• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey

If this doesn't mean anything, then I don't know what. I expect a patch happening this month at the very least.

Lock if old.

Habimaru

Oct 29, 2017
The code has been embedded since day one. It just makes a sound and locks Crash 3, as in a little nod.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
Who's BetaM and why should we believe some text that could have been typed in notepad?

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. So they're really going to do it and patch the demo in at some point huh? I feel like these are one of those wild dreams I had that I was assured would never come true, and now I don't know what's reality and fiction anymore. I need to go check if Megaman Legends 3 actually did come out on 3DS now.

DrazilKaj

Oct 25, 2017
RG0BS1U.gif

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They should just stealth drop this and let us find out about the Spyro remake without an announcement. It could be an amazing reveal like how P.T. was used to announce Silent Hills.

OP
OP
SNRUB

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
How do I access this demo again? Or is it just some lines of code?
It's nothing ATM.

Putting in the OG Spyro 1 demo code in the title screen for NST (with Crash 3 selected) resulted in the selection cursor disappearing for no reason. We assumed this was just a glitch involving menus, but it's been confirmed to have been intentional.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this just an easter egg. You enter the code from Crash 3 at the menu and something minor happens.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
In the OG Crash 3, inputting the Konami Code would boot a Spyro demo.

Doing it on N-Sane made the cursor disappear, but apparently there was more to it than we thought...

BetaM

Feb 5, 2018
Who's BetaM and why should we believe some text that could have been typed in notepad?
N.Sane Trilogy required PS4 4.55 to be extracted which was only hacked a few days ago, hence it being so late. I've also uploaded some raw voicelines including an unused one here.

I don't know whether it confirms a demo to be added, but, as I said there, I think it confirms the button code being intentionally added as opposed to being a bug like some people thought.

Last edited:

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No way they go through the effort to make a demo launch from inside the game with a random code in 2018.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
A speedrunner of the Crash and Spyro series who is doing a lot of glitch hunting. He has done some TASes and definitely knows his stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/mat5b

N.Sane Triogy required PS4 4.55 to be extracted which was only hacked a few days ago, hence it being so late. I've also uploaded some raw voicelines including an unused one here.

4.55 is open for everybody so this and many other games are able to be ripped apart.
Thanks! makes a lot more sense.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
If the revealed Spyro by stealth-adding a demo to Crash...

No way, but that would be a fucking amazing reveal.

Oct 25, 2017
No way they go through the effort to make a demo launch from inside the game with a random code in 2018.
It's not a random code, it's the same one from the original games that would launch the demo for Spyro back on the PSX. Not only would it be a brilliant homage, but it would be incredible free marketing to embed a demo level from the current Spyro remake currently in production into every copy of N. Sane to notify fans that "another remake is on the way, check it out!"

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a random code, it's the same one from the original games that would launch the demo for Spyro back on the PSX. Not only would it be a brilliant homage, but it would be incredible free marketing to embed a demo level from the current Spyro remake currently in production into every copy of N. Sane to notify fans that "another remake is on the way, check it out!"

That would be dope as hell. I do not know why people are so against it, lol.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I entered this code on day one when the trilogy came out, it certainly did something, as it would make a ding.
I hope we also get an HDR patch for the N.Sane Trilogy

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
The fact that the words SpyroDemo show up in a text string somewhere doesnt actually mean much. People name things for all sorts of reasons.

Now all the other evidence all but confirms that a game is coming IMO. This thing linked in the OP means nothing.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
That could be an interesting (and awesome!) sales technique. I'm sure it'll sell a few more copies of the Crash remake if there's an early and exclusive demo of Spyro patched in. Plus it's a great nostalgic homage to the original games.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Would be nice to see, I was one of the first ones out there to find and upload a video of that demo code in the first place.

Heck someone else has already posted it here, if the Spyro Demo does go up, I will be sure to post a video playing the demo as well.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
This was literally the first thing I did in the N. Sane Trilogy. I was happy enough the code did anything, but now it's straight-up called "SpyroDemo" in the code? I was already excited for the demo, but this is on a whole different level. I can't wait for this stealth update!

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Seems like the kind of thing that could be announced during Sony E3 press conference as "Available Now". With people trying to figure out what the update for Crash N'Sane trilogy could include the day prior the event.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I have a feeling that people spoiled their E3 surprise. Activision doesn't even have a press conference at E3, so I can see them appearing at the Sony Conference and announcing a 20th anniversary game or collection and then telling Crash N.Sane owners that they can download the demo within N.Sane early, and then release a public demo later? does that sound plausible?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Maybe just common engines?

N. Sane Trilogy responds to the player inputting the code for the Spyro 1 demo in the original Crash Bandicoot: Warped, complete with the menu locking you into Warped in NST. It definitely seems like the demo's getting patched into the game when you input the code.