist of 2018
Rh85t3D.png

fewL3OB.png

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
I set up some bedtime songs for my son when he falls asleep, but it easily runs for an hour or two after that... kind of inflated my numbers a bit, lol.

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
45292660425_aff72f7d77_c.jpg

I have no idea how the hell Drake made it into my list. I've never listened to a single song of his... Other than that, this is pretty accurate...

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
45292660425_aff72f7d77_c.jpg

I have no idea how the hell Drake made it into my list. I've never listened to a single song of his... Other than that, this is pretty accurate...

Might be a promotional thing. Your listening minutes are kinda low.

I found earlier in the year that Drake kept "appearing" in my discover weekly/new music friday playlists, despite not listening to any drake ever, or anything that remotely sounded like Drake. Im almost certain he was being intentionally promoted to appear.

I had to click "never play this artist" before it stopped.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
I listened to non-mainstream music 94% more than the average user.

Surprised NIN got so far up there since I've been big into Cane Hill since I found out about them. Also SoaD is a big surprise. My top artists of 2018 are pretty similar to my personal top artists of 2000 lmao.

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
downloadqddye.png

Use use discover weekly alot so I generally listen to loads of different songs. Veronika's Dream I know, but can't remember playing it more than one or two times.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
And the minutes count is way lower than it is in reality because I have also listened to an obscene amount on my wife's account as well, when she is at home.

capturea8dfs.png

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Untitled.jpg

Surprised at Pianocello being on there, since they only have one album and I found them by literally just searching "piano and cello." Guess it turned up in my daily mixes a lot. No real surprises here otherwise for me.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I have a bit over 1,400 minutes of listening. I don't really use Spotify that much except when I don't feel like grabbing my dedicated music player. I have about 600 hours on my dedicated music player this year.
I like the idea of the playlist with music I don't normally listen too. I enjoy exploring new stuff so I'll be giving that a listen.
Koda Kumi was my top artist lol

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Barely touched Spotify this year so this isn't going to tell me much. Hopefully Last.fm does their usual end of year wrap up.

Edit: This thing is already wrong. Says the first artist I discovered in 2018 was The Modern Lovers, I've been listening to them for years on Spotify.

Edit2: Also why does this site run like complete dogshit?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
37 hours listening to strictly The Bird and the Bee. Damn.
k3cEcQd.png

List doesn't make much sense as Pink and Paramore were from someone else on my account and only at the start of the year. Considering I have listened to over 600 hours of music they don't make much sense being in the top 3. Hell I barely listened to Say anything relatively as well. Would have thought Michael Jackson would be in the top 5 for sure.

abeeiamnot

Oct 27, 2017
My boyfriend and I went through all of Prince's discography this year so that affected that top artist placement, but otherwise a very accurate representation of my year.
K48yBUG.jpg

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
4Z4bbBE.png

This sums up my year with music pretty well. The Top 100 Songs playlist definitely has a few odd songs that I'm sure I listened to far less than other songs, but, overall, it is accurate as well. I use to be a big last.fm user so it's always cool to see my listening stats whenever I can.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I listened to Coheed and Cambria for 57 hours this year.

64,220 minutes worth of music as well.

I need to chill.

Deleted member 12379

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fWLY5EL.jpg

I usually listen to 1 song over and over and over and over until I get sick of it. Depending on the work I'm doing that might last weeks lol. Definitely don't remember listening to Jesus on repeat....

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
spotifyerceh.jpg

Top artist is Keep Shelly in Athens. First year using Spotify.. cool!

Also lol @ rain sounds. I listen at night sometimes.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I've only had Spotify Premium for about ~6 months, and uh...
YBEsqfY.png

Someone cancel my Hip-hop era membership.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
My account got hacked and the jerks kept listening to nasty hip hop (legendary fruitman). Now he is my top artist, tragic.

I don't even want to look at the website again, I'm kind of mad.

Oct 27, 2017
7WIzIpQ.jpg

I have no idea how Taylor Swift crept into the list, but whatever. I've listened to more Carly Rae Jepsen in the last two weeks than probably anything else in the whole year, but I guess she was too late a discovery to make the cut :(

Those songs are by Green Day, Belinda Carlisle, Simon & Garfunkel, Belind Carlisle (again) and Save Ferris.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Jcnu0WH.jpg

Look I really like Undertale

...these end of year lists are fun, but they really make me wish you could toggle off history/algorithm stuff per playlist. This is the second year in a row where it's been absolutely dominated by a couple writing playlists I've listened to endlessly for specific projects over the last couple years. (Also, my #1 track being literal white noise is just kind of hilarious.) I'd really like to know what my end of year stats would look like without those in the mix.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
My sleep-time 50s radio show listening skews my stats a lot, but my Top 100 playlist is full of gold:

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
AseJE4x.png

I also listen to a lot of local music files which probably explains the low listening minutes. Spotify Premium is one subscription I don't regret paying for in the slightest.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
...these end of year lists are fun, but they really make me wish you could toggle off history/algorithm stuff per playlist. This is the second year in a row where it's been absolutely dominated by a couple writing playlists I've listened to endlessly for specific projects over the last couple years. (Also, my #1 track being literal white noise is just kind of hilarious.) I'd really like to know what my end of year stats would look like without those in the mix.
For what it's worth, you can switch to a private mode (maybe it's called anonymous?) which won't output your music to stuff like last.fm or your sidebar.. not sure if that affects this sort of thing or not.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way mines right, says I only listened to 3000 minutes of music when I probably listen to that on my commutes to work and back this year alone. Plus my "I found a new track lemme bump it for a week" singles dominate my top 100. These icebreakers though, good AF. Everybody should post their playlists

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mine was what I expected Ghost, Coheed and Cambria, and Miracle of sound, with all top songs from Ghost who I listened to for 201 hours. Yeah I have issues.

I was more suprised Devin Townsend didn't show up since I got into him like two months ago and have been listening to quite a bit of it lately.