• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It has been out for like 9 days for people who subscribe to EA's premium Origin service
Maybe pre-orders are really bad tho

We've seen everything this year except like, Forza (which had insane growth from Horizon 3 in terms of overall fanbase) experience drops in UK physical sales this year. V isn't going to do BF1 numbers, but it's gotten mostly positive feedback from what I've heard about streamers playing and I personally like it a lot more now compared to the beta.

I subscribe to Origin Access Premier (because I wanted to support Madden returning to PC for the modding scene, plus all the DLC and Battlefield and eventually Anthem make it worthwhile) and that wouldn't exactly be something retailers know about either, right?

Why does it feel like these UK threads are always about stuff selling badly?

Because we're quickly moving into the digital future, plus games releasing on Fridays when their predecessors came out on Tuesdays, or earlier premium releases (sometimes digital only...). There are all kinds of inconsistencies that for some reason don't stop these pessimistic tweets/headlines from getting attention.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Damn good for Spyro, waiting for a switch release.
Fo76 deserves it, it's a rushed and unfinished product.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
I'll be sad if Hitman flops but I'm really hoping BFV and Fallout do terribly so the two respective devs and publishers take a long hard look at their practices and do better in the future.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually surprised Fallout isn't just automatically doing well, I didn't think it'd do insane numbers or anything, but it's not even like the marketing has been bad, I've personally seen a bunch of ads for it. Or had bad beta impressions, they were at most mixed. Hell, Bethesda pretty much kept the bugs underwraps too, with it just being beta footage, so no major backlash there.

People still busy with RDR2 maybe?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Hitman selling poorly was pretty obviously gonna happen. I love the games but the episodic schedule and then the release amongst all the heavy hitters were both really bone headed decisions for what is arguably a pretty niche game. Hopefully though the budget was low enough to still be profitable.
As for Fallout honestly, I'm not gonna shed tears. As much as I love BGS and Fallout games, the line should be drawn somewhere, 76 is just way too low effort to even be called AAA in my opinion.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
That's great to hear for Pokemon and Spyro. A shame about Hitman 2 though as it's a neat Stealth game with the new areas being fun to explore around in IMO.

Switch and PC release is very likely in 2019, though an earlier release coinciding with X1 and PS4 would've indeed helped its sales. We'll see if its late release will do well.
Though I am curious, isn't the game like 50+ GB on PS4 at least? Wonder what corners they're gonna cut to get it on the Switch.

My digital-only download was 30GB; took about 90 minutes to download for me.

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Hitman 2 looks like a expansion pack for Hitman 2016, I wonder what sales IO were expecting.

Oct 26, 2017
Hitman selling poorly was pretty obviously gonna happen. I love the games but the episodic schedule and then the release amongst all the heavy hitters were both really bone headed decisions for what is arguably a pretty niche game. Hopefully though the budget was low enough to still be profitable.
As for Fallout honestly, I'm not gonna shed tears. As much as I love BGS and Fallout games, the line should be drawn somewhere, 76 is just way too low effort to even be called AAA in my opinion.

But... Hitman doesn't have an episodic schedule.

Oct 25, 2017
Qjt5XfT.png

Building on the let's go comment.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking to a rep in GAME last week painted an ugly picture for Fallout sales...
Yeah I had the manager at GAME yesterday tell me they have sold a total of 7 since release.

Then I heard a rep ask a customer if was played fallout, their response was they prefer the single player experience as it's more immersive so was going to bother

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Will wait for the 20th before seeing what BFV does. Most of numbers are digital at this point.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I thought Battlefield V had already came out months ago if not last year.

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
I would have bought Hitman 2 if they had released it at any other time of year. Right now I just don't have the time to play it in the wake of AC: Odyssey, RDR2, and the Spider-Man DLC.

Heck, I still haven't had the chance to finish Patient Zero from the first game yet.

V-Mac

Banned
Jul 4, 2018
What rumblings? Battlefield 5 hasnt launched officially yet.

Edit: Oh he says next week. I guess he has seen pre-order stuff etc.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I have to say, I never ever got the impression building up to release that Fallout 76 was going to perform well sales wise. Maybe the situation will be different in other countries, but in the UK at least, "selling poor" is really what I expected.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Nothing surprising here.
Too bad for Hitman but it looking like an expansion (I don't mean that as a criticism of the actual game btw) plus the release window kinda doomed it. Hopefully the lower budget (according to gianbomb) and the legs will make it profitable for Io.

We'll see how Battlefield does when it's actually released but I've never seen an entry in the series with so little buzz.

And I might end up picking up Spyro after watching some footage of it. Never played the originals but this collection looks delightful.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if we'll hear how popular the Pokeball + is, IIRC we have been told for other games how different SKUs have performed so we could expect the same here hopefully.

Oct 27, 2017
I think Spyro will do way more than "decent", especially in the UK where the PlayStation nostalgia is the strongest of any part in the world, as seen with Crash and even WipEout Omega Collection to a lesser extent.