• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
It's a shame because Hitman 2 is good fun, maybe an earlier release would've helped sales a bit more.
I'm also a bit surprised by F76's performance because it seemed like it had a lot of hype from the casual fanbase. Maybe the beta and streams changed a lot of people's minds.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Do people just not like good games anymore?
People prioritize.

Same thing has ALWAYS happened in November. I remember once when Ubisoft released Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Beyond Good & Evil, and Splinter Cell all within the same week, then acted shocked when not all of them succeeded like they hoped.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even care if Fallout 76 does well, in fact I hope it shows Bethesda that it was a bad idea to do in the first place

Hitman 2 those should have either released a few months earlier or maybe just waited till December and have it as a Christmas gift idea right before the holidays as the only game coming out I think in December is Just Cause 4 so you would have a thinking shooter and one shooter that's just blow the f*** out of everything

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
BFV has been a PR dud so wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't sell well. I didn't know it was possible to get booed at E3 but EA managed to do it with BFV.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I'd have bought Hitman if Sunset Overdrive didn't release so close it, and cheaper as well.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
So its pretty safe to assume that Hitman is dead..? FML.. Cant wait for the future tps hitman lootbox bonanza.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
thats sad to hear about hitman, bf and fallout... I wanted to get Hitman but I got a backlog, its gotta wait, spent too much cash past few months as is from games

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if releasing all those major adult action games within a six week period was a bad idea

But that's every year?
Surely there's another reason behind BF failing expectations? Origin Access?

Sadly Hitman didn't do great last time either and Fallout76 I think nuff said there with the beta reception and I imagine some won't be interested in an online only title

Edit:
Oh BFV isn't fully out yet?
And this is physical only?
Nothing too shocking here I think then

Last edited:

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
NISA noted that Disgaea 5 Complete was the first/only time a Disgaea game has sold more in France than the UK.
I believe that Disgaea 5 was the first game available in french.

If you didn't buy Hitman 2, I don't want to see you complaining about the death of the stealth game genre at some point. That blood will be on your hands.
I bought Hitman (2016) at launch and it was my favorite game of this year. I will buy Hitman 2, but now I just don't have enough time to play it...

Launch a game in mid-November is just dumb, especially this year. People are already busy.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes, those ancient dead franchises including a ps2 game certainly proved me wrong.

7 of their 11 games made have been hitman ones. That's 64% of their output. Care to humiliate yourself any further?

Britney Spears DLC, I like it.
If you didn't want me to bring out PS2 games you shouldn't have been so hyperbolic and said the last 20 years, and 64% is still not to bad when compared to many other studios. But you generally seem like an ass so don't bother replying.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Worth pointing out that BFV Deluxe (early access) is exclusive to GAME at retai in UK, it's priced at £79.99 which is the exact same price as digital copy.

Also not everywhere has a local GAME to go and buy it.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Worth pointing out that BFV Deluxe (early access) is exclusive to GAME at retai in UK, it's priced at £79.99 which is the exact same price as digital copy.

Also not everywhere has a local GAME to go and buy it.
He's perhaps basing that on customer interest and/or preorders I assume. We've heard BFV has been underperforming in preorders from various sources, so I guess this is just adding to that, as we near full launch.

I think a crowded last quarter (all vying for a very similar shooter market), RDR2 sucking the hype out of everything else, steep prices and no doubt the likes of Fortnite are hurting things at retail.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
what's the UKs fascination with old PSX shit

From personal experience growing up here in the UK during the PSX era, it basically came down to Nintendo not being super popular outside of the Game Boy and the incredibly successful Sega kinda shooting themselves in the foot. People who wanted Sega's brand of "cool" jumped ship to PlayStation.

It also helped that the PS1 was when we finally started seeing big Japanese games get brought over. Final Fantasy VII was the first FF game to be released in the UK with the FF title. Oh, and there was very easy piracy. Lots and lots of piracy.

When I was in school pretty much the only game on the N64 that got any interest was Pokémon Stadium, and even then I remember other kids wishing it was on PS1.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I'm getting Hitman later on... I'm still half through RDR and AstroBot right now.

Plus I got Let's Go for the switch yesterday... Fallout 76 and BF5 can flop, I don't care... BF5 is an unfinished early access game so no wonder.

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman deserves better, Fallout 76 deserves to sell like ass. Battlefield, hard to judge. I feel like that series exploded when it became cool to hate CoD, so maybe now it's just normalizing. CoD is just way more exciting than BF this year.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
He's perhaps basing that on customer interest and/or preorders I assume. We've heard BFV has been underperforming in preorders from various sources, so I guess this is just adding to that, as we near full launch.

I think a crowded last quarter (all vying for a very similar shooter market), RDR2 sucking the hype out of everything else, steep prices and no doubt the likes of Fortnite are hurting things at retail.

Always been a deadly period for some games, sink or swim in some cases.

I have to mention the UK embracing Black Friday as well, people are continuing to stay savvy about game prices, digital sales and even retail sales due to being burnt before. There's only so many times people can buy games on launch only to find them discounted a month later.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you didn't want me to bring out PS2 games you shouldn't have been so hyperbolic and said the last 20 years, and 64% is still not to bad when compared to many other studios. But you generally seem like an ass so don't bother replying.

64% of their output. SIXTY FOUR. Is hitman games. You have no valid argument.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No surprise, the marketing team killed BF5
Everyone knows about Bethesda games and Hitman,... idk why they keep making Hitman games