• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Curious to see how Spyro does. Isn't it coming to Switch, crazy they didn't launch day 1, will of lost sales.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
That's great to hear for Pokemon and Spyro. A shame about Hitman 2 though as it's a neat Stealth game with the new areas being fun to explore around in IMO.

Curious to see how Spyro does. Isn't it coming to Switch, crazy they didn't launch day 1, will of lost sales.
Switch and PC release is very likely in 2019, though an earlier release coinciding with X1 and PS4 would've indeed helped its sales. We'll see if its late release will do well.
Though I am curious, isn't the game like 50+ GB on PS4 at least? Wonder what corners they're gonna cut to get it on the Switch.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Battlefield V isn't even like fully out yet, standard edition doesn't hit until Tuesday so I'm not terribly shocked though I think it'll still struggle a bit.

Haven't seen a ton of marketing, reception feels mixed, beta wasn't the best, and well, we've seen the controversies that have stemmed over the last few months and the revolt against EA since Battlefront 2.

May 18, 2018
I'll treat these unverified claims as what they are but I"m not surprised about BF 5. The beta wasn't fun and CoD has a decent BR mode so it's a no brainer. I guess I'm not too surprised about Pokemon either since it seems everyone but me is playing it haha.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hitman is definitely not doing well. There were less than 30000 people in the PS4 leaderboards for the Miami mission when I checked yesterday. Hopefully it will keep selling over time especially after the expansions are released.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I kind of imagine BFV must be way more digital than retail at this point, right? If you're into that game, you want it on the HDD at all times I'd imagine.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
That's great to hear for Pokemon and Spyro. A shame about Hitman 2 though as it's a neat Stealth game with the new areas being fun to explore around in IMO.

Switch and PC release is very likely in 2019, though an earlier release coinciding with X1 and PS4 would've indeed helped its sales. We'll see if its late release will do well.
Though I am curious, isn't the game like 50+ GB on PS4 at least? Wonder what corners they're gonna cut to get it on the Switch.

Wolfenstein 2 is like 48 gigs on PS4 and is on Switch. It's been done before.

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Considering you have to download most of the game on the PS4 they don't really have to do anything. Unless the reports were wrong?

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield V deflated any hype right from initial announcement. A shame because the most recent trailer and final release look pretty good.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
BFV selling poorly at retail wouldn't be surprising. None of the retail versions come with the early release date, do they?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd have to imagine a lot of the "access early" editions of games tend to be digital sales (usually includes digital content like a season pass, and typically the type to buy these editions tend to be among the dedicated base that seems to buy more digitally).

Edit: Oh wait, is it only digitally? So what's the guy even talking about?

Edit 2: It is physical at Gamestop at least.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
With how much has been shown and talked about regarding Battlefield V I thought it's been out for a month or two. How the fuck is this not out yet?

May 18, 2018
It doesn't officially release until the 20th.

The weird-ass pay extra to play an arbitrary number of days earlier depending on how much you paid thing. I'm sure there are a lot of passionate fans ponying up for that version, but I wouldn't take those numbers as ordinary sales figures.

Ah I didn't know about this. That could explain some things and I'm glad I attempted to take that tweet as unverified rumbling

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Spyro really surprised me with how amazing the remake is. Well deserved. Everyone should give it a go if they are even mildly interested. Jolly vibes. Great game to play alongside something more complex.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously Spyro and Pokemon will do very well but I'm very curious about how 'poor' Fallout is doing - Fallout 4 sold absolutely huge numbers in the UK so surely it can't be doing that badly.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see BFV doing very good on Black Friday week full price. COD will have some sales those days surely.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Spyro selling well would be great. Whether it's thanks to nostalgia or not, non-Mario 3d platformers doing good numbers is a future I want to live in.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Asked in the PAL thread, but this one is better suited.
Won't BF5 be 2 weeks worth of sales when it's on the chart? God, I bet the drop from BF1 will be extra brutal if so.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I bought a month of Origin Premier for 15 dollars for Battlefield 5 and it still wasn't worth it.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Good for Spyro and Pokemon. Shame about Hitman 2 as it's really good.

Seems a bit harsh on Battlefield 5 though, as it's only out on early access with the expensive premium version right now, I would think most people will buy the regular cheaper version, so will wait and see how that really does when it's out for everyone.

Oct 30, 2017
Why are all new releases £50? My guess is Brexit is weakening the pound, but I'm sure the end of last gen everything was £35-38.

I want BF5 and Assassin's Creed, but not that much.