• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sw26

Oct 27, 2017
If Hitman had released 2-3 months ago I would have bought it day one, coming so quick on the heels of Red Dead means that I will be waiting for a price cut as I'm not going to play it in the meantime.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout and Hitman are two of my favorite franchises but sadly I don't like the direction of the last games.

I couldn't care less for a game like Fallout 76 after the disappointment from Fallout 4. I am really curious how Bethesda thought that Fallout 76 was a good idea for the franchise. I think that they should put the franchise on freeze for a few years.

About Hitman sadly I just don't like the direction of the game since the reboot. Maybe is just me so I really wish all the best for this franchise.

And Battlefield V is gonna be fine.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's a weird one with Hitman 2. Game looks amazing but you could just tell it was going to struggle. I don't really know why.
It's not the kind of game that a lot of people want to play nowadays and it has pretty weak marketing on top of a questionable release date. Had bomba written all over it.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Io have been making the same game for almost 20 years, they need to change it up. Hitwoman might be a start.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
If let's go does similar to XY that would be a great start IMO considering some of the expectations. It's releasing early in the switches lifespan and it'll continue to pull good numbers over the next few months as the switch will be selling a ton of HW.

Guess we have to wait for official numbers though.

DessieDoo

Jan 17, 2018
Shame about battlefield. I just know the reactionaries and incels are going to claim low sales of BF as a victory in the war of ideas

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm not sure how common it is overall but no. It seems to largely happen with Nintendo platforms/games.

NISA noted that Disgaea 5 Complete was the first/only time a Disgaea game has sold more in France than the UK.
I always had the feeling that the JRPGs did exceptionally well in France with respect to the UK, I guess I was wrong

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
I feel like Battlefield is suffering because it's only been two years since the release of the last installment. I think they could've waited 6-12 months to put this out and it will sell better.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Hitman 2 don't bomb,but why the hell they choice to release at this time of the year?Hitman needs a slow month to be the spotlight game.

Deleted member 25128

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm a massive BF freak and BFV is the least hyped I've ever been for a mainline game.

Yeah yeah tell me all about these technical changes as much as you want. But the fact is, if it looks too much like BF1 to a fan like me, then to a causal fan it must look identical.

Will still get it but the above, coupled with this staggered release date, has really killed my interest

I think they will realise doing this extended staggered release will actually damage sales in the long run. Gaming is about being hyped for a game, knowing its release date and going out and buying it.... when you do staggered release I get the impression it just drives people to care less as the launch day hype is lost. Doesn't help with 7 billion different editions that make it so confusing now. Why they dont just stick with a normal and premium on same day I dont know... probably suggests they dont have enough content to justify a premium edition and expect people to pay $20-30 more for getting it earlier.

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like as the year is coming to a close people are just about done with long involved experiences and want to just chill. It's been an insane year in games and pokemon lets go is just what I needed to relax cause so low effort. Jan and Feb of next year are gonna be insane so need time to recharge.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny with BF V, I just checked and you can actually buy at retail the £80 SKU giving access now, so I guess that's why it's going to do appalling numbers. Only the hardest of fans will pay that price, and I bet the majority will go digital but as far as sales goes the game released already

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Spyro was always going to be a hit. Probably not as big as crash but a hit none the less. Looking forward to PAL charts on Monday.

EA have royally fucked up Battlefield one of their biggest franchises. They had so much fun goodwill back when they announced BF1. I felt the DLC locked behind a paywall ultimately hurt it but overall it was a success.

They've now pissed all that good will away. IMO they should have done Vietnam this time and WW2 the next one. Doing 2 old wars in a row is too much. Plus they should have stuck to the traditional battlefield feel. The reveal for BFV was an absolute disaster.

Lastly they should have launched it next March. When all the content would be ready. Feels like they were greedy for holiday sales. Take a leaf out of Sonys book and realise you can release in spring and be hugely successful. My battlefield buddies and myself will be getting this half price on sale in spring.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Qjt5XfT.png

Building on the let's go comment.

Pokemon with stock shortages in the UK is actually pretty surprising to me. Even with lukewarm pre-orders you'd think retailers wouldn't have a problem ordering a lot of copies of a Pokemon game.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been hard to keep up. I have the following on the go right now:
Spider-Man
BLOPS4
RDR2
HITMAN 2
and a bunch of other games

I am struggling to juggle all of these -- and I plan to get BF5 soon as well.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's been hard to keep up. I have the following on the go right now:
Spider-Man
BLOPS4
RDR2
HITMAN 2
and a bunch of other games

I am struggling to juggle all of these -- and I plan to get BF5 soon as well.
These last few months are just too packed.

I keep forgetting that Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Soulcalibur VI, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey came out already...

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to support Hitman 2, but there are so many games and money is finite. Just a bad time slot in the year

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These last few months are just too packed.

I keep forgetting that Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Soulcalibur VI, and Assassin's Creed Odyssey came out already...
Yeah, totally. I have Odyssey but I haven't even started it yet. Was meaning to look into TR as well but I'd need to play the first 2 games before doing so.

Too many good games all at once, I tell you.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Freedom Fighters, Mini Ninjas, Kane and Lynch and Hitman are all the same game? Guess you learn something new every day.

Yes, those ancient dead franchises including a ps2 game certainly proved me wrong.

7 of their 11 games made have been hitman ones. That's 64% of their output. Care to humiliate yourself any further?
Only if she remains bald and proceeds to dress up as Santa Claus or the like.

Britney Spears DLC, I like it.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If Hitman would've launched in July, or next February I would've Day 1'd it. I just have too much going on right now, and Red Dead is the only game I have time for.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Launching in November feels more like Warner's call than IO's. Such a shame but I think anyone could have seen this coming a mile away.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If you didn't buy Hitman 2, I don't want to see you complaining about the death of the stealth game genre at some point. That blood will be on your hands.