• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

In case the tweet doesn't load, there's a paragraph of text next to a concept art piece that points out a part of the drawing with Spyro and the text "Spyro 4" under it. It's not particularly shocking that Activision will most likely keep working on the IP, but still good to see! The Spyro remakes were gorgeous already so can't even imagine how good it's gonna look and feel.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
I hope Spyro retains his reignited trilogy look in his next game. Crash looked a bit off in 4.

Last edited:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I am happy to see 3D platformers having their revival renaissance right now. As someone who thought Yooka-Laylee might be the game that revitalized the genre, I was pretty let down thinking we missed our shot. But now with the success of Crash, Spyro, and Astro Bot I feel like we finally have some food to eat.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to a new Spyro game since I've always liked the purple dragon the reignited trilogy did an exceptional job with the character designs.

c410f6e9f32cd7ee7559d4c1b9ac4446.gif

Not to bothered about it being called Spyro 4 either considering the "Current" Spyro 4, unlike The Wrath of Cortex which has it's positives and shouldn't be ignored entirely, even though It's About Time is the better game of the two, Enter The Dragonfly has next to no redeeming factors about it.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
If true, oh boyo I am excite. Truthfully, amazing as Crash Bandicoot 4 looked, I wanted a Spyro sequel more.

Jamesbuc

Dec 29, 2018
Looking forward to a new Spyro game since I've always liked the purple dragon the reignited trilogy did an exceptional job with the character designs.

c410f6e9f32cd7ee7559d4c1b9ac4446.gif

Not to bothered about it being called Spyro 4 either considering the "Current" Spyro 4, unlike The Wrath of Cortex which has it's positives and shouldn't be ignored entirely, even though It's About Time is the better game of the two, Enter The Dragonfly has next to no redeeming factors about it.

What about 'A Hero's Tail'. I always felt that game often gets unfairly lumped alongside the dark reboot Spyro tried and didnt do brilliantly with.

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
God damnit, I hope it is just like the classics, especially the first which is the best one of the franchise without too much minigames (like 2) or shit side-characters (3), although 3 is still a very good game.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Aww, yay! Can't wait to see Spyro 4 someday! Hope it's soon! Would be a great announcement for the game awards.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's not as hard as Crash 4. Seriously, even as a HUGE fan of platformers, Crash 4 is just TOO HARD. Almost, thought not quite, to the point where I don't enjoy playing it.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What about 'A Hero's Tail'. I always felt that game often gets unfairly lumped alongside the dark reboot Spyro tried and didnt do brilliantly with.

Hero's Tail is alright, I don't really like a lot of the character redesigns that game does myself but it plays a lot better than Enter the Dragonfly ever did and feels like an actual complete product. Though once again I do feel like it's outshined by it's Crash Counterpart at the time with Twinsanity (Even though Twinsanity was the game that needed more time in the oven of the two of them).

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Aw yiss THIS is the game i'm waiting for. I don't expect it to be as good as the RT but i'm still looking forward to it.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Spyro was my favorite PS1 series, always preferred it to Crash.

I'll be there day 1 for a sequel involving any of the teams that worked on the Crash/Spyro remakes.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't the (Crash 4 level spoiler)
massive inflatable Spyro in Off Beat and in the opening level not have been a bigger hint?

Tricky to say.

There was also a Pura in a Crash Team Racing Kart balloon in the parade as well as a Skylander. Plus Spyro has another cameo in the game in the first level of the game and Spyro cameos in Crash Games have happened in the past (Twinsanity and more recently Nitro Fueled)

If it was a brand new design we haven't seen before, maybe it would have been a clue. But this is specifically the first case we see a Spyro with a 4 beneath it.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's not as hard as Crash 4. Seriously, even as a HUGE fan of platformers, Crash 4 is just TOO HARD. Almost, thought not quite, to the point where I don't enjoy playing it.

I would imagine the game wouldn't be difficult. I don't recall the Spyro games being known for their tediousness...Crash tho 😅. I concur though—Crash 4 can test one's patience.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
Tricky to say.

There was also a Pura in a Crash Team Racing Kart balloon in the parade as well as a Skylander. Plus Spyro has another cameo in the game in the first level of the game and Spyro cameos in Crash Games have happened in the past (Twinsanity and more recently Nitro Fueled)

If it was a brand new design we haven't seen before, maybe it would have been a clue. But this is specifically the first case we see a Spyro with a 4 beneath it.
Ohhhh! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! It's a '4'!

I am stupid, apparently.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019

Personally, I hope it's more difficult/engaging than the other Spyro games. The way you could just coast through those games without much platforming is part of why I prefer Crash

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the trilogy, although I still have to finish it haha. Three games was a lot, so a single new one should be better as long as it's priced fairly

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Yas! Spyro is my jam, much more than Crash. Even when the Crash trilogy was announced I was just thinking "please do well and convince them to bring Spyro back next."

God damnit, I hope it is just like the classics, especially the first which is the best one of the franchise without too much minigames (like 2) or shit side-characters (3), although 3 is still a very good game.
Same, the other two are fine but the first game is where my heart is with. Had such a cool universe/aesthetic that I think was diluted somewhat when they brought in a bunch of DeviantArt characters in the second game. Spyro 1 ended on a massive cliffhanger too which bugged the hell out of me as a kid when Spyro 2 totally ignored it.

Gouf

May 17, 2018
Personally, I hope it's more difficult/engaging than the other Spyro games. The way you could just coast through those games without much platforming is part of why I prefer Crash
I don't think Spyro games are ever going to be difficult in a platforming sense like Crash is. It's just not really what it's about. Spyro was always more about exploration and discovering secrets in the levels while looking for gems, so I hope they double down on that aspect.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I don't think Spyro games are ever going to be difficult in a platforming sense like Crash is. It's just not really what it's about. Spyro was always more about exploration and discovering secrets in the levels while looking for gems, so I hope they double down on that aspect.
Yup it's collectathon the game. Collecting shit is the point. Anyone looking to classic Spyro for a hardcore platforming gauntlet is going to come away disappointed.

Spyro 1 has some very tricky parts for you to navigate (like Tree Tops), but the reward is still just completion unto itself.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019

I guess yeah, they just appeal to different people. It's too bad because I do really like the art style/world, and music of Spyro, and Spyro as a character, but I guess the gameplay just isn't really for me.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Yep, this is how I always saw the series. Although, there would be some mini-game/side stuff here and there that would pose a bit of challenge sometimes.

Nov 2, 2018
Yup it's collectathon the game. Collecting shit is the point. Anyone looking to classic Spyro for a hardcore platforming gauntlet is going to come away disappointed.

Spyro 1 has some very tricky parts for you to navigate (like Tree Tops), but the reward is still just completion unto itself.

Yeah considering a lot more care went into Spyro 1 than 2 and 3 I hope they don't lean in to challenging platforming (an then over lean like they did with Crash apparently) for me personally 2 and 3 are the right pace for Spyro.

I wonder if Crash's arts style was changed so everything would gel better in a potential crossover game which is definitely where I'd be going if I was Activision.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, people are taking the word "hint" as evidence of a planned sequel?

Like, you can just use that word to indicate something obscured.

Oct 27, 2017
I canceled my pre-order for this book after it kept getting delayed AND because Ripper Roo was cut from the game. Figured any art of his would be insignificant like the meager cameos he has in 4.