• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
CNNMRHJ.png

Your favorite Dragon and Bandicoot are back! With the Spyro + Crash Remastered Game Bundle, you get two fully remastered trilogies, the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, for a total of six iconic games.
  • Rekindle the fire with the original three Spyro games, Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
  • Then spin, jump, and wump as you take on the three Crash games that started it all, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped.

It looks like there's a new bundle that packs in both Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy into a single package (two discs for each trilogy/series most likely) in a new bundle called "Spyro + Crash Game Bundle" for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It's listed on several sites including Walmart for $59.99 USD MSRP, which takes away some of the skepticism that I had regarding the legitimacy of it.

Those two covers are coming straight out of Walmart's listings because before that, there were a few local stores that had low-res images of both the Xbox One (those were cropped and added to both covers on the Side Scrollers banner image) and PS4 cover-arts (Side Scrollers, Game 'n DVD Exchange), as well as some other retailers/sites listed below).

There is one thing that's concerning: Spyro Reignited Trilogy seems to still require "content download" for both consoles/platforms, especially after it backfired on Activision/Toys for Bob and led them to delay the game with "love and care" without citing anything regarding this issue. Also, the PR response from Activision does not count as its a vague "no comment" statement.

Anyways, what do you guys think about this? I know some people here prefer Spyro more than Crash, speaking as a Crash fan myself and I understand the reasons. But also, I understand that there are people who would love to get on the hype train and get both remakes in one pack, this isn't new if you are familiar with either franchise, like the Superpack for the GBA.

EDIT: It seems like Walmart, Bull Moose, and Side Scrollers have delisted the bundle, it's only a matter of time on when this will be announced. Here's something to verify that it is real via BrickSeek: PlayStation 4 - Xbox One

Update: It looks like the bundle is shipped to retailers, in this case from the Reddit user PiggyMcsquee, is the PS4 version at Best Buy.
Update 2: Here's the back cover of the bundle from the same user

Update 3: Looks like Amazon also has the bundle sold for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It's currently live on Amazon Japan, using the ASIN Lookup tool, we can see that the English title is already set and will be revealed once Activision announces the bundle. For Japanese fans, please note that this listing is a North American import.

Amazon Japan: Xbox One - PlayStation 4
Amazon ASIN (Lookup Tool): Xbox One - PlayStation 4

Update 4: Looks like Microsoft has listed the bundle sold for Xbox One digitally. It's currently live on the Microsoft Store in Japan, please note that Spyro Reignited Trilogy does not feature any kind of Japanese localization what so ever. This bundle will go live on the Microsoft Store everywhere else where applicable soon for tomorrow's launch.

Get the Spyro/Crash Bundle for Xbox One on Microsoft Store
Retailers/Sites listing the bundle:

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
"original 6 games remastered"

Did they really need to put that in the boxart? It already looks kinda ugly in the Crash one.

Bartend3r

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a great deal.

But why is download required only on Xbox?

Edit: my bad. Didn't see the warning on PS4 box.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
*Requires content download.

Stay classy Activision.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
"Requires content download", eh? Makes sense for 6 full games. But did we ever establish whether that situation was changed for the standalone Spyro remaster?

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
sad to hear that the spyro download issue is still a thing, but still this is a very good deal in terms of content

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
This is amazing value. If I hadn't already played Crash I'd snatch this up. Cannot wait for Spyro. Most anticipated title of November and December for me honestly.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Requires content download...?

Come on.

That said, Crash and Spyro bundle is an obvious pairing that needed to be done.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Were the additional Crash levels on disc for Xbox? But it's totally Spyro being downloaded still.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Incredibly disappointing for Spyro to have been delayed and yet there's still a download required to play the games. At least we'll find out what exactly that entails in about two weeks.

Oct 29, 2017
There is one thing that's concerning: Spyro Reignited Trilogy seems to still require "content download" for both consoles/platforms, especially after it backfired on Activision/Toys for Bob and led them to delay the game with "love and care" without citing anything regarding this issue. Also, the PR response from Activision does not count as its a vague "no comment" statement.
Are you freaking kidding me? Get the hell out of here Activision.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Growing up on Nintendo, I've never actually played any of these games, ever, so I might have to pick this up to experience a childhood that I never had.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I love when people make their own truth lol.
Spyro was delayed because it needed time, not because some people whined on the internet over the download thing.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else remember Crash Purple and Spyro Orange for the GBA? That was my first introduction to either of these characters, and this totally reminds me of that in an awesome way.