• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Merkunt

Oct 25, 2017
meh

iIrx614.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
I had to laugh at the tastebreakers playlist - lots of stuff I normally listen to, some even on my mega playlist.
I think playlists/songs I'm learning on guitar affected this a bit

Mr blue sky is definitely a regular drunk listen

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
ioflgYl.png

Sort of surprised that Don Toliver got to the top but I may have fallen asleep with his album on loop.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Shocked at it myself. First year that the weekend isn't in top 5 and I'm shocked better now is one lol.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My taste breakers playlist turned out pretty good. Happy to have switched back to Spotify from Apple.

bm1677

Oct 28, 2017
MfS0HYL.jpg

Not surprised by the top 2 on this one. Had those two on repeat for months. Don't remember ever playing The Beatles this year though...

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
They have all these stats but won't just make them visible on your profile throughout the year. C'mon Spotify.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They need to add a larger character limit for songs, all of mine get cut off.

46NEmWa.jpg

My top 5 isn't accurate in the image - here's my top 10 from the playlist.

ygTgAWp.jpg

JiliK

Nov 1, 2017
mB4oCZ1l.png

Mmm, okay. Not exactly what I was expecting, but some pretty good stuff on there.

Annoying that they don't list the artists along with the top songs though; I had to look some of them up! All GRLwood and Bleached as it turns out.

My top 100 playlist is all over the place though: lots of artists I came across on the Discover Weekly playlist, and gave a couple of listens to before deciding 'nah'. Good thing I've been working on my own. :)

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like image hosting is broken?

Anyway, here's mine, very open to PM's from people that share similar tastes:

Also this is very onbrand for me, I am 148% not mainstream:

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
I take real issue with how they call it "Lieblingskünster/in" in German when the English word they use is much better, the "top artist".

Because Subway to Sally isn't my favourite artist. I just listen to it a lot out of Nostalgia. Urgh, Spotify.

Anyway, here's my list:

DLqzdBw.png

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I take real issue with how they call it "Lieblingskünster/in" in German when the English word they use is much better, the "top artist".

Because Subway to Sally isn't my favourite artist. I just listen to it a lot out of Nostalgia. Urgh, Spotify.

Anyway, here's my list:

DLqzdBw.png
This just makes me glad I am not the only one with Miracle of Sound as a Top Artist.

Kater

Oct 25, 2017
This just makes me glad I am not the only one with Miracle of Sound as a Top Artist.
His work is very much underappreciated I feel. Many still associate him with his work from years ago like "Commander Shepard" but when you listen to his new songs it shows how much he has grown since then. "Some Things Never Change" is a song that I have come back to so many times this year, really fits the mood a lot of the times (in games or just in daily life). The person behind MoS is genuinely funny and charming as well, he's one of the hosts of the Podquisition hosted on Jim Sterling's website and soundcloud.

Definitely consider him to be my musician of the year, his songs were constantly on my mind and on my playlists.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
His work is very much underappreciated I feel. Many still associate him with his work from years ago like "Commander Shepard" but when you listen to his new songs it shows how much he has grown since then. "Some Things Never Change" is a song that I have come back to so many times this year, really fits the mood a lot of the times (in games or just in daily life). The person behind MoS is genuinely funny and charming as well, he's one of the hosts of the Podquisition hosted on Jim Sterling's website and soundcloud.

Definitely consider him to be my musician of the year, his songs were constantly on my mind and on my playlists.
Lots of truth in there, and yes Gavin is great on Podquisition and it's how I found him. It's just nice to have music mostly based on games that is still not only quality but you could play a lot of his stuff beyond some early tracks without people even knowing how game inspired it is.